DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On Feb 4th, 2010 the McStay Family, Joey, Summer, Gianni, and Joseph Jr vanished from their home. It looked like the family simply got up and left their home never to return.

Law Enforcement was convinced that the McStay family ran away to Mexico.

Patrick McStay, Joey's father, along with other loved ones knew there was no way Joey and his family would never flee to Mexico. There was no reason for this scenario presented by law enforcement.

Up until the remains of the family were found buried in the desert on November 11, 2013, Patrick McStay searched for his son and his family.

Family friend Chase Merritt was arrested for the McStay family murders on Nov 7th, 2014 and finally, Merritt's first-degree murder trial is underway.

The McStay forum is in our private section. However, we are making the discussion of the trial public.

Link to prior threads
#1 CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Last edited by a moderator:
STOP personalizing posts. Timeouts will be forthcoming if this manner of posting continues.

Emotions are running high and reading through the last thread the tension is palpable against anyone who presents an opposing view. Differences of opinion are to be expected and are allowed as long as the discussion remains civil and respectful. Looking at something from another angle is the foundation of this forum community. To expect members from all over the world and all walks of life to think the same is unrealistic.

If you don’t agree with a post, either scroll and roll or put the other member on ignore. Do not announce that you are placing someone on ignore- just do it.

Stick to the facts and use links to back up your assertions. If you see a problematic post, hit the alert/report button and move on.

Last edited:
Continue discussion here...

It is against TOS to sleuth the families of the victims or the defendant. Moreover, victim bashing is not allowed and will be removed. If you are missing a post check your alerts and the reason for post removal is given.

@MichaelCorleone I see Missy beat me to it, but 12 calls after the 4th. Boles totalled the number of calls including ones on the 4th, which were 27.

And I think his last call to Joey was on the 9th. So from the 5th-9th, 12 calls. I can't recall, but I thought it was around the 8th/9th that even the family said his VM was full.

IF guilty.
I hope that every day is horrible for Chase Merritt.
Every single morning, afternoon and evening is filled with awful.
I don't know much about the innards of jail, but I've heard often that prison inmates do not take kindly to child killers.
If found guilty, I hope that his life in prison is horrible.
Every single day.
I hope that every hammer strike that he did to these two and three year old innocent babies comes back as karma and makes his miserable chosen life horrendous.
If found guilty. Nobody but Chase Merritt got into this home of hardworking, loving parents with two little boys and created a night of terror and horror.

Far beyond any Hollywood writer or producer could even imagine.
Really?
What was done to this family is beyond.

IF guilty.
I hope that every day is horrible for Chase Merritt.
Every single morning, afternoon and evening is filled with awful.
I don't know much about the innards of jail, but I've heard often that prison inmates do not take kindly to child killers.
If found guilty, I hope that his life in prison is horrible.
Every single day.
I hope that every hammer strike that he did to these two and three year old innocent babies comes back as karma and makes his miserable chosen life horrendous.
If found guilty. Nobody but Chase Merritt got into this home of hardworking, loving parents with two little boys and created a night of terror and horror.

Far beyond any Hollywood writer or producer could even imagine.
Really?
What was done to this family is beyond.
But if found not guilty will you then feel empathy and pity for poor Chase?

But if found not guilty will you then feel empathy and pity for poor Chase?

I don't think he has shown that he needs pity. Even if he didn't kill this lovely family, he still trashed Summer and made snide remarks about the boys after they disappeared. He was going to write a book about this to gain either money or notoriety from. He stole from Joey, took advantage of his kindness. He also ripped off countless other people. When the remains were shown on screen at the trial, it didn't appear to rattle Chase very much. Joey was supposedly his best friend, but Chase didn't seem too upset to see his decomposed remains, nor those of his wife and children.

He deserves a fair trial, but I personally won't waste much time feeling overly sorry for him if he is found innocent of the murders.

JMO

Last edited:
IIRC - Three Crime Scenes;-
  1. McStay's home - approx. 3 miles from I-15,
  2. Burial site - just off I-15,
  3. Trooper at Border - end of I-15.
IIRC - CM lived at Rancho Cucamonga, I-15 goes through that Town.

Homeland where CM was arrested is off H'Way 215 which connects to I-15 in both directions.

Something strange about I-15 ... maybe just that the Perp knew it well!!!

Some have estimated the trial to last for 6 months. Does that estimate shorten if the prosecution rest their case this coming week?

It seems like the defense is going to put on a long case. Then we have the rebuttals, and finally the closing arguments. I think it could go 5 months, even if the state rests this week.

It seems like the defense is going to put on a long case. Then we have the rebuttals, and finally the closing arguments. I think it could go 5 months, even if the state rests this week.
Yes and then to consider deliberations, which could take weeks, or days depending on the how the jurors review and interpret the evidence and testimony.

It's hard for me to determine how the jury sees or feels so far with what has been presented so far. I finally listened to the audio for the hearing of the Jarvis/Merritt recordings. With that and her upcoming testimony, we are in for some compelling things. For me, with all they have now, I'm going with guilty, hands down. I'm saying that from an unbiased point of view.

I don't think he has shown that he needs pity. Even if he didn't kill this lovely family, he still trashed Summer and made snide remarks about the boys after they disappeared. He was going to write a book about this to gain either money or notoriety from. He stole from Joey, took advantage of his kindness. He also ripped off countless other people. When the remains were shown on screen at the trial, it didn't appear to rattle Chase very much. Joey was supposedly his best friend, but Chase didn't seem too upset to see his decomposed remains, nor those of his wife and children.

He deserves a fair trial, but I personally won't waste much time feeling overly sorry for him if he is found innocent of the murders.

JMO
I guess empathy is also a nonstarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members