CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this happened because it was an answer to you posing the question what if this had happened?

So I don't see how that theoretical situation leads you to the conclusion they met, without seeing any evidence they did.

More to the point, if they did meet after Joey called the bank twice and checked the custom account, then it makes no sense that he called Chase when he arrived in Rancho to agree where to eat, and again 10 minutes later at the time Chase says they met, while Joey's phone moved from the tower near Chase's residence to the tower near CFA but Chase's phone didn't move, and called him again as he was leaving from a 2 hour lunch, and when he got home, when Chase's phone would suddenly go dark, and not answer any calls for the next almost 4 hours.

JMO

I agree that there is no solid proof (as in video footage, eye witnesses, etc.) of where either Joey or Chase were and what they were doing that afternoon. All we know is what Patrick stated that Joey said to him early in the day on the 4th, that he was meeting Chase in RC for lunch. And to cash a check, which we also afaik have no evidence either existed or was cashed. We also have phone movements based on the towers, which I believe from testimony have been proven to be somewhat unreliable. Regardless, I think based on the phone movement we can safely assume that Joey did travel to RC that day. IMO they did meet, somewhere. Maybe for lunch, maybe for some other reason/s. Your opinion is that they did not meet up, and that's fine. Right now there is no proof that I'm aware of either way. Maybe we will learn something new when the trial continues.

BBM. I agree. Doubt he ever had meals at Chases's home.
Agree. It’s more likely that CM used the excuse of meeting Joey for dinner to CJ in am effort to explain his own time away from the family and gambling excursions. IMO
I agree that JM most likely spent most evenings at home with family. He was fortunate to have his family imcluding the older son and likely appreciative of them.

He did know that though and according to him it concerned him, which is why he contacted Joey's family. Who thought they were on a 10-day vacay and decided to just watch the movement of the dog bowls for a while. Are you as concerned about their lack of alarm?
Did Joey's family - Mikey and Susan - actually think they were on a ten day vacation? That would be strange, because Summer was planning a birthday party for little Joey on February 6. She was also going to visit her sister Tracy and her new baby the following week. To be sure, I've lost track of who thought what at any given time.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that Dugal and Fiske didn't care about his warrant, they agreed to not arrest him that day, but she did say she would be checking... can't recall exactly what deadline, etc she gave him.

As for Patrick and what he did or didn't do... someone that stuck around all these years might be better able to answer those questions, I really don't know even what Patrick did.
I believe the only reason they didn’t arrest him that day was because they wanted him free so they could seek additional evidence. MOO

You have me confused with someone else because I have never stated an opinion of the lunch time meeting. My response was to this post:
Oh yes travelbug, it just seemed pertinent to me that the same also applies to the lunch meeting being hearsay until Merritt proves it happened, not that you made a post one way or the other about your opinion on the subject.

Joey's conversation with Patrick isn't proof of whether Chase showed up.

It's not a theory of mine that Chase lured him up there. I think Joey went up there to see him.

Even if Joey told someone on his way back, 'Chase didn't show up, I'm waiting for his explanation for money that's missing out of my bank account' do you think Chase the glib-tongued conman can't explain his way out of that once Joey's not around anymore to allege theft?

'$2495 - it's money he owed me on the paul mitchell project, Joey signed it he must have forgotten he gave it to me, do you think I'd steal that amount when I could have written a cheque for $90,000 and run off with it...blah blah.

All he had to do was say yes Joey thought there was a problem but we resolved it later over the phone and he realised he'd made a mistake. 'Missing' (dead) men and their missing dead wives can't talk.

JMO

Wait when did he say this for the first time?

How would he know there was 90k available? If he took a big chunk of the money he wouldnt have gotten away with the murders for years. Who does he think he's fooling?

Imo

Did Joey's family - Mikey and Susan - actually think they were on a ten day vacation? That would be strange, because Summer was planning a birthday party for little Joey on February 6. She was also going to visit her sister Tracy and her new baby the following week. To be sure, I've lost track of who thought what at any given time.

Yes, he definately said that. It’s in the video I posted.

Wait when did he say this for the first time?

How would he know there was 90k available?

Imo
ocean it was hypothetical scenario to a hypothetical question - what would he say if Joey had told anyone that afternoon that Chase stole the money.

I actually don't know though if he had seen the contacts account page while Joey had it open. He was at the house often enough.

JMO

Well Mike’s first thought was he thought they went on a 10 day vacay. I think Susan testified to similar. It’s something they said the family did. And I’m guessing it’s part of the reason Mike didn’t report them missing until the 15th.

Apart from chase was on the phone to Joey every single day so that doesn’t make sense for Chase to think Joey went away on holiday without mentioning anything especially when they had lunch together the day before they vanished.

I have in my past been someone who would take off without a word to parents. For more than 20 years I have been a parent and there is zero possibility that none of my family or friends would not know I was away. Absolutely zero chance that if I were away, I would not respond to calls or texts. Zero!
The idea was planted to the rest of the family that they were on vacation. It’s as simple as a text stating that you’re off the grid but will be back soon.
I actually know a lady who has a silent week every month. Still, everyone knows that she does this. I kind of envy her; we all need peace yet we never totally ghost the people who care most about us. IMO

This reminded me to go and look up where they lived. Something in Chase and Cathy's jailhouse convo that I wasn't understanding was that he said something about going to the clubhouse to watch a movie and also mentioned a computer room. I also recall that he was interviewed in the clubhouse by Dugal/Fiske.

Does anyone know... did they live in the Terra Vista apartments? Is this them???

Homecoming at Terra Vista | Apartment Homes For Rent Rancho Cucamonga

Some of the amenities...
  • 15,800 square foot clubhouse, with Wi-Fi for residents in clubhouse area
  • Movie theater, library, billiard lounge, game room and business center

They actually look pretty nice... lol Was not what I was expecting:confused:

Wow. I have a lot of pages to catch up on.
Anyway, I was thinking about these high end Terra Vista apts and how CJ had to go from living there to living in a trailer in someone's yard. IIRC it was during LE's search of that trailer that CJ voluntarily gave LE the info that there was one of CM's computers at her mom's house. You never know, she might be helpful to the prosecution after all.

MOO

Apart from chase was on the phone to Joey every single day so that doesn’t make sense for Chase to think Joey went away on holiday without mentioning anything especially when they had lunch together the day before they vanished.

I don’t know. Susan and Mike both said it was common for the family to just up and go on vacay. Joey must have done this prior for Susan and Mike to suggest it. They weren’t concerned.

I don't think Chase is the one who thought they were on a vacay though. That was Mike and possibly Susan, apparently because the family had been known to spontaneously take little vacations now and then. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor