GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh,so I see another "local" is here...makes me wonder if we know each other...haha
Hiram Johnson/Class of 1986 here
Possibility??

Ohh, Monkeymann I'm afraid not. I won't reveal my DOB but suffice it to say, it was somewhere around the year you graduated. D'oh! :blushing:

Do any of the locals know if she had a live in boyfriend? Or a boyfriend for that matter? I'm sure LE is looking into this, but that part of the story has been awfully quiet. There's either a denial or she has a boyfriend -- but I've heard nothing.

Just curious if I missed something.

Thanks,

Mel

WELCOME Traceyrita and Monkeymann!!!

I have been reading your posts and appreciate the "local" perspective.

This is an awesome forum, you will love it here! :blowkiss:

I'm at work, so I watched via the web, feed was super choppy.
*thinks she was at the park for 'an extended period of time' before murder
*thinks it was someone who knew her/close to her
*no weapons found at scene
did not catch the surveillance talk and about 95% of the conference due to the feed. dammit.

eta: surveillance purportedly from a neighbor's home near the park; shows someone "moving quickly" after what is thought to be when she was murdered.

Excerpts from Fox40 article:
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...in-case-of-dead-teen-20120315,0,1159227.story
Cops say a teen found dead near a dugout last week spent a few hours in Rosemont Park before she was killed. They also say people heard screams in the park before her death.

They believe she got to the park around 6:30 p.m., and that she spent the next few hours with someone that she knew. She was killed between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., and investigators say she was killed where her body was found the following morning near the baseball dugout.

Cops have released surveillance video from a neighbor of the park showing a suspicious man running near the park along Rosemont near Mayhew, and ducking out of sight when cars approached. This man is not being called a suspect, but cops would like to talk to him about what he may have seen.

Also, video shows that at least five people walked through Rosemont Park while Jessica was there. Cops would like to talk to these people. They were in the park between 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. on the night of March 4.

Excerpts from KCRA3 Article:

http://www.kcra.com/news/30686256/detail.html#ixzz1pDoxKCm7

And there may be witnesses who saw Jessica taking public transportation. The girl took the light rail train from her home, then got on a bus before she ended up at Rosemont Community Park, the detective said.

There's no word on whether she was with someone during her time on regional transit.

You would think there would be surveillance camera's as the public transit station to see if she was alone.

How would LE known she rode the train? Did she have a pass that logged each time she rode?

JMO

Joe Friday: Apparently LE is going off of potential witnesses re: the RT (Regional Transit) theory. Found this interesting from a fb comment a few minutes ago about the KCRA3 article:
Wow I work for Rt and talked to rancho pd day after the sorry[sic] aired. I was blown off. Rt has video on all buses but only stores them for 4 days then there erased . Hope someone on pd was on the ball .

Quote:
Cops have released surveillance video from a neighbor of the park showing a suspicious man running near the park along Rosemont near Mayhew, and ducking out of sight when cars approached. This man is not being called a suspect, but cops would like to talk to him about what he may have seen.

This is such a broad statement, as Mayhew doesnt really run along the park either

This map below shows the "Rosemont" boundries

Rosemont1.jpg

This map shows a close up of park with a red X showing the location her body was found.

ROSEMONT2.jpg

I'm at work, so I watched via the web, feed was super choppy.
*thinks she was at the park for 'an extended period of time' before murder
*thinks it was someone who knew her/close to her
*no weapons found at scene
did not catch the surveillance talk and about 95% of the conference due to the feed. dammit.

eta: surveillance purportedly from a neighbor's home near the park; shows someone "moving quickly" after what is thought to be when she was murdered.

Apparently video shows a male running, not females. Just thought it was interesting, considering some speculation that whoever killed her were females.

Do any of the locals know if she had a live in boyfriend? Or a boyfriend for that matter? I'm sure LE is looking into this, but that part of the story has been awfully quiet. There's either a denial or she has a boyfriend -- but I've heard nothing.

Just curious if I missed something.

Thanks,

Mel

I dont know her family, friends, or anybody close to her to know any fine details such as that. Just know the area like the back of my hand, and own a home also.
The area isnt that bad, its just like most area's where as if you go to the other side of the street or "tracks" in this case, things change a bit.
EVERY neighborhood has the entry level homes and then on up, and with apartment complexes, you get all kinds.

Apparently video shows a male running, not females. Just thought it was interesting, considering some speculation that whoever killed her were females.

That speculation started from her own mother, who mentioned it the first night she was found...

I dont know her family, friends, or anybody close to her to know any fine details such as that. Just know the area like the back of my hand, and own a home also.
The area isnt that bad, its just like most area's where as if you go to the other side of the street or "tracks" in this case, things change a bit.
EVERY neighborhood has the entry level homes and then on up, and with apartment complexes, you get all kinds.
Bradshaw's not a good neighborhood, at least not near 50! It has gone downhill, I can't imagine it got any better...

Surveillance vid at this link:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...ith-girls-park-killing/#.T2JjPA9HTPY.facebook

By the way, 'riff's Dept states the intersection of Rosemont & Contempo, NOT Mayhew as previously reported:
http://www.sacsheriff.com/media/0315_homicide.cfm

Whats odd about the video, is I see someone come from the left side, running TOWARDS the park, then it looks like they run up into a driveway, and then a car passes, and the person runs out to the streeet and runs from right to left AWAY from the park, right to where he came from???

So, not sure of someone running back towards the crime scene just to ditch behind a car??

Bradshaw's not a good neighborhood, at least not near 50! It has gone downhill, I can't imagine it got any better...

Well, Im thinking your a little confused :waitasec::waitasec: on your locations, because actually the area of 50 and Bradshaw is all industrial, with nothing but a drive in theater, skating rink,an RPM go cart racing place, and a Jack in the Box.

Whats odd about the video, is I see someone come from the left side, running TOWARDS the park, then it looks like they run up into a driveway, and then a car passes, and the person runs out to the streeet and runs from right to left AWAY from the park, right to where he came from???

So, not sure of someone running back towards the crime scene just to ditch behind a car??

So, I know this house where it's being filmed, because they still have their Christmas lights up hehe and I've noticed it before on a walk.
My perspective is that they are running towards Mayhew (ya know, the 4-way stop where Goethe and Rosemont meet with Mayhew) aka AWAY from the park, go up a driveway wait for car to pass then go back TOWARDS the park on Rosemont drive, ya dig? Since I am female I am not good with direction so I could be wrong, wink wink

It states they are running EAST on Rosemont Drive, then duck for cars. I think East is toward Mayhew aka away from the park

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back