Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He doesn't appear to be walking perfectly, though I'm not sure if that would be due to having his head in his phone the entire time he's walking or intoxication.
Was this to/from the bathroom? There seems to be a lot of people walking around; was that after the game had ended?
I thought the same. He appears to be walking trying not to look drunk, I can relate! IMO

I am an experienced drinker, and almost exclusively beer.

IMHO he looks like he is having a little trouble walking straight, like slight stumbles. I dont think its the face in phone walk which is a gradual veer in a direction.
I agree. Why did LE da
Robert Handa (@RHandaNBC) | Twitter
Robert Handa on Twitter | 1:00 PM (PST) - 15 Nov 2018

#SantaClara #Police Capt. Wahid Kazem says investigators releasing surveillance video of missing #49er fan #IanPowers that shows him leaving #LeviStadium toward parking lot. Alone. No noticeable problem walking.

View attachment 155822
Yes there is! IMO

He doesn't appear to be intoxicated to the point that he is not in control though. Of course, probably shouldn't drive, but not completely gone either. IMO. He isn't bouncing of the walls or floor. That video appears to be him walking over that bridge that has the water under it.

On page one, first post states:

Police said the last communication Powers had with his family was about 10 p.m. Monday.

But the game ended around 8:30?
With that in mind, the gf must know he what he was up to...IMO. She didn't say that he was concerned because he was lost or asking how to get back. Didn't it also say that LE notified her that the car was parked where they had left it? Wouldn't she have gone to the car and figured that out for herself when she was looking for him?

New evidence emerges in case of missing 49ers fan
Meanwhile, reinforcements in the search efforts have now taken up the cause. Thursday morning, family and friends resumed their search for Ian Powers near Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara.

“We’re just gonna ago walk around some more and look around the creek and areas around there. He couldn't’t swim, so maybe there’s something,” said Chelsea Robbins, as she huddled with family members in a parking lot on Great America Parkway.

Robbins was joined in the sleuthing by Ian’s relatives, who drove down to the Bay Area from Spokane, Washington.

“We just pulled in. We left last night. And got here today. We’re very concerned,” said Ian’s aunt, Tara Semler.

More from the article:
The 32-year-old Powers was last seen at the 49ers game Monday night. [CR] says he had been drinking at the game, and near its conclusion, left their seats in section 226 and went to the bathroom around 8:15 p.m, and disappeared. [...]

[...]

Wednesday, police used available officers and K-9s to do intensive searching of Powers’ last known location. A snapshot of a video call with his girlfriend as the two tried to meet at their car in this parking lot. But Powers’ cell phone died, and the couple never connected.

“But he had the car keys. I just thought he would have made it back to the car once he figured out we couldn’t find each other,” said [CR].

[...]

Santa Clara police would like to search thoroughly waterways near the Levi’s Stadium, and in Alviso. But fires burning in Butte County have led smoke-filled skies in the South Bay. That’s grounded the San Jose police helicopter again Thursday. Officials hope to get in the air, if the air clears, tomorrow. [...]

There has to be a reason he left. I imagine tons of fans are drunk and having a good time at the games (and tailgating) but I doubt many would leave, during the 4th quarter due to being drunk.

I don't know why this scenario comes to mind (I guess because I assume there maybe was an argument?) But is it possible he popped the question during this "special trip" and she declined? Nothing in reports makes this scenario likely, I just can't think of any other logical reason he would leave mid-game, knowing she has no ride in an unfamiliar place, with kids, and yet contact her later at 10pm via video chat?

If the time stamp is correct I don't understand why the gf didn't leave with him if the game was already over?
makes me think he was prone to walking off, taking off or leaving when drinking. Maybe they had a fight but because its something that is not uncommon she thought he'd eventually come back.

There have been times where I argued with my wife while drunk and just left to get away. But never more than a couple hours. I hope he's just hiding out.

He doesn't appear to be intoxicated to the point that he is not in control though. Of course, probably shouldn't drive, but not completely gone either. IMO. He isn't bouncing of the walls or floor. That video appears to be him walking over that bridge that has the water under it.

It does look drunk enough to effect his steps and maybe to effect his emotions

If he called her at 10pm that's a long time after the game ended. I would be very p'ed off if I was the gf. What did she do all the while?

Approximate timeline:
8.15 pm leaves stadium for bathroom
8.40 pm game ended
8.42 - 9.03 pm seen on surveillance footage walking out of the stadium
10 pm calls gf

Very long gaps in this timeline imo.

If he called her at 10pm that's a long time after the game ended. I would be very p'ed off if I was the gf. What did she do all the while?

Approximate timeline:
8.15 pm leaves stadium for bathroom
8.40 pm game ended
8.42 - 9.03 pm seen on surveillance footage walking out of the stadium
10 pm calls gf

Very long gaps in this timeline imo.
Thank you! I agree.

There has to be a reason he left. I imagine tons of fans are drunk and having a good time at the games (and tailgating) but I doubt many would leave, during the 4th quarter due to being drunk.

I don't know why this scenario comes to mind (I guess because I assume there maybe was an argument?) But is it possible he popped the question during this "special trip" and she declined? Nothing in reports makes this scenario likely, I just can't think of any other logical reason he would leave mid-game, knowing she has no ride in an unfamiliar place, with kids, and yet contact her later at 10pm via video chat?

Jumping off your post, it appears there was a touchdown at 8:13 PM, which led to the Giants taking the lead.
11:13 p.m. [Eastern time]: TOUCHDOWN, GIANTS. Sterling Shepard stays in bounds to reel in the pass from Manning and the Giants take the lead with 53 seconds left. Giants 27, 49ers 23.
Giants vs. 49ers results: Score, highlights from 'Monday Night Football'

Video clip of touchdown and play clock
New York Giants on Twitter
(*video at link)

Going by his gf’s report, he would leave his seat to go to the bathroom about 2 minutes after this touchdown occurred.

Around 8:15 PM: near the conclusion of the game, he left their seats in section 226 and went to the bathroom and then disappeared.
New evidence emerges in case of missing 49ers fan

8:21 PM: Game is over
Giants vs. 49ers results: Score, highlights from 'Monday Night Football'

Jmo

I guess being drunk could explain this but why, if your phone was about to die, would you video chat (more battery usage) vs. text if you are "trying to find each other" Were they exchanging texts after his bathroom trip but before the video chat? Was he lost/just too drunk and unable to find where the car was parked? Mad? Sad? Was she just waiting by the car from the time the game ended to the time she took the bus?

It’s apparent from the video he’s able to walk somewhat normally. He’s not staggering. Or falling. Or needing to lean on things,” said Santa Clara police captain Wahid Kazem.

Now, where I live walking like that could get you a public intoxication and a trip to the pokey. At minimum a talking to by a police officer seeing what was up. I respectfully disagree with Captain Kazem. IMO

I guess being drunk could explain this but why, if your phone was about to die, would you video chat (more battery usage) vs. text if you are "trying to find each other" Were they exchanging texts after his bathroom trip but before the video chat? Was he lost/just too drunk and unable to find where the car was parked? Mad? Sad? Was she just waiting by the car from the time the game ended to the time she took the bus?
In a parki
Is it normal to take a Snapchat pic of the video chat? Why then? Just speculating because I don’t know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back