CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to note, they DID have video games in their tent, I see a TV and a Nintendo Gamecube in one of the pictures; interesting, right?

This "compound" is the most distorted, hodge-podge collection of stuff I have ever seen. There is a window air conditioning unit in the shed, the dishwasher in the yard, computer, lamps, and so much clutter and stacked up furniture it is disturbing. I bet the house is just as much a mess.

No matter how Jaycee managed to learn to read, the books on the bookcase are more orderly and neat than the rest of their surroundings.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] He is a registered sex offender and he is babysitting young girls? There is guilt to spare in this case.[/FONT]

I think most of the time when we hear the term "sex offender" we automatically think "child molester." I know I do. But then I have to stop and remind myself that registered sex offenders are convicted of a wide range of crimes. In many jurisdictions, if you're arrested for urinating in public and convicted of indecent exposure, you could find yourself required to register as a sex offender. Flash your breasts at a party in college? Yep - you could become a registered sex offender. I read of one case where several graduate students (with no priors) were trying to find a stripper for their buddy's bachelor party and all were arrested for soliciting prostitution. They faced being registered sex offenders.

Now, I don't exactly approve of urinating in public, showing your boobies or looking for strippers - but all are a far, far cry from the sicko predators who are looking for a child to rape.

Garrido's conviction did not involve an act against a minor, so most likely there wouldn't have been restrictions placed on him by the court or parole board regarding contact with minors.

I have often thought about if Megan's law needed to be modified to better protect and not lump so many in together. I wonder if it would be helpful to LE to be able to immediately identify "high risk" sex offenders. I know that some states assign "levels" to sex offenders and those convicted of minor offenses are not on public lists.

Originally posted by Themis: People aren't understanding the significance of this because they aren't understanding the back-story. Think. Here's a clue: "Illegal Aliens." The Bay area is well known to be clusters of "sanctuary cities" where LE is told not to look for, find, inquire, detain, question, identify, report, cooperate with any other agency or deport illegal aliens. The officer who responded to the 911 call and saw tents and sheds that looked like it might be housing for illegal aliens didn't look -- as was the stated policy for the local governments (his bosses).

Antioch is absolutely not a sanctuary city. The Garrido house is right outside the line of Antioch city limits; so even though it's in Antioch, it's patrolled by Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office, and the County is not a sanctuary county.

Earlier I mentioned the formal or informal "sanctuary city" policies. This could be the back story as to what happened in 2006 and why this is being handled like this now.

Antioch is not a Sanctuary City. The closest such cities around here are Oakland, Berkeley, SF, and Davis, all an hour +/- from the Walnut Avenue property.

sources: http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp and http://www.sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_state_california.htm.

"The lawyer for accused kidnapper Nancy Garrido told News10 exclusively Saturday that his client is scared as she sits in her cell at the El Dorado County Jail, contemplating the thought of spending the rest of her life behind bars."

Oh, she doesn't like the loss of her liberty? She's worried it might go on for a long time? What the ______ did she think she was doing to Jaycee, who was only 11 years old?
SHE grabbed her off the street in 1991!

She has a roof over her head, a clean bed and linens, three meals a day, medical care, psychological services, a lawyer ... what did Jaycee get -- Jaycee was kept in the backyard like an abused puppy. By the way, keeping a dog in the backyard alone is animal abuse!

Good article, Cleo. Thanks for the link.

:boohoo::loser: I hope she's scared :censored: less after 18 years in prison she'll be 72 and as pointed out, she'll be in a facility much better than the one Jaycee lived in. I think and hope that the other inmates aren't going to look to kindly on her and when he's in prison I think he'll be miserable too.

Here's a news flash for Mrs. Perp. You don't have to be scared and distraught that you MIGHT spend the rest of your life in prison. You really don't have to worry one bit about whether or not that's going to happen. It's a fact that you will. Just deal with it. Get an early start on coping with the fact that you will never be free again.

:clap: :clap:

I think this guy is crazy as a fox, a cold and calculating monster who rapes young girls, and who knows what else he's done! Expect the trial to be an absolute circus. He'll probably take the stand and go to great lengths to justify what he did. Who knows, he'll probably try to act as his own attorney and humiliate Jaycee and her daughters in cross-examination. I don't know...anything is possible from him at this point. Look at that disgusting interview he gave just a few hours after being arrested. This man is a sociopath, an extreme narcissist, and a master manipulator.
I expect just about anything from him at this point, and I don't trust the justice system to keep control of the situation.

As I posted earlier, in another time and place he would have been taken care of swiftly and never heard from again.

