Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmmm, have any of you been following the case about the firefighter who went missing from NY and showed up a week later in California? Still dressed in ski gear, including his ski boots and helmet.. talk about a head scratcher. What's the deal with these guys going missing, then found not knowing what happened to them? Been a few if these lately.

--->https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13935952

A Toronto firefighter who mysteriously went missing while on a ski trip to upstate New York has been found "alive and in good health" in California, New York State Police say:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/missing-firefighter-found-1.4533867

IMHO, it usually involves a woman. And one they aren't supposed to be with.

Are there any MSM links to verify, now that he's been found, that Joshua disappeared due to drugs, a secret relationship, or other reasons warranting an apology? Or that his mother didn't travel because she knew it was related to drugs?

If not, does Websleuths as a victim-friendly site still apply? Or is that waived because it's okay to mock him for his shoe material? Would it be okay to mock him if he had died? Hmmmmm ...

Asking because, unfortunately, the Report button has disappeared yet again on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are there any MSM links to verify, now that he's been found, that Joshua disappeared due to drugs, a secret relationship, or other reasons warranting an apology? Or that his mother didn't travel because she knew it was related to drugs?

If not, does Websleuths as a victim-friendly site still apply? Or is that waived because it's okay to mock him for his shoe material? Would it be okay to mock him if he had died? Hmmmmm ...

Asking because, unfortunately, the Report button has disappeared yet again on Tapatalk.

I feel the same way. I don't get why all the joking is necessary. Whatever happened to him, this was probably the worst week of his life and the lives of his loved ones. I get that people want to have some fun but there are better places for that.

In fact, if this incident was a result of addiction or mental illness (or a host of other reasons) the journey is far from over for him and his family.

If anything, his story brings to light (at least to this forum) some innovation in alternative materials for footwear that are animal friendly -- what a wonderful thing!

Are you using the Tapatalk app? Hold down on the posting and click more - there is report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was already explained a few pages back, but.... nobody is mocking him. We are all happy he is safe. We are just speculating about what happened and having fun with vegan footwear.

This seriously gave me a good laugh! The radio silence on this has saddened me..which of course adds to our speculation!

Thank you. I 100% agree.

This was already explained a few pages back, but.... nobody is mocking him. We are all happy he is safe. We are just speculating about what happened and having fun with vegan footwear.
And repeating the question was warranted.

Are you using the Tapatalk app? Hold down on the posting and click more - there is report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I know how to report a post on Tapatalk, but the option is not currently appearing for me under "More." It has happened in the past and will hopefully be fixed when they push out the next update. That seems to take care of the issue.

mod note: Websleuths is a victim friendly environment. Posts have been removed and you know why. Please stick to the facts of the case and stop with the wild speculation, mocking and jokes at the victim's expense.

https://m.facebook.com/joshuarthiede?ref=content_filter

Such a handsome guy, hope he's doing well.
cac9ca69ddd2f3d33cceb8895f4d60c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

His Mom posted on.fb that he was highly traumatized..

This, and the fact he didn’t know where he was for a week, makes me think foul play is involved. I know I’m in the minority for thinking so but some things don’t add up for it to be straight drug binge or a week partying/getting away from it all. I think someone threatened him/kept him locked up/drugged him, like an acquaintance with a grudge or drug deal gone wrong where he owed debts or something. And maybe he escaped and is too scared or ashamed of the repercussions to say anything?

I think that possibly there is foul play involved and because his case gained media attention so early on the people involved freaked out and didn’t carry out what they had planned and just left him on the street disoriented to be found. Something similar to what Jessica Biel’s character went through in “The Sinner” show that was on USA recently. Just MOO though

This, and the fact he didn’t know where he was for a week, makes me think foul play is involved. I know I’m in the minority for thinking so but some things don’t add up for it to be straight drug binge or a week partying/getting away from it all. I think someone threatened him/kept him locked up/drugged him, like an acquaintance with a grudge or drug deal gone wrong where he owed debts or something. And maybe he escaped and is too scared or ashamed of the repercussions to say anything?

Maybe. But did we ever find out if the car was being moved to avoid tickets? If so, then I think he was just on a bender. No one else would bother moving his car, imo.

And I think there were also reports of sightings of him during that time. If those are true, then I think he was just hanging out and binging in a drug house. We have seen it before.

If it was foul play, I can't see why they would let him walk around alone on the streets.

LAPD was pretty clear when they said it was not a crime.
http://lapdonline.org/home/news_view/63546

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamR
Back