CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! just seen a tweet by Cathy Russon on their other trial - must have been my evil thoughts!

#Dooley - The judge has yanked live streaming for today. He didn't go into detail except to say counsel is having issues outside of courtroom and live streaming. We don't know if we'll be able to continue tomorrow. We'll send updates as soon as we know.
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

Well maybe they can send that camera over to the McStay trial. :oops:

It's really hard to know for sure what this particular defendant will decide to do.

Will both of his lawyers strongly advise against it, and make sure they get it in the court record, they have strongly advised him against testifying? No doubt about it. Yes. Yes. Yes. But will he heed their advice?

I would say no way if he was like most murder defendants, but he isn't like most imo.

I think it may depend on how he thinks the case is going once the state has ended its CIC.

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked though if CM does testify.

As far as it being too risky. Nothing can be riskier than murdering 4 people in cold blood, and burying them all in a desert.

He has been a career conman most of his adult life. Over, and over he has taken risks in order to deceive others to get what he wanted.

Even his gambling addiction shows he is prone to be a high risk taker.

PS. I am still really hoping he does testify!!!!
Just last week or so I said he may testify because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Now, not so much. This would be the biggest gamble of his life. Now, I know I may get slammed for this but, deep down inside , I think he is a coward. He operates on having the upper hand, the advantage. He can't control the situation he's in now. The jig is up. He must be dying inside listening to these witnesses. If only I had done this or not done this and who knew? He knows what he did. Despite being bolstered by his defense team he doesn't really know where it's going. I do think he murdered this family but it's too early to tell if they can prove it. JMO.

Suprised the Judge has let this sham continue..

There is nothing on Merrit. If he did it, they did an awful job of trying to convict him of it and without evidence the truth doesn't matter it's only what's proven and they haven't proven anything close to a quadruple homicide. Why has the defense not asked for a dismissal?

Good question! Why do you think they haven’t asked for a dismissal?

L&C has done us dirty. Waiting for their stream to return is brutal, IMO. One sad clown here. I can't even find a single tweet today about the trial.
We are at their mercy. Ain't nobody else stepping up.Never knew about this Dan Abram's site until this trial. Seems so Mickey Mouse in this day and age, doesn't it?

Suprised the Judge has let this sham continue..

There is nothing on Merrit. If he did it, they did an awful job of trying to convict him of it and without evidence the truth doesn't matter it's only what's proven and they haven't proven anything close to a quadruple homicide. Why has the defense not asked for a dismissal?

Because there's no grounds for a dismissal.

Because there's no grounds for a dismissal.

At the end of the state's case, like always, the defense will stand up asking the judge to dismiss or for an automatic acquittal of the case. SOP.

The defense isn't going to like the judge's answer either. LOL! They never do.

So on with the trial we will go all the way to the end when the jury will render it's verdict!

Imo

I remember this. How awful. I remember back in the day that people opined that MM did his brother in. Obviously the investigation led elsewhere.

If it's not family then it seems it will be someone who pretended to be a very close friend. Often the victims were known to give the murderer work or helped them out financially in some way.

Tragically, many victims have been murdered, due to having a trusting, giving heart, and they all wound up trusting the wrong ones.

Imo

I remember this. How awful. I remember back in the day that people opined that MM did his brother in. Obviously the investigation led elsewhere.

When I read the headline, I thought I was going to read about CM, lol. People do kill families over greed. I can't even imagine how one could kill their own flesh and blood either? I'll never understand that.

L&C has done us dirty. Waiting for their stream to return is brutal, IMO. One sad clown here. I can't even find a single tweet today about the trial.
I can't believe there is no one tweeting from the court room, not one reporter there? Cathy is obviously getting some updates, from who? It's disappointing to those of us that like to actually look at the evidence. Hate taking anyone's word for it. At least if we had a few different people tweeting, we might be able to get some perspective on what is being said! I'm with you Edmo, super annoyed!

I can't believe there is no one tweeting from the court room, not one reporter there? Cathy is obviously getting some updates, from who? It's disappointing to those of us that like to actually look at the evidence. Hate taking anyone's word for it. At least if we had a few different people tweeting, we might be able to get some perspective on what is being said! I'm with you Edmo, super annoyed!

Don't you think there would at least be a local crime reporter or someone from a local newspaper/media outlet that would cover the case and tweet. I don't really understand, because it's not an average everyday occurrence to have someone on trial for four murders.

Where did I say you weren't allowed to have an opinion? It's just my opinion that to say his gambling has NOTHING to do with the murder is ridiculous. I'm a poster on websleuths, so I won't sit here and pretend I know better than a state's attorney.

Isn't it great that on Websleuths we can all have our own opinions :) You don't have to like mine or agree with it... and I don't have to like yours and agree with it!

Don't you think there would at least be a local crime reporter or someone from a local newspaper/media outlet that would cover the case and tweet. I don't really understand, because it's not an average everyday occurrence to have someone on trial for four murders.

I think that they took for granted that L&C was there. All these reports/articles written, I bet they watched the youtube video's and wrote about it afterwards, which is one of the reasons why I have stopped reading them LOL

Part of "reporting" these trials is to convey not only the testimony but what is going on in the courtroom, who is there, who isn't there, how the defendant is reacting, how the jury is reacting, etc. This is the first trial that I have followed that this is completely absent!!!!! It is a crazy feeling, and almost wish I hadn't got sucked in 7 weeks ago LOL We didn't know until the first day if it was going to be streamed or not. I was even willing to follow it by twitter... but to give us 7 weeks and then pull out for a week or 2 and say "you aren't missing much', big PFFFFT to L&C. Not missing much if you haven't been watching it in the first 7 weeks I guess. I can't wait for CourtTV to come back :) LOL Although, I doubt they would have streamed it for the full 6 months on tv, maybe they would have streamed it online?

I am Canadian, all our bigger trials are tweeted, if you can get a few different reporters in there tweeting about it, you don't miss much and it feels like you are there! Take the Berreth case for example, last week the preliminary hearing was "tweeted", I don't feel like I missed a thing.

When I read the headline, I thought I was going to read about CM, lol. People do kill families over greed. I can't even imagine how one could kill their own flesh and blood either? I'll never understand that.
Plus didn't it say he had one of his young nieces blood on his body? Money can make life so much easier but it can also be the root of all evil. Where are we headed in this world? I know, rather cliched, but can't help but wonder.

I can't believe there is no one tweeting from the court room, not one reporter there? Cathy is obviously getting some updates, from who? for it. At least if we had a few different people tweeting, we might be It's disappointing to those of us that like to actually look at the evidence. Hate taking anyone's word able to get some perspective on what is being said! I'm with you Edmo, super annoyed!
BBM
I think all of us like to look at the evidence. I will admit that you have a deeper level of assessment than I. But I do rely on your posts to schuss it out. Is schuss the right word?

I think that they took for granted that L&C was there. All these reports/articles written, I bet they watched the youtube video's and wrote about it afterwards, which is one of the reasons why I have stopped reading them LOL

Part of "reporting" these trials is to convey not only the testimony but what is going on in the courtroom, who is there, who isn't there, how the defendant is reacting, how the jury is reacting, etc. This is the first trial that I have followed that this is completely absent!!!!! It is a crazy feeling, and almost wish I hadn't got sucked in 7 weeks ago LOL We didn't know until the first day if it was going to be streamed or not. I was even willing to follow it by twitter... but to give us 7 weeks and then pull out for a week or 2 and say "you aren't missing much', big PFFFFT to L&C. Not missing much if you haven't been watching it in the first 7 weeks I guess. I can't wait for CourtTV to come back :) LOL Although, I doubt they would have streamed it for the full 6 months on tv, maybe they would have streamed it online?

I am Canadian, all our bigger trials are tweeted, if you can get a few different reporters in there tweeting about it, you don't miss much and it feels like you are there! Take the Berreth case for example, last week the preliminary hearing was "tweeted", I don't feel like I missed a thing.

When I saw Cathy's tweet about "we're just going to be gone for a week, you aren't going to miss anything"(paraphrasing), I kind of wanted to fight her.

BBM
I think all of us like to look at the evidence. I will admit that you have a deeper level of assessment than I. But I do rely on your posts to schuss it out. Is schuss the right word?

I didn't mean it like that, sorry :( I know everyone here wants to watch, everyone wants justice for the McStay's. I was enjoying ( I don't know if that's the right way to say it lol) going through the evidence... seeing what they have and seeing what they don't have. Now there are going to be certain things that I don't know if we will know what the prosecution is saying happened.... like these cell pings... we may be able to get a better idea when they cross the defense experts, but will never know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487