God I hope they figure out some way to keep both of them in prison for life without having to go to trial.

BBM. How does having a clean driving record negate the fact she kidnapped a child, and did god knows what, since 1991? What an idiotic comment he made.

Also, she has no priors on things we know about. That's a lot different than not having priors.

All criminal defendants are "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law." All criminal defendants have a US Constitutional right to a trial by a jury of their peers.

What she said. :thumb: It's what separates us from the dictatorial societies. A lot of the time it's hard to stomach but that's the way it has to be. JMO

Leila, I saw GR as well tonight and I really feel for Carl. How he endured 18 years of living under suspicion. How "spot on" his descriptions of NG AND the car were. I want to hear more about the investigation into that car. They talked a little bit about it - but I want more. They had to have run a DMV report of all the Ford Grenadas and, if it was registered to PG then his RSO status would have come up too. Who was that car registered to - maybe PG's mother or the deceased other owner of the house. We know his father is still alive so that "other" owner was someone else. I'm willing to bet that the car wasn't registered in his name and that's how it was missed.

As for the two 4 year olds. They could have been boys. If their hair was long - its kinda hard to tell gender - unless they were wearing dresses.

I'm thinking that because in the vast majority of these cases the father is the one who turns out to be guilty that they probably didn't pursue it much. JMO

One more thing. Can you imagine living in a house for three years and then the cops come and dig up the backyard and find a few dead bodies? Yikes!!

THis is my first post regarding this story but I have been following it. It's absolutely sickening to the core. I hope Jaycee and her family get the help they so need. I hope they will have a lot of happy times ahead of them.

Not sure if it has been posted yet but there are some really good pictures in the news of the world paper. There is also a pixilated picture of Jaycee's daughters.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/

I haven't posted in a long time, but ever since I heard the news of Jaycee I have been glued to this. When I first saw the pictures of Garrido, I couldn't believe how he resembled John Couey, the man who kidnapped and killed Jessica Lungsford in 2005.
Does anyone else see this? Go to mahalo.com/john-couey

All criminal defendants are "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law." All criminal defendants have a US Constitutional right to a trial by a jury of their peers.

Bernie Madoff had no real trial. it was clear who did what. he admitted it.
SAME IN THIS CASE...It is clear who did what he admitted it. We do not need to put this family through anymore pain. We do not need to put the tax payers through a waist of money.
These 2 should go straight to hell which I hope their cell will be come, I am sure there will be murderers there who have not killed anyone recently and cant wait to get their hands on these two.

THis is my first post regarding this story but I have been following it. It's absolutely sickening to the core. I hope Jaycee and her family get the help they so need. I hope they will have a lot of happy times ahead of them.

Not sure if it has been posted yet but there are some really good pictures in the news of the world paper. There is also a pixilated picture of Jaycee's daughters.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/

Thanks I was just about to post that link. Here is another article by the same news organization:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/479354/PAEDO-monster-Phillip-Garrido.html

PAEDO monster Phillip Garrido held sickening orgies in the same squalid compound where he kept Jaycee Lee Dugard and her two children, the News of the World can reveal.

Note: His father and brother had mentioned he had been on drugs before. Just speculating, but I noticed in this photo he has a sore on the side of his nose which resembles the sores people on meth get.

evil_01_3008_55206a.jpg

Garrido's conviction did not involve an act against a minor, so most likely there wouldn't have been restrictions placed on him by the court or parole board regarding contact with minors.

I have often thought about if Megan's law needed to be modified to better protect and not lump so many in together. I wonder if it would be helpful to LE to be able to immediately identify "high risk" sex offenders. I know that some states assign "levels" to sex offenders and those convicted of minor offenses are not on public lists.

I agree with what you have written, but I thought the neighbor reported Garrido because she heard children in his yard and was concerned because he was a "high level" registered sex offender. The police came to his home to discuss that with him. I would like to know what were his actual restrictions.

Actually, California does use some system of leveling for sex offenders since only high level sexual offenders are required to wear the GPS tracker, and Garrido had one of those. And California is one those states that does not publicize information on all convicted sexual offenders. Garrido was not one of those.

I certainly agree that lumping all sex offenders into one management program is too board. It is too restrictive for some and not near restrictive enough for others. Wearing a GPS and having a twice a year visit from a parole officer leaves too much time and too little supervision to reoffend. If you think about it, the GPS would seem to only enable the LE to determine if an offender was in the area of a crime after it has been committed not prevent a crime. Is anyone really watching these men's movement and supervising them? I think they thought Garrido was doing OK because he stayed in one stop, wore the GPS, and his home came up clean when they visited him. It was the girls that busted him.

