GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where are Julia and Boogie?

A 3rd possibility off the top of my head- bitter and/or jealous ex-husband

I'm definitely aware of that possibility. The first possibility mentioned was about someone known to her doing her harm. think they just forgot to specifically list ex-husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she could have been a victim of foul play by someone unknown to her.

She could have committed suicide.

She could have staged her own disappearance because she was tired of living the life she was living.

She could have been in an accident of some sort. (not a car accident, but ANY kind of accident. She may have gotten her foot stuck in a ditch while hiking and was unable to get out and died there.)

My point was simply that there are more than 2 possibilities. Have a theory and trying to make the facts fit is not how it works.

IMO of course.

We are all here for the same purpose - to help and/or offer comfort.

1. Yes, just seems less likely due to the car being close to her home and her last known location being in another city. I do agree that it's possible, just seems much less likely a random perp would go through the trouble to mapquest themselves to her neighborhood. She could've been harmed or abducted near her home but that seems unlikely given what we currently know IMO.

2. Where's Boogie then? She would've likely had to do it within walking distance of her home or car, so it seems a body would've been found in a pretty urban area like SD.

3. Yes, though we know she has strong family ties with her sister and aging father, so this also seems unlikely.

4. It seems like she would've still had to be within walking distance of her car, a car she stole, or a friends/someone's car and it seems unlikely that someone would just leave her behind.

I wasn't saying there are no other possibilities, just that those seem to be the most likely with the information we currently have. I actually don't have a theory on this, so I'm not sure how I'm trying to make facts fit a theory. Just expressing what IMO seem like the two most LIKELY scenarios.

There are two scenarios of what happed to Julia:

1. She is a victim of foul play by someone she knows perhaps disgruntled ex-boyfriend, co-worker, former Army friend.

2. She staged her own disappearance because of threat on her life real or imagined. She might have had an accomplice who is keeping this a secret.

IMO friends and co-workers of Julia have not disclosed all they know about this case. Maybe they have made statements to LE but no much publicly. Most of the information is coming from Julia's family.
I agree - what other explanation includes the texts, her car ½ mile from her house (staged with Windows down, keys inside) and Boogie missing too?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would like to see more transparency from LE in regards to the Ontario sighting. They have been in possession of the video for 3 weeks now and won't release it to the family or public. If LE wants to keep the video confidential at least describe the contents to the family for their feed back. What is the harm of releasing the stores name and location to the family and public. More information to the public helps the investigation. I wish the family would challenge LE on this issue especially Julia's brother John the PI who has been somewhat silent during this ordeal. I would think he could cut through some of the red tape with LE and start getting some answers.

LE never confirmed that the confirmed sighting in Ontario was from a store video. Did you see this as a fact somewhere that I may have missed?

LE never confirmed that the confirmed sighting in Ontario was from a store video. Did you see this as a fact somewhere that I may have missed?

You are right that LE has not told the family where Julia and her dog were at the Ontario sighting.

On page 17, Post #245 of this WS thread though, Julia's sister wrote:
"We had a tip on the Facebook page about picking up her dog at Petsmart for the Ontario sighting at 8:30PM. Don't know if that's true or not.
-Casey Jacobson"

So, yes, unconfirmed.

I think someone raised this earlier but what if the texts were "short" because she was driving and she was also using the voice to text feature and "palm springs" is a "typo".

I think someone raised this earlier but what if the texts were "short" because she was driving and she was also using the voice to text feature and "palm springs" is a "typo".
A typo for what?

Oh no.

Gardner, I know you're on the TW thread where we are waiting for an ID on a body too, so do you have any idea how long it normally takes? I know it depends on how decomposed the body is, but does it normally take days/weeks/months?

Oh no.

Gardner, I know you're on the TW thread where we are waiting for an ID on a body too, so do you have any idea how long it normally takes? I know it depends on how decomposed the body is, but does it normally take days/weeks/months?

Depends on the condition of the body and what other clues they have. And whether LE has things like dental records and DNA of the missing person to compare. Even with those things in place it can take several months to a year. See the Kara Kopetsky case as an example--when they found Kara's remains they were pretty sure it was her but told her mother right away it could take up to a year to get a positive id. I don't recall how long it actually took but it was months for sure-- way too long for a mother that had already spent 10 years looking for her. From what I understand, the time delay was a combination of the condition of her remains and a back-log in the labs.

Depends on the condition of the body and what other clues they have. And whether LE has things like dental records and DNA of the missing person to compare. Even with those things in place it can take several months to a year. See the Kara Kopetsky case as an example--when they found Kara's remains they were pretty sure it was her but told her mother right away it could take up to a year to get a positive id. I don't recall how long it actually took but it was months for sure-- way too long for a mother that had already spent 10 years looking for her. From what I understand, the time delay was a combination of the condition of her remains and a back-log in the labs.

Ugh. That's what I was worried about. I thought it might be relatively quick in the case of major decomp if you had dental records of the person and they had dental work done, but maybe not.

I forgot about Kara's case and how long it took to confirm it was her. It sounds like Mark Bakotic took a couple months to confirm too now that I think about it.

I remain surprised we haven't heard more from LE about Julia's case lately. Her poor family must be so frustrated.

Ugh. That's what I was worried about. I thought it might be relatively quick in the case of major decomp if you had dental records of the person and they had dental work done, but maybe not.

I forgot about Kara's case and how long it took to confirm it was her. It sounds like Mark Bakotic took a couple months to confirm too now that I think about it.

I remain surprised we haven't heard more from LE about Julia's case lately. Her poor family must be so frustrated.

There are many others missing from San Diego this could be. I have bumped their threads with the news as well. However, Julia was one I thought of right away. Hope there is movement on her case soon.

Oh no.

A lot depends on if the barrel was watertight. The skin will absorb water and peel away from the underlying tissue in about a week, so at that point prints are impossible. You can use Mitochondrial DNA (a strain that is present through the bloodlines of many families through generations) to identify the victim but that is usually only done when there is absolutely no other form of idea and no dental records available. Honestly, sometimes just clothing, shoes, or jewelry will make an ID quicker than science, but it's best to back it up with science.

Posts referencing Facebook posts have been removed.

Social media posts are not confirmation of anything. Please wait until there is official notification (MSM or LE).

:tyou:

For the next month, drivers and pedestrians will see a billboard on the corner of Mercury Street and Clairemont Mesa Boulevard in Kearny Mesa with a simple message: If you've seen Julia Jacobson, call the San Diego Police.*

The retired U.S. Army Captain has been missing since Sept. 2. She was last heard from around 9:30 p.m. when she sent a text message to a friend saying she was traveling from Big Bear, California to Palm Springs.*

A Facebook group set up by family and friends called "Julia Jacobson Missing" has 5,200 followers.*

In person, Julia was last seen in her company car at the corporate offices of 7-Eleven on Aero Drive in Kearny Mesa. She works in corporate real estate.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/Billboard-Put-Up-For-Missing-Ret-Army-Captain--449659263.html

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Title of video reads:
Body stuffed in sealed barrel in San Diego Bay...Barrel was chained to a cinder block in Chula Vista

See video at link.

An unusual odor emanating from a sealed barrel found floating in San Diego Bay led police to a shocking discovery: human remains.

The decomposed body was found stuffed inside a 55-gallon drum attached to a cinder block, drifting about 200 feet from the shore Thursday, police said.

"This is not normal," Chula Vista Police Department Captain Eric Thunberg told CBS 8. "We have a body crammed inside a barrel, that is not normal. Something went wrong."

Police said the death is being investigated as a homicide and the age and gender of the person is not known,*Fox 5 San Diego reported. They added that they have not been able to find or contact the person who initially reported it.

The barrel was pulled out of the water and loaded onto a truck where it is being looked at by a medical examiner.

Authorities right now are holding off on saying whether the discovery is linked to any missing persons cases.

Certainly understand the need for closure for families and the hope; however, it's premature to even articulate who might in the barrel,"*Thunberg told CBS 8.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/13/body-in-barrel-found-floating-in-san-diego-bay.html
7e0ec5a6bb5f9a7934ef492996e0d394.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Well #%*|! (Insert cuss word of choice). That's not what I wanted to see. Someone lost a family member regardless. Hopefully they can be identified quickly.

Reminder: Websleluths rules require that if you state something as fact, it must be substantiated by an MSM or LE link (so not something you've heard or read on social media).

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back