CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family hadn't officially moved in. They were painting/remodeling the house. Not much furniture. They were essentially living out of boxes. Their focus was on getting the work done and not tidiness. Plus caring for two young boys. I can easily see stuff being pulled out of boxes, tossed around, not neatly arranged.

I think they were living out of suitcases stored in their closet for the time being. JMO This article based on the warrant doesn’t describe the master bedroom scene as ransacked or messy.

Snip

Inside the home, DuGal noticed two bowls of half-eaten popcorn on the living room couch and a carton of eggs and bag of microwave popcorn sitting on the kitchen counter. Upstairs in the master bedroom, a lamp was found lying on the floor, and several open suitcases were inside the walk-in closet with folded clothes piled inside. On the floor in the middle of the closet sat a pile of clothes, according to the search warrant affidavits.

Four McStay search warrants unsealed in San Diego – San Bernardino Sun

Thanks. I was wondering more about how "tall" the hidey hole was. I agree, I believe the 4 bodies could be shoved in there, just not sure it accommodate a box.

approximately 2'3" high, or 27" high. 6' - 6'1" diagonally, they didn't show the length/width of the compartment, just the diagonal measurement.

Day 13 Part 4, Smith's testimony.

If the license plate was caught it may show it's not CM's truck. Maybe that's why the footage could have been edited by one of those who were contacting Mitchley causing her fear. We don't know exactly what version(s) of the footage the LE got and which version was used by PT.
And the square peg morphs into an octagon.

I think they were living out of suitcases stored in their closet for the time being. JMO This article based on the warrant doesn’t describe the master bedroom scene as ransacked or messy.

Snip

Inside the home, DuGal noticed two bowls of half-eaten popcorn on the living room couch and a carton of eggs and bag of microwave popcorn sitting on the kitchen counter. Upstairs in the master bedroom, a lamp was found lying on the floor, and several open suitcases were inside the walk-in closet with folded clothes piled inside. On the floor in the middle of the closet sat a pile of clothes, according to the search warrant affidavits.

Four McStay search warrants unsealed in San Diego – San Bernardino Sun
master closet 118.png wedding dress.png2241.png

Last edited:

Those photo's were taken after Dugal wrote what @Mica posted for the search warrant to be able to take those photo's. What he wrote is what he observed on the 15th when they did the walk through. I believe he was asked about the wedding dress and he didn't recall seeing it, he said something about fur coats and women's clothing with tags on them still, and IIRC Susan was asked about the wedding dress and she said it was out of the bag and laid out or something and that she put it back in the bag and hung it up (I'm assuming on the 16th when she was there).

Feb 19/10 search warrant:
https://stephww.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/104-10.pdf

These photos make the room look pretty ransacked to me.

I don't disagree, but either Dugal is blind and didn't see it that way or it changed from the 15th when he did a walk through to the 19th when these photo's were taken. JMO

Ransacked VS. several open suitcases were inside the walk-in closet with folded clothes piled inside. On the floor in the middle of the closet sat a pile of clothes.

If the license plate was caught it may show it's not CM's truck. Maybe that's why the footage could have been edited by one of those who were contacting Mitchley causing her fear. We don't know exactly what version(s) of the footage the LE got and which version was used by PT.

BBM:
Unless one completely twists her testimony and takes it out of context there is zero proof of anyone contacting her and causing her fear.

Are you trying to make a point by quoting my comment? If so, what?

Unless one completely twists her testimony and takes it out of context there is zero proof of anyone contacting her and causing her fear.

Are you trying to make a point by quoting my comment? If so, what?

So let me post this for a second time:
29:25-30:05 of the video:

This is what the closet “morphed” into AFTER the crime scene was contaminated and compromised by those who entered the home and rummaged through it. After Dugal entered and prior to the search warrant being secured on the 19th. Dugal described what he saw in the warrant as posted in the article of my previous post.
How can the crime scene be contaminated and compromised if it isn't yet deemed a crime scene?

This is what the closet “morphed” into AFTER the crime scene was contaminated and compromised by those who entered the home and rummaged through it. After Dugal entered and prior to the search warrant being secured on the 19th. Dugal described what he saw in the warrant as posted in the article of my previous post.
Actually it was in that condition when Tingley went in there on the 15th before DuGal saw it. See his photo attached.

Is there anything in evidence to back up your assertion that Mike rummaged through the clothing in the closet on the 13th?

Tingley closet.png

Actually it was in that condition when Tingley went in there on the 15th before DuGal saw it. See his photo attached.

Is there anything in evidence to back up your assertion that Mike rummaged through the clothing in the closet on the 13th?

View attachment 184364
Agreed. Mike couldnt have torn it up to that degree and why would he? The family had lived there for a couple of weeks. Tim walked through with MM and found it disconcerting. Someone had plenty of time to rummage.

If Summer was such a slob why would it just be clothing tossed asunder? Typical negligence would include discarded household stuff like towels kids sippy cups etc. I'll bet the clothes were somewhat organized prior to Merritt's intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member