CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered something very creepy on Google Earth. I don't know if anybody else has noticed this. I was looking at Garrido's Walnut Ave. property on Google Earth. I wanted a view from street level and so clicked on the camera icon on the street in front of the house. From that view you can see a rusty old van in the driveway alongside the house. You cannot tell if someone is in the van or not. However, if you continue to move south on Walnut Ave., by clicking on the camera icons (1556, 1564, 1570...) and then rotate around to look back down the street toward Garrido's house (1550) you will see the van pull out of the driveway and follow you (the GoogleEarth spy car) down the street, and then turn right on Bown Ln, and follow you all the way down Bown Ln to the intersection with Viera Ave. Once you turn onto Viera Ave., the van suddenly disappears. It never gets close enough and there is enough shadow inside the van that it is impossible to see the driver. I am dying to know if the driver was Garrido himself. Was he oblivious that he was being photographed by GoogleEarth or did he not care??? Has anybody read what kind of vehicle he has been driving in recent years?
Two things about Google Earth: 1) The maps are not updated frequently. I know because of the changes around my home are not reflected on it e.g. shrubbery changed/fencing/pool, and a hotel that changed hands still shows the original chain, and 2) the photos are taken by satellite, so even if you were outside at the time Google was capturing your neighborhood, you wouldn't know it.

I live in El Dorado County. I am a mother of a daughter just a bit younger than Jaycee. I was working the front desk in Placerville at EDCSO when this happened, June 10, 1991. It was a ghost-town in Placerville while all the deputies were in the Tahoe Division with FBI field officers.

All I wanted to do was go home and hold onto my baby girl. I've never forgotten her, her name, her face, her family's faces.

I just want to publicly thank God for Being a Miracle Worker even in today's lost civilization.
Welcome to Websleuths and we welcome your local information to this case!

ITA. Imagine all the emotions going on in their reunion. Jaycee and her daughters are all precious and their lives are miracles even if the circumstances around them have been far from. God Bless them all.

The real story is Jaycees strength. Her will to live. Am amazed..I have cried for her many times this afternoon.

Wish they would let me alone with the sob for 1 minute with my electric knife. As for the female ..I don't think it would be advisable to let me near her.

What a precious person has survived.. Go Jaycee!!!!!!Many hugs to you..blessings blessings and more blessings.

Personally I dont give a ...what BO thinks...I wouldn't give him much thought cause that is why he makes those comments...He doesn't say them to help or make a difference in a bad situation. Just for his own self serving ego carp. How sad he is as sick as the perps. JMHO

Angel, Dugard is Jaycee's real father and he's not the perp. Please make the correction to the title of the record so we don't libel the father of the victim.

am i clear on this?

jaycee and her children were on the property for all those years that parole was doing home visits on him?:confused:

Horrifically, YES, that is what I understand, too. I can't understand how the hidden part of his yard wasn't questioned by neighbors or local LE/parole visits.

am i clear on this?

jaycee and her children were on the property for all those years that parole was doing home visits on him?:confused:

Sorry about the media typos from the articles I posted...I'll try to go back & edit them myself to correct their mistakes.

It's still so shocking that Jaycee was found after all these years.....every minute that NEWS10 is on live, I hear more & more stuf that just makes me :furious:

I'm so glad that Jaycee & her 2 children are finally safe tonight after all these years.
This is truly a miracle & tonight many familes have hope that it is possible that your loved one can be found......no matter how many yrs go by.

How sad that they kept them hidden in a shack in the backyard! :furious:
I do hope that Nancy & Phillip Garrido spend more years behind bars than how many years they kept Jaycee.

:praying: that Jaycee & her children have the strength & courage to cope with everything in the coming days!

:angel:

New details emerge about ordeal of kidnapped girl
August 27, 2009
17 minutes ago
<snipped>
Authorities say an alleged kidnapper fathered two children with the woman who emerged 18 years after being snatched from a bus stop.

The new details came as authorities provided more information about the saga Jaycee Lee Dugard, who vanished when she was 11 years old and turned up at a police station in Northern California this week.

El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar says the woman spent most of her time in sheds, tents and outbuildings to isolate her from the world. Police say her captor was Phillip Garrido, who is being held on various kidnapping and sex charges.

Kollar says Dugard and the children have never been to school, never been to the doctor, and were kept in complete isolation in this compound.

PHILLIP CRAIG GARRIDO'S Criminal Record
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5iq--8aR-HBCfJ3TvgFk2IStiL9gg?size=xs

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=PLACE...85,-120.799066&spn=0.004771,0.008229&t=h&z=17

Article:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iBbUgkRg4gaNB7YROg0ym3XaAc7wD9ABGO8G0

Correction in red above. Mr. Dugard is Jaycee's father and he is not the perp.

am i clear on this?

That's what I heard. I read one report (can't find it at the moment) that the trip to the parole office may have been the first time she was off the property in 18 years. If anyone can confirm that, I would appreciate it.

This is so sad. When I first heard that Jaycee went to the police, I really hoped that she was kidnapped by a lonely, demented childless couple who wanted a daughter, and that she had managed to live a relatively normal life and either didn't know until recently that she was kidnapped, or had an eventual change of heart to turn in her kidnappers/'parents'. The reality is just a slap in the face...it gets worse as more details come out. They couldn't even let her and the children live in the house? :behindbar

It's truly remarkable that she and the girls are physically healthy. I wonder what would have happened if one of them became seriously ill? Would the kidnappers have let them die, or would they have risked bringing them to a doctor? Reminds me of the Fritzl case in that regard...

The saddest part of the whole story for me was when they said that on the phone with her mother she said "momma could you come and get me?"

How sad that they kept them hidden in a shack in the backyard! :furious:
I do hope that Nancy & Phillip Garrido spend more years behind bars than how many years they kept Jaycee.

Amen. And if only those 18+ years could be spent in cells at least as primitive as the conditions they've kept Jaycee and her children. :furious:

That's what I heard. I read one report (can't find it at the moment) that the trip to the parole office may have been the first time she was off the property in 18 years. If anyone can confirm that, I would appreciate it.

Here:

The identity of Jaycee Lee Dugard, now 29, was revealed when she accompanied Phillip Garrido for questioning by his California parole officer. Garrido, a convicted kidnapper and rapist, also was accompanied by his wife Nancy and two young children that Garrido said were his.

Also:

Kollar said that Jaycee had been held captive at a house in Antioch, Calif., since the day she was abducted and none of their neighbors ever knew.

He described the location as a "hidden back yard" within a larger yard that was arranged in such a way "to isolate the victims from outside contact."

Entrance to the secret yard was guarded by a 6-foot-tall fence, tall trees and a tarp, he said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8426124

Two things about Google Earth: 1) The maps are not updated frequently. I know because of the changes around my home are not reflected on it e.g. shrubbery changed/fencing/pool, and a hotel that changed hands still shows the original chain, and 2) the photos are taken by satellite, so even if you were outside at the time Google was capturing your neighborhood, you wouldn't know it.

The van is not visible in the satellite image. It is only visible in the street images that are taken from a vehicle that drives down the streets with a rotating camera on top taking photos of the fronts of the houses. These images are very controversial since they provide much more information on the private property than the satellite images do. They are not taken at the same time as the satellite images and are usually more recent than the satellites. I believe they have only been available on Google for the last year and a half or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali