CA - Infant, 1, member of homeless family, died under an overpass near LA International Airport, 22 Dec 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why the family members of this victim didn't provide shelter. Godmother?
The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner is still working to determine her official cause of death, but while they investigate, her godmother, who is also homeless, is furious.

Quoted from post #6 @imstilla.grandma
ETA: Bolded by me

Last edited:
I don't understand why the family members of this victim didn't provide shelter. Godmother?

Sometimes, the entire family is homeless, which seems to be the case here. Other times, even if a member of the family is housed, it doesn't mean they have the space or resources to take in three additional people (or even one additional person) and/or the landlord forbids it. This is the reality of being poor in America. Even if you're fortunate enough to find a place to live, if you're in Section 8 housing or even in an apartment you can pay for, there are often strict rules about who can live there.

JMO

A homeless woman in Kentucky died from exposure to bitter cold temperatures.

A release said the woman was 58, and the Daviess County Coroner said the woman died on Wednesday from exposure to the cold. The coroner also said she homeless, living in her car.

Here is a church trying to help the homeless and it was charged with zoning violations.

BRYAN, Ohio (WTVG) - Pastor Chris Avell is the head of Dad’s Place, a church he founded off Main St. in Bryan. Over the Summer, Pastor Avell decided to keep the doors open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

“We could just open our doors. It’s so easy. We could just open our doors. They’re not hurting anyone,” Pastor Avell said. “I mean, these people have no one. Tony, they have no one to love them and care for them. They’ve been rejected by their families, rejected by their community, and, you know, people have come here and said, ‘Well, why don’t you send them to Florida where it’s warm?’ And it’s like, come on.”

In November 2023, Pastor Avell said the Bryan City Zoning Commission told him Dad’s Place, which does not have bedrooms, could no longer house the homeless. A court filing states the building is zoned as Central Business and people are not allowed to eat, wash clothes, and sleep on the property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back