CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this Ripley Ave. home have anything to do with his infomercial lawsuit? Bought for back taxes and flipped by himself or a "client"??
I'll check into that more thoroughly. I don't think so--I think all the property he owned has been catalogued and this didn't look familiar to his wife--but I'll confirm with the family. Thanks!

I'm almost certain they're different towns. 95%, but not 100% sure

Point Richmond is actually a neighborhood in Richmond. So the address would come up as Richmond. Ripley Ave is apparently just outside the border of Point Richmond in the Iron Triangle neighborhood, which is high crime.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Richmond/sold/3101415-712-Ripley-Ave-Richmond-CA-94801

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Triangle,_Richmond,_California

It's hard to imagine why John would search for this address.

Joy, I am assuming that the only info you have on the Battle Creek NV search was that he searched on that term? No indication as to whether he clicked through to any of the search results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all!
Thank you for asking good questions and sharing your smart thoughts--I'll take these to the family and respond here with what I learn.

But first I wanted to share a possible sighting--it's promising because it is very recent and because the witness mentioned his clothing specifically. John's daughter Laura and her husband is heading there now. Sharing the information here. We'd appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts!

Here's the first post:
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I am 80% sure I just saw him in Sebastopol. I called the police dept. It was dark, but I saw a tall man, similar shirt, the same hat, and dark pants walking on Bodega Avenue towards Ragle Rd

and then the inbox conversation. Black text is the witness. Dark blue text is Laura. Teal text is Joy:

I just wrote something about seeing him. Called the Sebastopol Police Dept. and the Alameda Police Dept. I saw the man from the back when I looked behind me, and it was exactly like the man from the lands end picture, down to the off-white brimmed hat.

He was on Bodega Avenue, walking West, bw Pleasant Hill and Ragle Rd

When I turned around I couldn't see him. It becomes dark on Bodega, and the sidewalk ends

hi! when was this? thank you so much for reporting

I drove up and down Pleasant Hill and couldn't find him - but god, it looked exactly like him. Older man, same outfit, same hat, shuffling

25 minutes ago

Maybe 35

and when did you call the police?
10 minutes ago

15 maybe

As soon as I got home

There is a little mall there with 7-11 so he could have gone there, I'm not sure

I'm so sorry I didn't stop the first time. So sorry.

Is there any information you want from me?

It was just the 'same figure' as in the Lands End photo. Does that make sense? I saw him and looked back and thought 'holy ****, I have seen that man before'

And the clothes matched, so….
do you think i could have your cell phone number? I think we are going to head over and look for him since you are so sure. this is the first excellent lead we've gotten

PHONE NUMBER REDACTED

I so hope Im not leading you astray.

im laura and my phone number is REDACTED. if you know anyone else in the area who might be able to look for him out there and could find him and stay with him until we are there, i would be forever grateful. coming from alameda, calif. and on our way right now.

i feel like there's a real possibility and it's worth trying

thank you so very much

I can go out again with my car and phone?

The cops are supposedly out looking

if you have the time, that would be amazing! we are literally getting in a car right now.

I'll go out again, sure

I'll have my phone with me

ok please text or call if you see anything. we are on our way. thank you again so so so much

Of course. I'm going out now

thank you! Laura and her husband are headed your way. This is her friend Joy now--I'm monitoring the page now and can communicate anything to her via text. thank you!!

UPDATED TO ADD THIS FROM WITNESS:
Sure. I'm driving around right now. This is a rural area so there aren't lots of streets. There is also a park where there are lots of places someone could hide and sleep. I talked to the Alameda police department and told them all of this.they mentioned maybe doing a flyover.

Don't think the Ripley addy is currently for sale. According to blockshopper, it was transferred as part of an estate in 2010. Checking further, the deceased person was 90 when they died in 2007 and in 2010 it was transferred to the executress of the estate who is female and approx 78 y.o.

http://sf.blockshopper.com/property/534311001/712_ripley

Interesting given the ages, so am wondering if perhaps old acquaintances of John's ??

ETA: Hmm, weird because there is online obit for a person with same first and last name as executress who died in 2009 so don't know how they could have been executor transferring property in 2010.

Sorry for all the edits to the last post--the copied text looked different/didn't contain names before I posted it--the facebook formatting transferred to the draft mode but not the published version.

FWIW, John did not walk with a shuffle, but a stroke or other medical issue would help explain his disappearance, at least in part. We are guardedly optimistic.

Hi all!
Thank you for asking good questions and sharing your smart thoughts--I'll take these to the family and respond here with what I learn.

But first I wanted to share a possible sighting--it's promising because it is very recent and because the witness mentioned his clothing specifically. John's daughter Laura and her husband is heading there now. Sharing the information here. We'd appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts!

Here's the first post:
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I am 80% sure I just saw him in Sebastopol. I called the police dept. It was dark, but I saw a tall man, similar shirt, the same hat, and dark pants walking on Bodega Avenue towards Ragle Rd

and then the inbox conversation. Black text is the witness. Dark blue text is Laura. Teal text is Joy:

I just wrote something about seeing him. Called the Sebastopol Police Dept. and the Alameda Police Dept. I saw the man from the back when I looked behind me, and it was exactly like the man from the lands end picture, down to the off-white brimmed hat.

He was on Bodega Avenue, walking West, bw Pleasant Hill and Ragle Rd

When I turned around I couldn't see him. It becomes dark on Bodega, and the sidewalk ends

hi! when was this? thank you so much for reporting

I drove up and down Pleasant Hill and couldn't find him - but god, it looked exactly like him. Older man, same outfit, same hat, shuffling

25 minutes ago

Maybe 35

and when did you call the police?
10 minutes ago

15 maybe

As soon as I got home

There is a little mall there with 7-11 so he could have gone there, I'm not sure

I'm so sorry I didn't stop the first time. So sorry.

Is there any information you want from me?

It was just the 'same figure' as in the Lands End photo. Does that make sense? I saw him and looked back and thought 'holy ****, I have seen that man before'

And the clothes matched, so….
do you think i could have your cell phone number? I think we are going to head over and look for him since you are so sure. this is the first excellent lead we've gotten

PHONE NUMBER REDACTED

I so hope Im not leading you astray.

im laura and my phone number is REDACTED. if you know anyone else in the area who might be able to look for him out there and could find him and stay with him until we are there, i would be forever grateful. coming from alameda, calif. and on our way right now.

i feel like there's a real possibility and it's worth trying

thank you so very much

I can go out again with my car and phone?

The cops are supposedly out looking

if you have the time, that would be amazing! we are literally getting in a car right now.

I'll go out again, sure

I'll have my phone with me

ok please text or call if you see anything. we are on our way. thank you again so so so much

Of course. I'm going out now

thank you! Laura and her husband are headed your way. This is her friend Joy now--I'm monitoring the page now and can communicate anything to her via text. thank you!!

UPDATED TO ADD THIS FROM WITNESS:
Sure. I'm driving around right now. This is a rural area so there aren't lots of streets. There is also a park where there are lots of places someone could hide and sleep. I talked to the Alameda police department and told them all of this.they mentioned maybe doing a flyover.

I was just coming here to ask if you'd seen this Joy. Here's hoping! Does Sepastopol mean anything to John? Your hard work for John is paying off, even if this isn't John this time.

Sorry for all the edits to the last post--the copied text looked different/didn't contain names before I posted it--the facebook formatting transferred to the draft mode but not the published version.

FWIW, John did not walk with a shuffle, but a stroke or other medical issue would help explain his disappearance, at least in part. We are guardedly optimistic.
Fingers crossed John is home tonight!

That's interesting speculation about the possibility of a stroke. My grandmother had a minor stroke in her early 70's--and one of the 'side effects' was that she kept getting away from my uncle and running off. She'd wake up at sunrise and just walk away from home and he'd drive around all morning looking for her. She had no particular place to go---she'd just wander around the shops and the side streets, apparently. The problem was that she could never remember how to return home or what anyones phone numbers were.

Got on this thread a little while ago, saw there were 4 new pages, thinking YES!, something good is happening. Seems to be a promising lead. All the hard work is paying off.

Praying this is the day JB is brought home to his family and friends.

G-B all involved.

:praying:
guardedly optimistic is certainly one way to put it!
:grouphug: JoyM!!!!
:heartluv:
:please: let John be home before sunrise! :please:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you all do, I so hope this is John and he can be found in the darkness. My stomach is during somersaults!

Please let John be found tonight.

Here is the FB post and plea for help.

https://www.facebook.com/findjohnbeck/?target_post=586090234890364&ref=story_permalink

Here are map screenshots of Sebastopol in relationship to the Bay Area and the area of Sebastopol where we hope John was seen. PLEASE!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 232

The shuffle could also be tiredness or a blister, with or without a stroke. But yes, a mild stroke or even a urinary tract infection could cause mental issues leading to his disappearance. Thank goodness for his internet searches that morning, whatever brought them on. Without those, there would have been no Instagram find. Without that, no widely distributed photo for this woman to have seen. What a gem she is for not second-guessing herself, but for calling LE. I'm rambling from nerves. I will stop! And pray for John.

JoyM

With this possible sighting tonight and everyone wondering how he made it to Sebastopol. Is John the type of individual who would ask for a ride? My reason is, would he go to the GG gift shop at the south side of the GG and ask anyone who was traveling north for a ride? Therefore, has the footage around the GG Shop been checked?

As well, if John was a reader of books or magazines, has the family gone through those that are in the house to see if he put any papers, notes or left clues in between the pages. (I probably watch to many crime shows)

Did John also make any unusual calls in the past few months to old friends, old co-workers, etc ... ?

PS ... You are amazing. I hope tonight John is safe.

Joy, I am assuming that the only info you have on the Battle Creek NV search was that he searched on that term? No indication as to whether he clicked through to any of the search results?
Just asked about this. We know that keywords he searched for were "location" "battle creek" and "Nevada". We don't know whether he clicked through to any results--we can't tell from the cache.

Hi all!

thanks for the good thoughts tonight! Lots of good questions here. I need to ask the family about most of them, so I'll respond tomorrow.

I just wanted to post an update: John was not found tonight, sadly. But the search is back on in Sebastopol starting tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Hopefully, tomorrow's search will bring good news!

Thanks to everyone here for your minds and your ideas. We have a mighty brain trust assembled on this thread, and we are so grateful to every last one of you.

All best,
Joy

Hi all!

thanks for the good thoughts tonight! Lots of good questions here. I need to ask the family about most of them, so I'll respond tomorrow.

I just wanted to post an update: John was not found tonight, sadly. But the search is back on in Sebastopol starting tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Hopefully, tomorrow's search will bring good news!

Thanks to everyone here for your minds and your ideas. We have a mighty brain trust assembled on this thread, and we are so grateful to every last one of you.

All best,
Joy

Thank YOU, Joy! I'm so sorry he wasn't found tonight. The searchers meet at 500 Ragle Rd, Sebastopol at 8:00 a.m. If people need to arrive later they can email findjohnbeck@gmail.com or message the FB page. Good night and sleep well. May tomorrow be the day!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....256057521588.142538.700421588&type=3&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5