Found Deceased CA- Jason Cantrall, 46, Siskiyou County, 30 September 2018 *At Risk*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jason’s FB page.

Jason Cantrall

It sure matches how he’s described in MSM.

Doodles 1211, from poking around some of the FB missing posts, it sounds like the distance from the last seen location to the truck location is a few miles, but not as far as 15 miles. The location of the truck is 47 N 44 Road (also in MSM) right near Dead Cow Creek.

Is this a happy couple? Maybe she was responsible for the gunshots and it was she who fled in the truck, leaving him wounded to fend for himself.
Sorry, but her account of events is pretty hard to believe.
Theres really got to be a whole lot more going on here than the info provided.

Is this a happy couple? Maybe she was responsible for the gunshots and it was she who fled in the truck, leaving him wounded to fend for himself.
Agreed. The first thing that came to mind was hunting accident being covered up. But, hoping that is not the case and they can find him in time.

Lilibet, I’m jaded too. I like your idea of theories.

Targeted abduction - seems unlikely. Who knew they’d be in a remote area? How could they predict he’d go up that hill by himself? How’d they get there (assuming girlfriend / LE searched up there) if they used his vehicle to depart? It seems too unpredictable when they could abduct him somewhere else more easily.

Random abduction / altercation- maybe slightly more likely? It’s public land, there could have been another hunter, might explain why 2 shots were fired. Still — even if the other person panicked, why take the truck & dump it? Why not disappear into the woods & depart from whence he came? Jason’s an outdoors guy; that doesn’t prevent him being overpowered, but you’d want to get the jump on him.

Mental health issue - always possible, but it seems if it were self-harm, they would have found him. If he were depressed, I don’t know why he’d abandon his girlfriend in the woods before leaving. If he were delusional, there should have been indications prior to his sudden disappearance. The main mental health issue I could see would be more a physical (diabetic) issue that affected his mental alertness and decision making.

So I’m back to a diabetic issue. I realized I’ve been assuming that they’d be camping in the area where they were hunting, but now I wonder if they were planning to truck-camp near the stream. I like camping near running water. If he were on autopilot due to a diabetic issue, he may have instinctively headed to their camping site, like doodles brother-in-law was able to maneuver through traffic during his episode.

I’m curious, though, as to whether he was monitoring his blood sugar levels and/or girlfriend noticed any off behavior. I’m guessing the ‘road’ up the hill was probably mostly potholes & prayers and that he may have parked the truck and walked a bit. He may have exerted himself more than he realized and by the time he returned to the truck, where his insulin and food was, he wasn’t thinking clearly enough to medicate.

All My Opinion and Speculation.

Agreed. The first thing that came to mind was hunting accident being covered up. But, hoping that is not the case and they can find him in time.

I’ve been side-eyeing the fact she knew the Good Samaritan who came by. But it’s a rural area.

Hunting accident - why disappear him & the truck? Jason is wiry, not overweight, but she’d need help, I would think. If it were an accident, she might not even be charged. He was the more experienced hunter.

Of course, Jason may never have made it up that hill in the first place.

I’ve been side-eyeing the fact she knew the Good Samaritan who came by. But it’s a rural area.

Hunting accident - why disappear him & the truck? Jason is wiry, not overweight, but she’d need help, I would think. If it were an accident, she might not even be charged. He was the more experienced hunter.

Of course, Jason may never have made it up that hill in the first place.

Maybe there was more than the two of them out there hunting (Good Sam??). If there was an accident... someone (other than gf) may have reason to cover it up.
It could have been a complete stranger out there hunting, as well?
But, I too, am leaning more toward a diabetic episode took place and he ran off somewhere, yet to be found. Although, it is not the first thought I had.

I believe this is new information:

“Officials were initially searching for Cantrall’s vehicle, a silver Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck, but SAR members located the truck early in their search. According to officials the truck was found with its windows down and the missing man’s possessions inside it. The truck was located along Forest Road 40N44 in the area south of Wards Fork Gap.

As search efforts focused in the area where Cantrall’s truck was found, searchers found a hat believed to have been Cantrall’s not far from where the truck had been located.

Thus far, no sign of the missing man has been found in the vicinity of the abandoned pick-up,’ said SCSO.“
UPDATE: Multi-agency search for missing, “at-risk” Crescent City man continuing

Never say never, but marijuana is legal in Oregon. I'm not sure locals would need an illegal grow operation when the local dispensaries are reasonably priced and it would be much easier to buy in bulk and take to a neighboring state to profit (if one were looking to profit). I'm not sure how much someone is able to grow for personal use, but, again, you'd likely grow it on your own patio or garden in that case.

Organized crime dealers are likely to grow inside to maximize yield and minimize detection.

I believe this is in CA. Which marijuana is legal also but I do have friends who live in Humboldt county and they did say there are some people that still do operate illegal grows but honestly I don't know the details on whether it's inside or outside or what. But I know in my town we still got lots of folks who sell illegally and buy illegally due to the crazy taxes that more than double the price. But that's going a little off topic I think. Thanks for the reply!

Is this area a place where there might be illegal marijuana grow?

Yes. Even though recreational marijuana is now legal in CA, growers have to go through a permitting process. Many have opted out. There are still illegal grows on national forest and other land in Siskiyou county and the adjoining “Emerald Triangle” (Trinity, Humboldt and Mendocino counties). These are very dangerous areas to venture off the beaten path, with many unsolved missing person and murder cases. I used to live in Humboldt County, so I speak from experience as a resident, not a grower.

That being said, I would be surprised if Jason’s disappearance is connected.

Massive raid disrupts Siskiyou pot traffickers

Welcome to the Emerald Triangle

Yes, I had the same thought. So I suppose there is a remote possibility that he was shot and the shooter drove the truck and hid it. If Jason wasn’t left up on the hill, he would have been in the truck which would show signs of a crime, even if his body is missing. If so, that hasn’t been said.

IMO The simplest explanation is that he was driving and had some kind of medical emergency. But there is certainly a possibility of a crime.

LE probably has a good idea of what happened from the state of the truck and even how it was parked. Everything seems to match from the MSM reports to his FB page to that being a hunting area. When I've seen people with blood sugar crashes, they've been barely functional, so my limited experience made me think that there was no way he'd be able to drive his truck safely. It appears that's possible from the experience of others here. That seems the most straightforward explanation. I'm just concerned as to his survivability if he was experiencing a diabetic incident and hasn't had treatment.

Meanwhile: As we read here about so many lost hikers, let's give snaps to Jason's GF in this situation. She thinks she's out on a day hunting trip and suddenly sees her BF driving away with all of their camping supplies (presumably). He doesn't come back.

She gathers firewood, presumably starts a fire, and spends the night on the mountain. She may not have been comfortable, but she appears to have been dressed appropriately. Did she have a daypack with a few snacks and water? I would guess she had to do some hiking to a road area to flag down a passing motorist. Nice job.

(this assumes that the MSM reports are accurate, of course)

BTW, also assuming there's no cell service here since phone have not been mentioned at all.

I knew someone who's MIL would go into diabetic episodes where she would drive 60 plus miles, through metro SF bay area traffic mind you, and not remember or know she had done it. I always thought it was so weird, but it actually happened more than once. Started up in the fairfield CA area and made it all the way to San Mateo CA before being pulled over by the cops. So I guess it's possible he could have been in a diabetic fog and just drove off.

And the way I read it sounded like he drove the truck UP a hill to scare a deer and the truck came rolling back DOWN right by her, with no one in it! LOL! Perception is interesting.

From what has been reported, could be anything at this point. Hoping there is news for those who know and love this man, soon.

RBBM

I'm thinking this as well. Even if he and his GF had issues, I'd think he would still ask for her help if he went into diabetic shock.

Still, I don't want to throw her "under the bus" per se until more info. is found out . . .

And the way I read it sounded like he drove the truck UP a hill to scare a deer and the truck came rolling back DOWN right by her, with no one in it! LOL! Perception is interesting.

From what has been reported, could be anything at this point. Hoping there is news for those who know and love this man, soon.

Me too! I had to go back and read it two more times after I noticed that nobody was talking about how weird that was!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005
Back