CA CA - Jason Brice, 52, Los Angeles County, Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
MSM-
A missing person, who works for the Department Of Water and Power, has prompted the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide unit to conduct a search and rescue in the Angeles National Forest.

The name of the missing person is Jason Alen Brice, who was described as 52 years old, 5’11” and 320 pounds, with brown/gray medium-length hair and blue eyes.

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...mpts-search-in-angeles-national-forest-219354

More info here-
http://www.missingveterans.com/2018/jason-alen-brice/

Jason Alen Brice (52) is a U.S. Army Veteran who went missing after last being seen on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at his place of employment in Saugus, California.
Jason Brice went on a four day vacation and did not return to work. Jason contacted his boss via telephone on January 16, 2018, and has not been seen or heard from since. A missing persons report was filed for Jason Brice on January 23, 2018. A search is being conducted in the Angeles National Forest. Jason Brice works for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP). Jason Brice has no known medical conditions.

3da1bc1edd92f7c618821a2ebe0a6565.jpg
315d8e0a54adff929a77ab8e0dfcf97f.jpg

Who did he go vacationing with? Who reported him missing? Where's his vehicle?

The units conducted their search near San Francisquito near Drinkwater Flats on Thursday night, according to officials.

“The missing person went missing several days ago,” said Detective Abraham, with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Homicide Bureau.

It is unclear why the person in question did go missing, and investigators continue their search for answers, said Sheriff’s officials.

“We have not received any leads on the missing person,” said Abraham.

Drinkwater Road and Drinkwater Reservoir, the last known locations of the missing DWP worker, are closed to the public, according to DWP officials.

There are water and power systems that are stationed near the area and DWP workers are there daily, officials said.

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...mpts-search-in-angeles-national-forest-219354

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Wow.....hope they find him.

607181d626c8a4a9c25dcde7fad53c74.jpg

More general view of location
02151063923e8610f9e4a478a8b5ade8.jpg

It would be interesting to know what he said to his supervisor on the 16th. Did he indicate that he was not coming in for work? Coming at a later date? Quitting his job?

This one also does not say what he told his boss, but it mentions a vacation

Mr. Brice did not return to work after a four day vacation. He contacted his supervisor by telephone on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and has not been seen or heard from since. He has no known medical conditions.
https://local.nixle.com/alert/6376803/

No New Leads on Missing LADWP Worker
Tuesday, Jan 30, 2018
“We were just trying to search where he lives, and it’s a wooded area, we had nothing to show that he was out there,” Abraham said. “We had no leads as to where to search. We were just doing due diligence to search the general area.”

While there is no active search, Abraham hopes the community will keep their eyes open.

“We’ll continue to check databases,” she said. “But without a lead, there’s not a whole lot we can do.”

https://scvnews.com/2018/01/30/no-new-leads-on-missing-ladwp-worker/

https://signalscv.com/2018/01/sheri...on-search-dwp-worker-angeles-national-forest/

January 26, 2018 An investigation is now underway and being handled by LASD’s Homicide/Missing Persons Unit, which was assisted by the deployment of the station’s Search and Rescue Team, in addition to assistance from an aerial unit, on Thursday.
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station officials activated search and rescue resources Thursday evening in the Angeles National Forest region. The search units were seen near an Angeles National Forest ranger station, off San Francisquito Canyon Road, north of Drinkwater Flats, which is a popular off-road recreation area.
“(Thursday’s search) was a due diligence search so to speak, because he lives in that area, but we’re giving it our best shot to search out there because of the terrain,” she said, adding that officials don’t have any specific information about the person’s last known whereabouts.
The person was reported missing on Jan. 23, but believed to have been last seen about a week prior to the report, around Jan. 16, according to sheriff’s officials.
“Nobody was located, we still don’t have the specifics on the reason they were there,” said Deputy Navarro of the Sheriff’s Information Bureau, regarding Thursday’s search efforts. “My understanding is that there was an investigation that did not yield (what detectives sought).”

SIB officials confirmed initial reports that no foul play has been suspected, and that the search was a routine follow-up, as the person missing lived in the area being searched. “We’re just trying to do the best we can on this one,” Abraham said, “because we don’t have any leads.”

He lives (lived?) in company housing in a small neighborhood consisting of his coworkers. Not in the woods. Not in a trailer.
His vehicle is still at his house. His tools were left out / unsecured.
I don't think he had many or any close family members and I'm told his father, with whom he was very close, passed away last year.
His coworkers are very distraught over his disappearance. He is (was?) very well-liked. They still hike in the surrounding areas searching for any trace of him.
He loved hiking alone and photography.
To my knowledge, the police did not conduct a very thorough investigation at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back