CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know either way and neither does anyone else. I do know if you were expecting to pull off the perfect murder by calling for takeout in Paris France, then quickly killing your neighbor and then telling the cops it wasn't me, I was in Paris. Well anyone should be able to figure out the rest...
You have no proof that DK wasn't in Hawaii yet you keep pushing this theory? WTF? btw, the fact that he was in Hawaii the entire time is backed up by witnesses and retail transactions .

Well, this trial is supposed to end in less than a week.
I have not been a faithful follower, due to the lack of media coverage and personal family challenges.
One of the most frustrating things about this trial for me, is the near zero observations about the jurors.
Although, I've been reading the thoughts of the testimonies you all have expressed on this site, I don't have a clue as to what the verdict will be.
Do any of you?
I hope it's guilty.
What do you guys think?

From the little we've heard, and the questions they've asked the judge (which he reads in court and answers), the jury is attentive, alert and engaged, haven't lost one yet.

Guilty

You have no proof that DK wasn't in Hawaii yet you keep pushing this theory? WTF? btw, the fact that he was in Hawaii the entire time is backed up by witnesses and retail transactions .
I don't agree.

That's not what she said in her testimony.
But he said the only person he knew out that way was his sister and perhaps he could have visited her. She said he was up there driving their brother around doing errands. Never about exactly what time of year, or what year. Merritt could have said he was there for his brother but he didn't. I find it interesting Merritt keeps relying on other people's memory instead of his own for an alibi.

He stated he didn't know why his phone would ping out there. He can't remember any event after 5 pm on the 4th. He can't remember why Cathy called him multiple times that night. He can't remember that they didn't own a tv but somehow remembers watching a movie but doesn't say with who. His daughter miraculously remembers watching a movie with him when she's 15 and events over that weekend. Yet, Chase can't seem to remember a damn thing.

How convenient.

I'll bet that Dan remembers everything of the events of that weekend, like McGyver. But he doesn't need to, he's not on trial.

Relevance is evidence.
Relevance is defined as a 'connection' to the subject matter, in some cases it may also be evidence I would imagine.
But you think they aren't reliable on a theory that cloud cover and local storms affected what tower took the pings?
In addition to that the network system in the area at that time was experiencing technical issues and was highly unreliable.

He can't remember any event after 5 pm on the 4th. He can't remember why Cathy called him multiple times that night. He can't remember that they didn't own a tv but somehow remembers watching a movie but doesn't say with who.
So he has a bad memory that's no reason to execute him.

So if it was faulty, it shouldn't have picked up his phone pings from 40 miles away, over a vast mountain range.
The towers in Rancho were faulty. Apparently, the Victorville tower was working well since it picked up a single about 35 miles away, that's pretty good but not unusual.

I feel the same way about CM's phone location.
Be that as it may with the phone location, my point is the rock solid proof the investigators have about the attempted QB's accounts deletion by Merritt. That is irrefutable evidence of his guilty behaviour, even disregarding DK in Hawaii, DK phone pings, etc. There is really no other explanation for Merritt doing that other than he knew JM wasn't going to return. Meaning he knew then when he attempted to do that JM was already deceased. Because CM would of been in all kinds of hot water if JM did return for obvious reasons. IMO

He's not on a death penalty trial for bad memory.
As you were pointing out, it didn't do him any favors. I believe if he would have had better recall he would have been able to be more exact about certain events and would have subjected himself to less scrutiny.

The towers in Rancho were faulty. Apparently, the Victorville tower was working well since it picked up a single about 35 miles away, that's pretty good but not unusual.
I might buy the validity in that if there weren't dozens (perhaps 100's) of other neighboring towers around RC.

How is it, if there were faulty towers only these pings end up connecting that tower on only that day? Not before or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot