Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Jan 1 2021

Trinidadexpress
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/lo...2a4bf90e-4c94-11eb-92f8-c32ab81c64c4.amp.html
''Jade Peters lived in a home filled with love and laughter.

It is now a house of horrors.

The 12-year-old was the darling to her parents and sisters.

The family games and giggles have been replaced by tears and torment.

The house has also been the target of gunmen, who Jade’s parents Wayne Peters and Pearl Narine believe know what happened to their daughter seven years ago.

The couple have lost faith in the police service, who could not find their child or and bring to justice the gunmen, who have over the years terrorised them at their home at Dow Village, California, Couva.''

After Jade walked out of her house around 10 p.m. that Boxing Day, in 2014, they have known only misery and depression, the parents said.

The 12-year-old child told one of her sisters that she was going to purchase a phone card, but instead got into a vehicle and never returned.

After all this time, whether she is alive or dead is a question the family wants answered.

Jade will turn 19 years old in March, and they imagine her facial features similar to her sisters’, and for them trips out of their home always turn into an unceasing search for that face.''

''Last year’s brutal killing of Ashanti Riley, whom they did not know, was devastating to Jade’s parents, as they wondered if their daughter’s life had ended in similar fashion.

“We don’t know if she is dead, or if she is living''

''The first gun-attack came just four days after his child went missing.

Peters had appealed for police protection, after a gunman walked into his home and opened fire on New Year’s Day, 2015.

He had told the Express that the attack came following a phone conversation with a man whom he told, that he drop all charges if the man brought back his daughter.

Instead, the man threatened him about speaking to the police and the media, and carried out those threats with a hail of bullets on the house shortly after midnight.''

What the hell? Sounds like they could set up the kidnapper or whoever the previous call was with before the gun attack. Curious who the phone call was with.??

The mother said, about five months before, a 32-year-old man had told a member of the family that he liked her daughter, but her husband told him to stay away from her and leave her alone.

Peters told the Express on Monday that he wants to speak to Police Commissioner Gary Griffith about new information that reached the family recently.

Peters’ wife said a relative told them that they heard that a young woman who gave her name as Jade Peters went to search for a job at a security firm in Port of Spain about three months ago.

“The person gave the address as Dow Village, California, which is where we live. The place of employment tried calling the number on the application and no one answered the number. People have given us all kinds of stories about her and we don’t know what to believe,” said the mother.

She said she did not get a description of what the young woman looked like, but if she or her husband saw her, they would know if it was Jade or not.

“We will still know her. She left when she was 12 and we never forgot anything about her”, said Narine

“My other daughters have grown up. One of her older sisters had a son who is four years old now. That is my first grandchild and Jade never met him. My other daughter does not talk how she used to, she keeps to herself.”

Jade’s school uniform from the Union/Claxton Bay Secondary School, where she was a Form Two pupil, still hangs in the closet.

Her bed is made up, awaiting the day she will return.

“We always hope that she will come back. One day we will see her,” said Narine.
The Vanishing of Jade Peters

Bumping up for Jade. I'm not finding a case in NamUs. Poor girl and her family. She was only 12, but there is little attention to her case IMO.

I don't understand what is going on with this case. Does anyone have any thoughts?

There seems to be coverage only by one media source (linked below). She seems to still be missing yet has no poster at NCMEC/ missingkids.org and is not listed in NamUs? She was only 12 but this is it-- really?

Here's the article from 2023 indicating she is still missing, but can anyone find anything else that shows this to be a legitimate current MP case?

I don't understand what is going on with this case. Does anyone have any thoughts?

There seems to be coverage only by one media source (linked below). She seems to still be missing yet has no poster at NCMEC/ missingkids.org and is not listed in NamUs? She was only 12 but this is it-- really?

Here's the article from 2023 indicating she is still missing, but can anyone find anything else that shows this to be a legitimate current MP case?

I think because she is missing from Trinidad & Tobago, not the state of California.

Dow Village is a village located within the borders of California, in the region of Couva–Tabaquite–Talparo in Trinidad and Tobago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back