Here is a site that details California's Sex Offenders management program.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/sexreg.htm

Thanks I was just about to post that link. Here is another article by the same news organization:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/479354/PAEDO-monster-Phillip-Garrido.html

Note: His father and brother had mentioned he had been on drugs before. Just speculating, but I noticed in this photo he has a sore on the side of his nose which resembles the sores people on meth get.

evil_01_3008_55206a.jpg

He is one ugly SOB. I was surprised at how large he is since he looks like a little weasel. I don't doubt his mind it not only corrupted but corroded.

Wow, those are deeply disturbing articles. How do the British manage to get these stories?

If they really had men lined up in the backyard, and it was a known fact Garrido was a registered sex offender, why did no one call the police? There is no excuse for that. Not sure if I believe this part of the story.

The part about the girls at the party sounds more realistic -- extremely heartbreaking. I wonder why he started taking the girls in public? I have a theory about these creeps that when they just keep committing such horrific crimes and no one stops them, they become so empowered they think they are impervious to detection. I can see why they develop or expand their God complex.

Hi all, this is my first post on WS although I've been reading here for years and feel like I know alot of you already! I just never had the right service provider to join.

I decided to post on this case first. What has happened to this beautiful and very BRAVE young woman and her children is just beyond words. I'm still stunned. What she has lived through and endured is a testament to her strength and heart. I hope she and her girls can begin to find peace.

One more thing. Can you imagine living in a house for three years and then the cops come and dig up the backyard and find a few dead bodies? Yikes!!

The reported bloodstained carpets and walls has me very concerned.

They just said on MSNBC that the police will be giving an update later today.

Authorities reportedly have declared the neighbor's house a "crime scene."

It's my understanding he was on life parole and wore a GPS bracelet. Is this why they're looking at a bigger story?

The data would certainly help convict him of kidnapping and maybe more.

I hope the FBI is checking his computer too.

This man is the devil himself.

I thought it was interesting that Jaycee worked as Garrido's graphic designer, designing business cards.

Her mother worked as a graphic designer when Jaycee was abducted according to the People Magazine story from Nov 1991.

Many children inherit certain gifts from their parents. I wonder if this knowledge helps in searching for other stolen kids?

Ironic isn't it. Jaycee's mom worked for a printer when she was taken. Then Garrido becomes a printer? I wonder if Jaycee's knowledge of design from her mom brought any of Garrido interest in printing about?

I'm a graphic designer and know there had to be a computer involved in the designing if he was doing printing in this day and age.

Was it connected to the internet? If Jaycee was his designer did she have access to the computer and did she search for her mother? Like the other boy who was stolen and then located?

I sure hope the FBI does a thorough search on any data from the computer, internet, GPS, etc.

Put him away. I pray gets the death penalty and can hurt no one else ever again.

Just heard on HLN that PG was the caretaker of the neighbors house before they moved in. That would explain why the have expanded the search.

It's my understanding he was on life parole and wore a GPS bracelet. Is this why they're looking at a bigger story?

The data would certainly help convict him of kidnapping and maybe more.

I hope the FBI is checking his computer too.

This man is the devil himself.
He is evil and he needs to put put down along with his robot wife. The bracelet he had to wear means nothing to me at all....I had heard of a man that put his bracelet on his cat as he roamed around town without any bracelet at all. This man was such a pice of chit, he too probably did the same. :razz:

I agree with Harmony2 that the growth/sore/spot on Garrido's nose is intriguing. I don't think it looks like a meth-pock however. I posted a ways back that it looks like a melanoma to me. Melanomas are notorious for killing quickly and Garrido does not look healthy to me. I'm really wondering if he's seen the writing on the wall and knew his days were numbered. We often see criminals "playing" at getting caught. They take risks. They dabble their toe in the water. Few just walk in and confess. Is this what Garrido was doing? He's been noted as taking the girls out more and more lately. Maybe he was trying to prepare them for the freedom he knew was coming.

I feel that the Berkeley campus police are the true heroes but does anyone else shudder when they consider what could have happened had Garrido not complied with bringing the girls back twice? It's not around the corner. IMO, he was ready to give it up.

And how in the heck did the BBC get those photos of the tents and sheds? They look like forensics photos to me. Were US reporters allowed a tour or was this done secretly. That gives me concern about preserving the crime scene.

The British sites also reported that there were tissues with blood lying around. I haven't seen this reported elsewhere. I wonder if the youngest had just started menstruating. I'm assuming all the girls would have been given pregnancy tests immediately. We can hope no one is pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE