Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to send a report to where she claimed to had lived in VA? Maybe someone could identify the JD.

Hey all,
Wow, I miss a lot when I don't check in for a week or so don't I? Apologies for that. I suppose what I ought to make clear is when I met Andrea and how old we were or how old I thought she was. I also want to thank everyone for being so friendly and nice and saying all the good things you have about my meeting up with my friend Rob again. We have been playing a lot of 'catch up' every day that we talk and sometimes we almost laugh ourselves silly. It certainly was a fun time back in those days and it seems like things and people were much easier going back then as well. I have just lain on my bed and meditated trying to bring my mind back to that time in my life. I first MET Andrea sometime in the year 1986-87. I was in Seattle before that time but had never met her until then. I think it was spring of 1986 perhaps. I remember that because when I met Andrea for the first time at City Beat, she had a Camellia in her hair that she had picked off a Camellia shrub outside of City Beat. I remember it was so very red against her jet black, big ratted out hair and pale skin. She must have been ( and this is only a guess! ) around the same age or maybe even a little younger than myself. I was born in Feb of 1967. That should nail it down a bit better for everyone. After that night, we would see each other every time we went to City Beat which was every weekend pretty much. She seemed to know a lot of people but they seemed to be only acquaintances. I never saw her with anyone that I would call a "best friend". I don't think she had one at all. Seriously. As I have said before, she seemed to be hiding or running from something and it seems like she didn't want to be around one person too long. She was 'flighty' that way. I always thought she was a lonely girl back then and I always did my best to befriend her and dance with her or just hang out together. I do remember only one time that ever let me get close to her. What I'm going to talk about now is in my past so don't think I'm still living like this or doing drugs. I know you likely don't need to be told that but I'm just making sure you know I am reliable and not a screwed up mess. Far from it in fact. Andrea and I each took a hit of MDA as I always seemed to be chosen as the middle man between the dealers and my friends. I'm a nice guy, what can I say? So, we took it and danced for a while and talked amongst other friends and when it took hold of us we fell into the usual "I love everything! It's all fabulous" mindset. They didn't call MDA the love drug for nothing back then, mind you. At some point, Andrea and I took off together and walked out of the club and up Boren Street to the old Monastery which of course was long closed down by then. We sat on the old back porch of it ( The Monastery was in an old church and very creepy at night ) and just talked. That is honestly the only time I remember ever getting close to her and being able to ask her questions. But, of course we were higher than kites so it was mostly laughing and hanging on to each other. I seem to remember that we had a bottle of orange juice with us and about 50 straws each. People who were on MDA used to chew on handfuls of straws. It was that or you'd keep clenching your teeth since all you wanted to do was talk, talk, talk and dance, dance dance. Hence the straws to chew on. This must sound so weird to you all and I can't believe I am telling you all this. This was the time I asked her seriously where she was from and what she did. This is when she told me that she worked taking care of an elderly or/and disabled woman in Burien, which is indeed a southern suburb of Seattle. I do not remember her telling me where she was from. The only thing that comes to mind is across the sound from Tacoma. So maybe Sequim, Olalla or one of the towns over there. I seem to recall her vaguely flapping her arms over towards the other side of the sound ( Puget Sound ) and saying something about across from Tacoma. So, unless that was a recollection of someone else I'm fairly sure that is what she said or indicated. After that, we started walking back to City Beat and still laughing ourselves silly. Oh, and when were on the back porch of the old Monastery, she did throw up too. Just really quick and I remember asking if she was okay and her laughing and saying yes, she was okay. She said it was just the MDA. It certainly never made me sick but perhaps she was doing more than me or was on other stuff too. I don't know. WE got back to CB and that was that. Didn't talk to her again the rest of that night except to say goodbye at closing. She did stay with my roommate and I once or twice too, but nothing of any importance was ever talked abut. She merely crashed on the big pile of clothes in our walk in closet and would leave early in the morning before we were up. Guess she had to go to work in Burien. I have no idea. Like I said, she seemed to have money most of the time and never asked for any from me or my roommate so I tend to believe that she did indeed work in Burien doing what she said she did. That's pretty much all I know. She was more of an acquaintance than a friend not because I didn't want to be but because she didn't want to get too close to anyone it seemed like. She obviously picked up on me being a nice guy and my sexuality being what it is, I wasn't a threat to her at all when it came to that. No awkwardness in our friendship or acquaintanceship or whatever you might want to call it. All I know is that I DO miss her and I am not happy with myself in that I didn't keep track of her when I left Seattle and "The Scene" so to speak. She was a really good girl or young lady. I could tell that much. But, she was running or hiding from something. That was obvious too. I do indeed still have the bracelet she gave me and it is still in my deceased mothers jewelry box on a shelf in my closet. I look at it often but I have never picked it up or worn it and neither did my mother. My mother just kept it safe for me while she was alive. I know I wore it a few times when I still lived in Seattle and hung out at City Beat. If any detective or LE wants it for DNA testing, etc. I am sure willing to let them have it for that but I would want it back. It means a lot to me like Andrea does. I guess I should remind everyone again that she pronounced her name as ( this is the phonetic spelling ) Awn-dray-uh. I suppose that is about it. I hope I have answered the questions everyone has asked and if not, just ask again and I will check in much more often than I have been. As I always seem to say, this young lady does seem like she might be my Andrea but I don't know what else I can do. She never told me a last name or any other personal info. I'm not sure that anyone in our group of friends and acquaintances ever really knew her either. I have asked many people. Many of the same people you see on the websites for City Beat, The Monastery, Skoochies and Club Broadway. Perhaps someone who is searching for those clubs will stumble onto this site too and recognize me or better yet, Andrea and they will say something about her that we don't know. That's my hope besides my even greater hope of just giving this young lady her identity back and doing for her what she so deserves. Again, if anyone has any questions for me regarding the Andrea I know/knew, then please ask. If you want to know about the Bat Cave scene and all that stuff, I'll be more than happy to answer those too. I think I saw where someone in an above post was interested in asking me about that. Have a great night and a fabulous week. Cheers to all - MontanaMan

PS - Friend Rob wants me to thank everyone for their healing thoughts and really great comments. He's doing great. Thanks everyone!

I think she atleast deserves a look even if her nose may not be an exact match to the drawing.

Do they have a photo of this doe? That would be a much more accurate determination imo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The eye colour could be a problem with Cynthia. Hers are listed as brown and look very dark in the photo. I have searched for a clearer pic of her and come up with zilch though.

MontanaMan, thank you so much for offering to lend Andrea's bracelet for DNA testing. Maybe someone else will be able to give you guidance about how - or if - it can be done. Hope so.

MontanaMan, so when you left Seattle Andrea was still there and active in the Bat Cave scene? what year was that again?

You should make that a short story and publish it

Yes! you have a great way of sucking someone into your story. (Very descriptive and caring at the same time) I find myself intriqued.

Even if she's not the UID, I just find myself wanting to know more about your mystery girl.

I kind of don't want her to be our girl because I would love to know that your Andera has turned things around and is living a happy productive life out there somewhere.

MontanaMan, so when you left Seattle Andrea was still there and active in the Bat Cave scene? what year was that again?

I have looked back through MontanaMan's posts and the only clue I see is that he says he knows about the Seattle scene 'up to 1989 or so'. I'm wondering if Andrea left the scene before he did.

What about Cynthia Lorraine Perry?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perry_cynthia.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

At first after looking at the picture of Cynthia I thought that there was no way she was a match. The picture just looked like someone much older.Our Andrea seems to have such a youthful look
Than I realized the the age matched up well.

So possibly worth a look. I don't remember, Did they save finger prints or DNA for Andrea?

Has anyone turned this in yet?

MontanaMan, could you post a picture of the bracelet and any hallmark? I am wondering if it could be English 19th century. There was a great fad for funeral jewellery then, which often contained hair or black stones. I don't think an old Indian piece would have a hallmark.

If you can't post a pic, here's a link to hallmarks info that could provide a lot of info about the origin of the bracelet: http://www.925-1000.com/

ETA: Have I got confused here? Was it just our Andrea's ring that was made of hair, and the bracelet was all silver? I've just read through all of MontanaMan's posts but now I can't see the one about the bracelet. I must need coffee.

Thanks so much for finding this. It's made me think about that motel key. There seems to have been a lot of publicity at the time about her, so now I'm thinking the motel key was not from a motel in OC - why would she having been asking for people to let her stay the night if she had a hotel anyway?

I think Andrea may have left a motel in another state in a hurry, maybe without paying, and that's why she still had a key in her pocket.

Zwiebel, if I recall correctly, the ring of our Jane doe was made of hair and the man interviewed said she had cut it off her own head ( as to previously having it). (I just retread the whole thread and had missed that detail the first time.). Montanaman's Andrea's bracelet did not have hair in it I do not think. Jane doe was also found with a smooth black stone.... Anyone note any significance of that?

All my opinions, of course:)

I have a pic of Huntington Beach in front of me, and I think it's safe to say it didn't come from there.

I was thinking about decorative stones - in a flowerbed outside a motel maybe?

ETA: thanks for the info, Mrs Tigglesworth. Love the name!

Many beaches on the east coast have black smooth stones that wash up on the shore. I used to carry one in my pocket as a kind of "worry stone."

Many beaches on the east coast have black smooth stones that wash up on the shore. I used to carry one in my pocket as a kind of "worry stone."

Do we have a pic of the black stone? I don't see it on any of her pages.

doenetwork - 40UTFCA

Nam Us - 7672

I'm also surprised they're not showing her clothing on her pages or the key & ring :(

No, I haven't seen pictures of any of her clothing or accessories anywhere. Maybe CarlK has more info.

No, I have not seen any photos of her clothing or jewelry. I was having a tough time envisioning how a black dress, red long-sleeved tee-shirt and pink sweater would look. I was asking myself - was the tee-shirt over or under the dress?

I dunno.

So glad you mentioned that, CarlK. I spent hours puzzling over that myself, and then googling 1990s fashion. I nearly put together a pastiche of what the clothing might have looked like, but then didn't, in case it was misleading.

Tips; Look to Madonna's 'Desperately seeking Susan' for how fishnets fitted with the fashion look.

Think sleeveless pinafore style for the dress, either tight or flaring out under the bosom (this type not very flattering for big bosoms so may be unlikely). Then it's not hard to think of the long-sleeve T under.

From what I can see, the sweater would have been big and baggy, maybe rolled up at the sleeves, and covered the red t completely.

With that, you are left with someone in a colour-co-ordinated outfit of pink sweater, black 'skirt' (dress), black fishnets and pink shoes.

I am wondering if the shoes were really shoes or boot style. Boots with fishnets seemed to be the fashion then.

ETA: Shocking pink, rather than baby pink, seemed to be the fashion then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay