Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's you.
From Chase's known pattern of behavior, what is his memory, in general, like?

We may not really know enough at this time to determine this with any accuracy, but the fact that in one interview he forgets a number of things, most of us would recall very easily, could indicate that something was interfering with his memory.

Forgetting your own home address when you are home, is odd. And he forgets other information that, in the forgetting of it, would not help deflect his guilt, if he is guilty.
BBM. We are way past assessing that. He is on trial for murder. I doubt that the jury cares about that. MOO

Mr. Weitzman was consulted for his expertise in forensic accounting, correct? Mr. Weitzman is the one who created the graphs and charts, correct? Therefore Mr. Weitzman at minimum should state in writing where he received the information of which he used to create his charts and graphs, and any conclusions he derived from them if any. That's usually what experts do.

Well it's pretty obvious he got the information from CM's bank account.

Merritt has quite a few defenders. Must have a lot of charisma.
When "weighting" the evidence presented, it might appear as if dismissal of that evidence defends Merritt, when in reality, it is simply throwing out things that really don't even contribute to the circumstantial case, such as the overdrafts on his account. He had a history of over-drafting his account which points to nothing more than his inability to handle money over a long time period. It cannot be construed as circumstantial evidence for murder, imo.

I think the above is a premature assumption. The fraud investigator said the individual bank teller would FORWARD notes to her if fraud was suspected/discovered. I don't think Joey was there yet.

The check was probably not even on his radar yet as cashed. Or if so, it had just happened, as he was going to lunch with Chase. I doubt he would have known yet, much less reported it as such, at that early date.

He may have been suspicious, and he may have confronted Chase at lunch. But I don't think he reported it to the bank yet, before he went missing.

They left a big gaping hole in that testimony IMO I went and listened, a few times last night. If Joey had called the call centre.. it would 100% be noted. If he called an individual branch, a call wouldn't be noted, however if that employee accessed a bank system it would be noted.

The fraud investigator said there were no notes on the account, she put a note on the account that if anyone tried to do anything they were to immediately contact her <<< THIS was after they went missing, after she got the alert, after she reviewed the account, after she spoke to Dugal. She was not alerted to the McStays account prior to Feb 19th.

I think you make a good point. Technically speaking though, this should come down to one thing: Has the prosecution PROVEN that Chase is guilty of these murders beyond a reasonable doubt?

And the jury is going to be viewing this trial through a very different lens than we are. They shouldn't have gone into this with much previous knowledge of this case, if any.

There shouldn't be a bias one way or the other for the jury.
Not there yet. Getting there but not yet.JMO

@MsFacetious I hope you find some time in the next few days to check in :) Curious how your own trial is going and if you are able to keep up here and what your thoughts are!!!!

I'm still trying to play catch up but it may not happen so I stopped to respond to you. Worked 4am-1pm today on motions and orders and organizing. Then sent the other chick to the hearing so I could get home to my kids! Our trial is supposed to be in 5 weeks providing the prosecution doesn't delay it again.

The prosecution better be sure that no one on that jury has ever had financial difficulties, or someone close to them that has a gambling issue and has not killed anyone.

JMO

Hi there Missy. I was wondering where you were this morning. Nice to see you are back.

I really do hope one of the jurors at least has had a gambling addict in their family. They will know from experience how determential it truly is.

Its as bad as having a drug addict in their families who doesnt care about anythimg or anyone, but getting their next fix to feed their addiction.

Dr Phil constantly has shows about gambling addicts, and drug addicts, and how toxic the addiction is to their family members and everyone who has to deal with them..

I'm sure some on the jury has had financial difficulties themselves or knows someone who has. I highly doubt any of them thought gambling their money away was the answer to resolving any of their financial difficulties though.

Imo

And that's you.

From Chase's known pattern of behavior, what is his memory, in general, like?

We may not really know enough at this time to determine this with any accuracy, but the fact that in one interview he forgets a number of things, most of us would recall very easily, could indicate that something was interfering with his memory.

Forgetting your own home address when you are home, is odd. And he forgets other information that, in the forgetting of it, would not help deflect his guilt, if he is guilty.

I have a great memory!!!! Last week when my son was in a car accident and a Fire Chief asked me his birthdate ... I drew a blank lol Stress can do that! I do fully agree that meds can to, will say JMO but try living with someone with a chronic illness that is on various meds.

BBM Then you have not been watching the testimony. I saw bank records yesterday that showed him elsewhere, and I have watched testimony that showed cell phone pings that showed him elsewhere.
I probably wasn't clear in explaining what I meant. What I meant was that while he certainly was all over the place, he doesn't have any kind of solid alibi that shows for example a full day's activities from the 4th through the 8th - for example a hypothetical alibi could sound like this: I went to Upland to purchase materials as verified by my cell phone pings and this check made out to vendor X who will testify they saw me that day and sold me the goods, then I took them back to metro sheet metal as evidenced by my cell phone pings as being in that area for the rest of the day, then I went back home and took my family to dinner as evidenced by my bank account showing a transaction at restaurant X and cell phone pings, then I went home with my wife as verified by our cell phones pinging the same towers near our house for the rest of the evening. Instead what we have are huge gaps of time where his phone was inactive, frantic calls back and forth to his wife, and relatively few transactions on those days other than what looks like gas purchases and ATM withdrawals.

You would think that if one was absolutely innocent and needed to recall their activities from 4 years ago based on only cell phone ping data and banking activity,, they would be able to establish a more solid alibi showing that they could not have been at the home the day they went missing, or could not have been at the gravesite 2 days later, or could not have been at the border 4 days later because it doesn't coincide with their records. Maybe not all three, but you would think at least one of those 3 days you would have enough evidence from your bank or cell records to establish enough of an alibi that could disprove that it was you.

So far I've yet to see any evidence like this - but we shall see.

ohhh I can't wait to rewatch some of this. What did he say the misconduct was? Talking to the FA?

Whatever it was the judge agreed with the state it should not have been said in front of the jury, but Maline knew that before falsely accusing them in front of the jury. What a vile underhanded sneaky snake this man is.

He knew he was having a very bad day today so he has to resort to bully tactics.

But what can we expect from a defense attorney who constantly breaks the rules.

If it was misconduct the judge would have ruled it so, but of course it wasn't, and he didn't. Just another sneaky unethical attack by an attorney who doesnt care and has no intentions of ever playing by the rules.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member