CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out why DuGal is so certain someone else was at the Chic-fil-A meeting. Have we ever heard anything about that?
I believe at the end of Mike's testimony he confirmed that he had been distressed when he went to the police station to make the missing persons report.
He testified that the first time he ever went to Joey's house was on the 13th and yet in the missing persons report it was noted by deputy Tingley that he said he had driven by the house on IIRC the 6th. When the detectives asked him later the same day, on the 15th, when he had first gone to the house he said what was in the report was not correct and it was the 13th.

I think the most likely explanation for this is that he reported that CM had gone to check on the house earlier in the week and the same applies to the meeting at Chick-fil-A - that CM had told him that he had met Joey there, and both of them went into the report as Mikey having done these things.

JMO

As I was reading Tortoise's transcription between CM & CJ, some of its bizarre.

CM never seems to shut up, and at times it's like she can't understand what in the heck she's suppose to remember that he is trying to coach her into remembering! LMBO!

It like she wants to tell him WTH are you rattling on about? Ha ha!

Jmo

This is one of the bigger red flags for me -

SF: Do you think or have you ever thought that Summer and Joseph [are dead]?

CM: I’ve tried not to think about that actually. Um Mikey and his mum keep saying you know things, things like that but you know I don’t know of anybody that would hurt Joseph, or two little kids for that matter, so

She hadn't specified a hypothetical cause of death - at that stage, or any stage actually, an accident would have been more conceivable as a hypothetical scenario than murder of babies. And then he also leaves out Summer as if there is a motive to kill her - because she's "verbal" and "a pain in the butt"?

CM never seems to shut up, and at times it's like she can't understand what in the heck she's suppose to remember that he is trying to coach her into remembering! LMBO!

Jmo

I think she probably feels that way during most conversations with him. I have a friend, with a failing memory (for medical reasons), and although I care for the person that is one thing that drives me batty. I'm not making an excuse for CM (or even implying there is a connection). However, my friend will become fixated on something he does remember and ramble on about that, ignoring anything else that is said, for 15 or 20 minutes. I do think that may be how CM communicates (for whatever reason)... When she isn't testifying she probably uses a phrase like yours many times. :D

Jmo
Is that the jailhouse recording or the telephone conversation with him about Presidents Day?

You're right he does talk too much, like an old gossip, that's why I think he'd love to take the stand but I bet they're considering tying him to his seat!

Is that the jailhouse recording or the telephone conversation with him about Presidents Day?

You're right he does talk too much, like an old gossip, that's why I think he'd love to take the stand but I bet they're considering tying him to his seat!

The jailhouse conversation.

Travelbug is right, CM is the kind to run his mouth nonstop. Which will not bode well for him in the end.

He did the same when being interviewed by LE. Way too information, rambling on, and, on, and some of it wasnt even asked. Lol

Btw, again I must say, you are such an asset Tortoise.
You do so much hardwork for all of us. I absorb much more of the details when I can read them. Thank you.

Imo

This is one of the bigger red flags for me -

SF: Do you think or have you ever thought that Summer and Joseph [are dead]?

CM: I’ve tried not to think about that actually. Um Mikey and his mum keep saying you know things, things like that but you know I don’t know of anybody that would hurt Joseph, or two little kids for that matter, so

She hadn't specified a hypothetical cause of death - at that stage, or any stage actually, an accident would have been more conceivable as a hypothetical scenario than murder of babies. And then he also leaves out Summer as if there is a motive to kill her - because she's "verbal" and "a pain in the butt"?

Well, could also be that because he didn't like SM, he didn't care about her as much as JM and the babies being dead.

I think the most likely explanation for this is that he reported that CM had gone to check on the house earlier in the week and the same applies to the meeting at Chick-fil-A - that CM had told him that he had met Joey there, and both of them went into the report as Mikey having done these things.

Do you mean DuGal mixed up things in his report?

I forsee a mistrial.
These jurors are not supposed to talk to anyone about this trial of the human monster who murdered a kind family and their two boys, then buried them in shallow graves in the dessert, not to be found for years on end.
Really?
This could be one of the most shocking things these jurors have ever been exposed to.
Yet, for months on end, every single one of them is expected to not tell a soul?
All 12 of them plus the alternates?
Not going to happen. Humans are humans.
When the defence queries each of them under oath, somebody is going to break.
I will not blame ANY of these jurors, but, I sure the heck am going to blame this moronic, over the hill, stupid judge.
My opinion.

I forsee a mistrial.
These jurors are not supposed to talk to anyone about this trial of the human monster who murdered a kind family and their two boys, then buried them in shallow graves in the dessert, not to be found for years on end.
Really?
This could be one of the most shocking things these jurors have ever been exposed to.
Yet, for months on end, every single one of them is expected to not tell a soul?
That is what I was commenting about a few days ago. How can they expect a non-sequestered jury to remain silent, not overhear any news reports or not overhear any of the courtroom discussions when they are spending only 20% of their time in court. Someone mentioned the jury is sent out to the hallway during the "judge only" discussions. But I have never encountered a soundproof hallway, not to mention a hallway where the attendees of the trial don't walk out of the courtroom and start chatting.

I forsee a mistrial.
Really?
Not going to happen. Humans are humans.
When the defence queries each of them under oath, somebody is going to break.
I will not blame ANY of these jurors, but, I sure the heck am going to blame this moronic, over the hill, stupid judge.
My opinion.
I almost think this is the best possible scenario. The entire trial has been so disjointed, with intermittent testimony, infighting, attorneys pushing the envelope, etc. I am honestly amazed no one higher up has stepped in to get this judge moving and the trial on track.
Isn’t anyone in a position to do something about it noticing how poorly this trial is progressing?

I almost think this is the best possible scenario. The entire trial has been so disjointed, with intermittent testimony, infighting, attorneys pushing the envelope, etc. I am honestly amazed no one higher up has stepped in to get this judge moving and the trial on track.
Isn’t anyone in a position to do something about it noticing how poorly this trial is progressing?
But what can a Judge do if the attorney's haven't got their act together in prep. for a DP case Trial? Should he have called a Mistrial when all the nonsense with witnesses started? I wonder why it was stated initially this trial would take months instead of weeks? Is that okay procedurally? I imagine it must be?

Just a selection of some of his utterances -

Joseph was one of my best friends

She was verbal,

Mikey and his mum called him Joey. And I know Summer always called him Giuseppe but I always knew him as Joseph.

Joseph wouldn’t have really wouldn’t have cared if I had gone in

I could actually tell you about what he weighed only because, I, the one of these articles here said his weight was 175 but he was 5’8? I would guess,

He was, he was
definitely shorter than me.

his boys were, I mean they would get up on the kitchen

No, she didn’t believe in it, she didn’t believe in any kind of corporal,

you know, but he was his brother. Um, Summer didn’t like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024