CA CA- Joel Watson Bowles, 25-40, UCP119090, suicide on Santa Ana Freeway, used a wheelchair. Dec 1980.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cheemsg

Reaction score
ME/C Case Number1980-15770

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 25-40
Estimated Year of Death: 1980
Height: 5' 6"(66 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 165 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: December 8, 1980
NamUs Case Created: September 10, 2008

Location Found Map

County: Los Angeles County
Circumstances of Recovery: On 12/8/1980 the decedent was in a wheelchair, then rolled his chair to the freeway railing pulled himself up and over the railing landing on the S/B Santa Ana Freeway, where he was struck by numerous vehicles.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Clothing and Accessories​

Accessories: wheelchair
Near the Body

Clothing
grey/blue pants
blue/white plaid shirt
white socks

My mind went to him being a Vietnam vet with the wheel chair, but contracted feet is likely "club feet" and congenital.

It looks like his father or grandfather was named in probate in Scarsdale in 1963. Scarsdale is/was a wealthy community near White Plains, and that's not the most common name, so it's probably that family.

RIP

My mind went to him being a Vietnam vet with the wheel chair, but contracted feet is likely "club feet" and congenital.

It looks like his father or grandfather was named in probate in Scarsdale in 1963. Scarsdale is/was a wealthy community near White Plains, and that's not the most common name, so it's probably that family.

RIP
Joel Watson Boies is mentioned in full in the article, I think you may have a hit here. My impression is that the article rather mentions 3 siblings, as the DOB of the other two (C A B DiR; RWB) with the Same surname spans from1938 to 1942.
If anyone has access to ancestry may e worth exploring the lady married into DiR..

Joel Watson Boies is mentioned in full in the article, I think you may have a hit here. My impression is that the article rather mentions 3 siblings, as the DOB of the other two (C A B DiR; RWB) with the Same surname spans from1938 to 1942.
If anyone has access to ancestry may e worth exploring the lady married into DiR..
His mother Marion Evelyn Howe Boies died in 1952 (Find a grave #229377470) Then going to Ancestry found a guy with her in his tree and he was last active 2-6 days ago. BUT he has zero info on her except year of birth. Okay all the people who have the mother in their tree only have year of birth and don't even show here as every married.
Now on to the father. The father was Carleton Spooner Boies 1 August 1908 – 3 October 1965 find a grave #229377428. Weird zero people have a tree for him.
Living people: the brother and sister are still alive.
The sister CABD lives in Westerly, Rhode Island
The brother RWB lives on Costa Mesa California with his wife B.

WOW He was actually missing since 1964 (I do not have newspaers dot com and only can read ocr text. Check this out!!!

Reported Missing A 15-year-oId Hartsdale boy was reported missing from home yesterday by an aunt with whom he lived. Greenburgh police report. Mrs. Miriam Howe of SO Charlotte Place said her nephew, Joel W.Boies, left for school at 7:35 a.m., and she has not seen him since. He had left a note saying he was leaving home. He is described as being of medium complexion, having dark brown hair- and brown eyes, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds, and wore a black short-sleeved sport shirt, black pants, dark green sweater and black tie shoes. According to police, the boy also took his personal belongings in a brown overnight bag

WOW He was actually missing since 1964 (I do not have newspaers dot com and only can read ocr text. Check this out!!!

Reported Missing A 15-year-oId Hartsdale boy was reported missing from home yesterday by an aunt with whom he lived. Greenburgh police report. Mrs. Miriam Howe of SO Charlotte Place said her nephew, Joel W.Boies, left for school at 7:35 a.m., and she has not seen him since. He had left a note saying he was leaving home. He is described as being of medium complexion, having dark brown hair- and brown eyes, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds, and wore a black short-sleeved sport shirt, black pants, dark green sweater and black tie shoes. According to police, the boy also took his personal belongings in a brown overnight bag

WOW I think it may really be him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back