CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to clarify...

They can and do what? lol

I have also had my bank account (and credit card) frozen when things did not look "normal" and looked fraudulent and it required a call from me to unfreeze. This is not what happened in this case though I don't think, because I am pretty sure they would have record of that.

What I question is, that if I call my bank.... I give them my account number and ask them a question about my account, is the bank computer system going to log that employee accessing my account? I believe they would. If they didn't, I would not want my bank account in said bank lol

The way I understood the Union Bank lady is: if somebody calls to the branch and asks a question, the person may or may not enter a note of that event/question. But if a person calls the main bank call center, then in that case, a note will be made regarding the details of the call.

I don't think they said or implied the keystroke access wouldn't be available. It is HIGHLY doubtful a teller or bank employee would remember a routine call even just after a day or two.

This is exactly what i was talking about before.

If the call actually connected, we have the tower data. Where it went to VM we don't have the handshake/pings

If the network could not connect, it would have looked for the phone at the last known tower, then gone to voice.

If the phone was switched off, the phone would have logged off the tower, and the network would send straight to voice.

We don't have the tower pings to differentiate.

@Texas Red indicated that ping data is only held for a few months
What? If I said something implying that it's either being misconstrued or I was sleep typing.

The way I understood the Union Bank lady is: if somebody calls to the branch and asks a question, the person may or may not enter a note of that event/question. But if a person calls the main bank call center, then in that case, a note will be made regarding the details of the call.

I don't think they said or implied the keystroke access wouldn't be available. It is HIGHLY doubtful a teller or bank employee would remember a routine call even just after a day or two.

That's what I understood as well. But I'm not talking about notes. I don't think there were any notes on the account, based off of the fraud investigator's testimony.

I'm talking about their computer system. Employee's log into their computers with specific ID numbers, when they access accounts, that is "logged". Ultimately... I just want to know if anyone, including Joey, accessed his bank account before meeting with Chase on the 4th, the bank must have had a record of that. JMO And I guess for some, it doesn't matter LOL It does for me, just to try to put together the 'he found out about the cheque from the 2nd' thing. Still doesn't explain why he would check the Custom account on QB's and not the Contact one, if he only ever wrote cheques out of the Contact one.

Just want to clarify...

They can and do what? lol

I have also had my bank account (and credit card) frozen when things did not look "normal" and looked fraudulent and it required a call from me to unfreeze. This is not what happened in this case though I don't think, because I am pretty sure they would have record of that.

What I question is, that if I call my bank.... I give them my account number and ask them a question about my account, is the bank computer system going to log that employee accessing my account? I believe they would. If they didn't, I would not want my bank account in said bank lol

I don't know which calls they log or when they make notes
we need a verified bank insider

I think if the jury can give him life instead of the DP, it may be easier to convict. I wonder if they will know that before deliberations? Anyone know? <modsnip>
The trial phase is separate from the penalty phase. The trial phase is solely to determine guilt or innocence. The penalty is not a part of the initial deliberation at all.

If the jury finds CM guilty, there is a second phase where the jury will decide if the death penalty is appropriate or if life without parole is appropriate.

https://www.safecalifornia.org/california-death-penalty-process/

Last edited by a moderator:
The trial phase is separate from the penalty phase. The trial phase is solely to determine guilt or innocence. The penalty is not a part of the initial deliberation at all.

If the jury finds CM guilty, there is a second phase where the jury will decide if the death penalty is appropriate or if life without parole is appropriate.

https://www.safecalifornia.org/california-death-penalty-process/

Thanks for the link!!! :) This seems to be in line with what AZ does (example: Arias trial)

I have a question that maybe some of the old timers could answer for me? @Mica @Force Ten ?

Where did Merritt live after him and Jarvis broke up? Between 2010-2014? I might be able to find his address in 2013/2014 in the search warrants, so maybe just wanting 2010-2013?

ETA: I have another question for the old timers...

Has the Chase Morgan bank every been mentioned before in regards to Chase? Joey? maybe Dan? Mike? Just wondering why the defense has subpoenaed bank records... for whom to be more precise lol

I was looking last night to see where the Union Bank is in RC (just West of Chick-Fil-A currently), noticed there was a Chase bank close by, so am wondering :)

Because we traced his way down the interstate. He printed a check to himself the night of the murders and his truck was outside. We pinged him at the graves. He stole the money. Easy Peasy.
The only thing I can agree on is he possibly stole money. IMO, the other things listed have not been proven. Now, if CM’s blood was on that hammer I’d be on board. Where is Detective Fuhrman, when you need him?

Analogy:

If I go to a restaurant that advertises foie gras as their specialty, and when I order, they deliver tofu and green beans instead, am I going to go back to that restaurant if I'm hungry for foie gras?

The state promised a foie gras prosecution and delivered tofu and green beans. Why trust them then? Why keep believing that underneath the tofu there exists more?

They could claim tofu is a vegetarian form of "foie gras". :D

And Joey looked at the Custom account and he spoke to his bank. He never cried foul, he never changed his passwords or put a stop payment on any checks.
Do we know when exactly that first Chase check cleared? If the check hadn't cleared the bank, CM may have been able to convince JM that he hadn't cashed it, and was able to put him off temporarily. Something like that could explain JM not taking further action immediately, but CM would have known that he was on borrowed time and propelled him towards murder.

Here is a question - we heard that Joeys voice mail messages were deleted but how does that work when the phone didn’t ping after the 4th?

You would have to have the phone switched on to delete data.
I believe the VM’s automatically delete after 2 weeks unless the user flags them as saved.

Here is a question - we heard that Joeys voice mail messages were deleted but how does that work when the phone didn’t ping after the 4th?

You would have to have the phone switched on to delete data.

IIRC when the T-Mobile guy was there, he said it could be accessed from another phone if you knew the PIN. There was some discussion about whether or not any other T-Mobile user could access the VM as well from their own phone or something, I'm not sure that it was really made very clear.

From personal experience, I know that I could use my cell phone to access my home phone VM when I was on holiday's back in the 2000's, I had to call a specific number to do it though. Now, I'm not sure I would bother lol Most people have cell phones now and if they really needed me, they would call my cell haha

Do we know when exactly that first Chase check cleared? If the check hadn't cleared the bank, CM may have been able to convince JM that he hadn't cashed it, and was able to put him off temporarily. Something like that could explain JM not taking further action immediately, but CM would have known that he was on borrowed time and propelled him towards murder.

IIRC it was cashed by Merritt on the 2nd. I don't think we have anything that says when it showed in Joey's account or statement. JMO

I believe the VM’s automatically delete after 2 weeks unless the user flags them as saved.

I believe this might be the case as well, but am unclear if that only applies to listened to VM's. What I mean is.. if VM's have not been heard, then do they still get purged?

IIRC I am unsure of when Dugal got the records, but I think it was early on? I want to say the 17th of February, but am unsure if I am thinking of the bank lol if he got them on the 17th, 2 weeks prior would have been the 3rd.

I wish either side had asked about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme