CA CA - Jeannette Kamahele, 20, Santa Rosa, 25 April 1972

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In regard to Jeanette Kamahele possibly being NamUs #UP7765, I found one thing in my online-newspaper researching. The heights are off by 5 inches: Kamahele was listed as 5'5" while NamUs has the UP at 5'0". But when I went back to the original reporting at the time when the UP was found, I found an article that said the UP was between 5'5" and 5'7". That would make the UP's height a dead-on match for Kamahele's. Clipping below is from the August 1, 1979 Statesman Journal out of Salem, Oregon.

Kamahele's Height.JPG

With clothing matching (Levi's/sandal), hair-part matching, hair-length looking right, and facial similarities it really is starting to look like that #UP7765 and Jeanette Kamehele are strong candidates for a match. There are other things that match too. I really hope this is looked at as a potential match and that they either update them as rule-outs of one another or advance the case.

Is this Lisa Smith?

Her name is Lisa Smith, not much else is known about her. She dis-appeared in 1970, but that's where the trail dies. Nothing but a newspaper article that she dis-appeared.

She might be alive today, no one knows.

Attachments

• Is this Lisa Smith..JPG
    Is this Lisa Smith..JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 21
I submitted Kamahele and Swamp Mountain Jane Doe as potential matches to the NamUs personnel associated with the cases. I just feel like I need them to be listed as rule outs in order to abandon it. Email I sent today:

"I was hoping that Jeanette Kamahele (MP8069) could be compared against the Swamp Mountain Jane Doe (#UP7765).

1. Neither is listed as a rule out of the other
  2. The January 2nd, 2018 Facial Case ID of the Jane Doe really looks like Jeanette to me
  3. The Jane Doe was found with sandals and Levi's; Jeanette was known to have these items when she went missing
  4. The Jane Doe is listed as 5'0" in NamUs but newspaper articles I researched put height estimates much higher than that at 5'5" to 5'7" and that would be a match for Jeanette
  5. The Jane Doe was found in 1976 with a date-of-death range between 1966 and 1976 that would fit when Jeanette went missing (1972)
  6. The estimated age range of the Jane Doe matches Jeanette's age
  7. Both of these cases are west coast; the Jane Doe is in Oregon while Jeanette was from California; Jeanette was last seen hitchhiking in what I believe was a northern direction in California so there is a mild corroboration with a final-resting spot in Oregon

Hello helpful Websleuths. I was doing some research on the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker murders earlier tonight and I'm at a bit of a dead end on something I want to look into. I was hoping some of you could help.

Specifically, I was wondering if you could help me with an investigative lead to look into the subject of a newspaper article involving one "Edward Lawrence Moak." The article I found on him was really small but he pleaded innocent when charged with raping a 17-year old in 1973. The article says the 17-year old was a hitchhiker. While Moak was from Camarillo, about 420 miles away, the hitchhiker was from Santa Rosa so there is a connection to the area.

I am wondering the outcome of the case and any surrounding details. Also, I could find no hits for Edward Lawrence Moak in any other articles, although I will continue to look (ie. "Ed Moak" "E.L. Moak" "E. Moak" and more). Whatever databases you have access to, please have a look at this guy.

Newspaper article: Page 19 of the May 11, 1973 edition of The Press Democrat.

Attachments

• May 11 1973 The Press Democrat Page 19.JPG
    May 11 1973 The Press Democrat Page 19.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 28
Hello helpful Websleuths. I was doing some research on the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker murders earlier tonight and I'm at a bit of a dead end on something I want to look into. I was hoping some of you could help.

Specifically, I was wondering if you could help me with an investigative lead to look into the subject of a newspaper article involving one "Edward Lawrence Moak." The article I found on him was really small but he pleaded innocent when charged with raping a 17-year old in 1973. The article says the 17-year old was a hitchhiker. While Moak was from Camarillo, about 420 miles away, the hitchhiker was from Santa Rosa so there is a connection to the area.

I am wondering the outcome of the case and any surrounding details. Also, I could find no hits for Edward Lawrence Moak in any other articles, although I will continue to look (ie. "Ed Moak" "E.L. Moak" "E. Moak" and more). Whatever databases you have access to, please have a look at this guy.

Newspaper article: Page 19 of the May 11, 1973 edition of The Press Democrat.

@UncoolNegated hey, not sure what you are looking for but Ancestry has a little personal info on him. Marriage records, divorce, the regular stuff. But are you looking more for the actual case info that you referred to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth
Back