Recovered/Located CA - James ‘Devin’ Boley, 20 & Stacey Best, 25, Brawley, 17 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Suglo

Reaction score
James 'Devin' Boley
Stacey Best
missing in Brawley, CA - from St. George, UT
Last contact August 17th, 2019

Devin and Stacy recently moved to St.George Utah. They met someone that had a room for rent and gave them first and last months rent. A day or two later, the people they had started renting with asked them if they wanted to go on trip to Brawley, California. They decided to go.

Devin, called his mother when they arrived in California on Saturday, 8/17. He also posted on his Facebook up until approximately 4:30pm that day. He usually calls his mom at least every other day. His phone now goes straight to voicemail and he nor Stacey have viewed any of their Facebook messages. There has been no activity since the 17th on Devins Facebook.

If you have heard or seen either Stacey or Devin, please contact the Brawley Police department at 760-344-2111.

Missing Persons Cases Network

Attachments

• B224D4D5-2875-46AF-BE49-AAB05BBF3059.jpeg
    B224D4D5-2875-46AF-BE49-AAB05BBF3059.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 139
BRAWLEY –Pamala Kay Burgess from Springfield, Missouri, has set about to find her son and his girlfriend who have disappeared under suspicious circumstances.

According to Burgess’ post on Facebook, her son, James Boley, 20, and his girlfriend, Stacy Best had recently moved to St. George, Utah, and rented a room in someone’s house. Her post said that after paying first and last month’s rent, they were invited to drive down to Brawley and the young couple agreed.

Burgess said in the post that her son, who calls her at least every other day, called when they arrived in Brawley, August 17, Saturday morning around 9:40 a.m. The mother also said he posted on his Facebook up until 2:30 that same Saturday.

Since then, there has been no activity by either one, nor have they answered any of the calls or social media postings from Burgess.

James Boley is 6 ft., weighing between 135 and 165 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair. Stacy Best is 5’1” with hazel eyes and blondish brown hair. Neither family knew who they rented a room from in Utah.

The mother is asking for any sightings to be reported to the Brawley Police Dept at 760-344-2111.

Couple missing after arriving in Brawley with strangers

This does not sound good. They rent a room from a stranger, give them what likely was hundreds of dollars for rent, then they are invited for a trip with the same person and go missing? I hope they can trace who they rented from.

Hopefully they can ping the cell phones and it'll give them an idea of the address/area they had rented the house from. Also, if LE is able to look into phones there is also probably some digital communication between JB and the landlord as I'm assuming that's how they found the place to rent.

Brawley? Of all places... wonder what they'd head there for (I know they were invited by their "landlord"?) High crime rate, very small town, not much there really.

it has definitely been hot there lately also. 112 expected for today.

where did they move to St George from?

Need more facts

Brawley? Of all places... wonder what they'd head there for (I know they were invited by their "landlord"?) High crime rate, very small town, not much there really.

it has definitely been hot there lately also. 112 expected for today.

where did they move to St George from?

Need more facts
Nothing much there except wide open desert which worries me. His side of the family, who raised the alarm, are mostly in Missouri but not sure that is where they moved from.

They look so young and innocent and were probably excited about being on their own and taking a road trip with their new neighbor "buddy." Easy targets, unfortunately. Sending good vibes and strength to their families <3
JMO, MOO, etc

I hope LE and families are able to retrieve cell phone, bank and sm activity to understand how JB and SB came into contact with landlord if so is there evidence of rent payment to landlord/s.
Do JB and SB phones ping in St. George and Brawley.
JB last posted on his FB page on Aug. 17 from Brawley. Did he also post photos from there to prove that he and Stacey were actually there. I have not seen any comments from Stacey family on MSM but I don't know if that means anything.

New information posted by the Help Find James Boley official FB page last night:

“Updated : James spoke with Law enforcement before he was reported missing. This is not uncommon for Law enforcement to talk to people from not around there. During the conversation James had told the officer they were headed to San Diego. We are assuming that Stacy was with him as well. The good news is that the officer took down the plate number. So for now we continue to search in the same area and expand to San Diego. So please continue to share.
Thank you!”

Help Find James Boley

New information posted by the Help Find James Boley official FB page last night:

“Updated : James spoke with Law enforcement before he was reported missing. This is not uncommon for Law enforcement to talk to people from not around there. During the conversation James had told the officer they were headed to San Diego. We are assuming that Stacy was with him as well. The good news is that the officer took down the plate number. So for now we continue to search in the same area and expand to San Diego. So please continue to share.
Thank you!”

Help Find James Boley

That is fantastic that they got the plate number. What are the chances though LE would talk to James right before he went missing? I know the article says that is not uncommon, but that is a significant coincidence and makes me wonder what made the officer take the plate number down.

That is fantastic that they got the plate number. What are the chances though LE would talk to James right before he went missing? I know the article says that is not uncommon, but that is a significant coincidence and makes me wonder what made the officer take the plate number down.
This is exactly what I’m feeling also. The update was modified overnight as there was more info when I first saw it but I can’t talk about it since it’s not official. His mother did say she was going to be speaking to a new detective in charge today and would update accordingly. I hope they are just out having fun south of San Diego (Mexico) and are okay. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

I believe if LE can access their cell phone data they may be able to uncover more vital imformation.

Was the tag number from their landlord's vehicle or theirs? Tia

I pray they are located soon.

Even if going to SD I still think he would have kept in touch with his mom.

Since he has not it worries me greatly for their safety.

Jmho

James 'Devin' Boley
Stacey Best
missing in Brawley, CA - from St. George, UT
Last contact August 17th, 2019

Devin and Stacy recently moved to St.George Utah. They met someone that had a room for rent and gave them first and last months rent. A day or two later, the people they had started renting with asked them if they wanted to go on trip to Brawley, California. They decided to go.

Devin, called his mother when they arrived in California on Saturday, 8/17. He also posted on his Facebook up until approximately 4:30pm that day. He usually calls his mom at least every other day. His phone now goes straight to voicemail and he nor Stacey have viewed any of their Facebook messages. There has been no activity since the 17th on Devins Facebook.

If you have heard or seen either Stacey or Devin, please contact the Brawley Police department at 760-344-2111.

Missing Persons Cases Network

I've been folllwing the case but it hasn't been reported in the media until now. Thanks for posting a thread.

This is scary. What happened to these two?

browley-jpg.200563

Just wanted a bigger picture out there. It's the 11th day since they've been missing. Details are exceedingly sketchy, as usual. I think LE needs to release a bit more info in this case, as surely, they know something about Brawley and the landlords' connections to it. Why would anyone go to Brawley? What is out there?

Attachments

• browley.jpg
    browley.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 771

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members