CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the defense could have found any mental defect they would have ran with it. Admitting he is a gambling addict will not help him in the least imo.

We have seen other trials where the defense tried to use addiction as an excuse for murder. They go over like a lead ballon because the judicial standard to be sane and competent to stand trual is did the defendant know right from wrong at the time they committed the murders, and can assist their attorneys during all phases of the murder case.

Its proof positive he did know it was wrong. He just didn't care.

That is a given, and why he went to such extensive measures to cover up these murders and trying to fool others by discarding the Trooper at the border.

If convicted, I imagine the DT will call a mental health expert to talk about his gambling addiction hoping it will mitigate his sentence.

If convicted, I believe at the end of the trial the jury will have such disdain for the defendant that they will have no sympathy for any excuses the DT may offer.

Jmo
And, perhaps his memory loss? A recurring theme.

Is your theory that Chase told San Diego investigators in 2010 that he met with Joey because Chase is so brilliant in forensics that he knew his DNA would be found on the Trooper steering wheel, and that it would be left only on certain items, and that if he was arrested his defense would suggest transfer DNA as a counter-theory---that Chase knew all that ahead of time?

If Chase had such a deep understanding of forensics, why didn't he just wipe the places he touched with bleach and be done with it? Or wear surgical gloves.
The DNA found on the steering wheel is almost certainly transfer DNA rather than being directly deposited. Chase hesitated before answering the question about having driven it. He is not stupid. If he did drive the Trooper, he knew he was wearing protection and felt safe to answer that way, otherwise he would have simply answered that he had driven it at some point in the past. This indicates it was transfer DNA. It probably shocked him when it was found.

Well I'm not on social media, if I was I'd ask them. Maybe if enough members here contacted them they might.
https://wildabouttrial.com/contact-us/

I just sent a message. I encourage others to do so. I have followed other trials there and they have always had decent coverage. I had actually wondered if wild and L&C were the same, but I don't think so.

Just scrolled through Law and Crime chat. The L&C rep posting there says they are pulling out of McStay & going to Florida for the next week or two for the Raja trial. L&C can cover three trials at a time. L&C claims they will return to McStay trial after the FL trial.

Just scrolled through Law and Crime chat. The L&C rep posting there says they are pulling out of McStay & going to Florida for the next week or two for the Raja trial. L&C can cover three trials at a time. L&C claims they will return to McStay trial after the FL trial.

Thanks Chelly. And since this trial is so long and dragged out how many more times will they pack it in to cover another trial? Very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme