Found Deceased CA - Jie Song & Yinan Wang, 31, Sequoia National Park, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
😥 That's heartbreaking for all concerned, including LE.

Missing San Diego Couple: Fresno crews begin recovery effort in Kings River

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Law enforcement personnel in Central California will attempt Thursday to recover the bodies of a San Diego couple believed to have been trapped in their car last summer when it crashed into the rushing Kings River in the Sierra Nevada.
The effort to hoist the sunken vehicle out of the waterway near Horseshoe Bend in Kings Canyon National Park will begin around daybreak, according to the Fresno County Sheriff-Coroner's Office.
Helicopter crews flew over the site, spotting the wreckage of a car submerged deep in the river. Due to heavy rapids and high water levels, however, authorities were unable to access the area and get to the wreckage.

Conditions have improved since then, according to sheriff's spokesman Tony Botti.
"Presently, the amount of water flowing through this portion of the river is down nearly 10 times from what it was in early August," Botti said this afternoon. "This has created safer conditions for (public-safety personnel) to attempt a recovery operation."
http://www.cbs8.com/story/36525633/...no-crews-begin-recovery-effort-in-kings-river

I was just thinking of them. Thanks Gardener, for updating.

I hope they can get them out, and nobody gets hurt during the effort.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-kings-river-car-recovery-20171005-story.html
The Fresno County Sheriff’s search and rescue team began a recovery operation Thursday for the bodies of a San Diego couple believed to have died in August when their car plunged down a steep canyon into the Kings River.The team is attempting to extract a car submerged in the Horseshoe Bend area of the river about 50 miles east of Fresno to determine if the bodies of Yinan Wang, 31, and his wife, Jie Song, 30, are inside, said Sheriff’s Department spokesman Tony Botti.“There’s a chance they made an escape,” Botti said, though that possibility was considered unlikely.

http://kmph.com/news/local/fresno-c...y-operation-for-two-bodies-in-the-kings-river
UPDATE: The Fresno County Sheriff's Search and Rescue team have recovered two bodies from inside a car in the Kings River. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says everything ran smoothly during the recovery operation Thursday near Horsebend Bend on Highway 180. It is now waiting for the Fresno County Coroner's Office to identify the bodies. Deputies believe the bodies are that of Yinan Wang, 31 and his wife Jie Song, 30. Investigators say the license plate on the car in the river matched that of the car the couple owned.
:rose: I'm so sorry to the families. RIP

resolution, finally, for this couple. Me too, so very sorry for the families and those who knew and loved these two. So tragic.

At last they can go back home and their families can arrange for a beautiful send off.

Great effort by the recovery teams, especially retrieving two cars from such a treacherous place.

I hope they will put something on the road to prevent this sort of thing in future. Would a wall be enough? Idk.

Thinking of new WS members hzsnow and flygoat, friends of Jie Song and Yinan Wang. They shared their memories of both with us and helped us to “know” them. I’m so sorry there wasn’t a happy ending for this lovely couple. Hugs to both. :heartbeat: And heartfelt condolences to their many friends and family, especially to their parents who lost their only children. :(

At last they can go back home and their families can arrange for a beautiful send off.

Great effort by the recovery teams, especially retrieving two cars from such a treacherous place.

I hope they will put something on the road to prevent this sort of thing in future. Would a wall be enough? Idk.
BBM

Sadly, I don’t think this exact stretch of road is known as particularly treacherous. Yet two cars drove off the edge within days of each other. It’s hard to balance safety and beautiful scenery. The main prevention IMO is making drivers aware that they need to SLOW DOWN. Not that excessive speed was necessarily a factor in these two cases, but some areas require extremely slow speed to be safe. And if the driver is distracted by scenery, all it takes to leave the road is a momentary steering mistake.

Lighted speed-sensing signs placed before bad spots are quite effective and prevalent in CA and OR (even on parts of Interstate 5). There are many on the twisting part of Highway 101 south of Crescent City through the Redwoods where you can fly off the cliff into the ocean if you miscalculate. There are low rock walls but a wall would not stop you and might send you airborne. The lighted signs show the advised speed and your car’s speed so it’s easy to know that you need to slow down before a bad curve. I’m not sure if these signs are used much in park areas, but I hope one is placed at that curve.

RIP Jie and Yinan. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back