GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've caught up on this case, and here's just a thought:

"According to Lt. Holden, Julia was last spotted on security video at a store in Ontario, California, just outside Los Angeles, around 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 2. She had her dog, a Wheaten Terrier named Boogie, with her."
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...swers-family-missing-retired-u-s-army-n800276

I could be wrong, but the quote above makes it sound like the dog was with Julia IN the store in Ontario, CA. The family has made the comment that some of the stores she liked to frequent were 7-11's, Target, Petsmart, and Whole Foods.

Generally, people don't bring dogs into most stores, but Petsmart allows you to bring in your dog in with you, isn't that right? I couldn't see the dog in the video capture that has been released of Julia in Ontario. Could anyone else see the dog, or if she was holding a leash? I wish we could see her demeanor in the store. Did she seem relaxed, or was she nervous? Was someone else with her? I hope the investigators have these answers, at least.

The surveillance video... wouldn't that have to be from a place known to police? It could not just appear like anonymous witness tip could it? If it was capturing the vehicle she was in with the dog, it has been my experience as soon as the owner exits the car the animals seem to go straight for the window to see what is going on. Maybe, they were able to view the dog from that perspective.

In your recollection of involuntary abductions by a stranger (for example), how often does that person's animal disappear as well? I've read a few cases where a dog was unexpectedly found unattended, but the person is missing. What is the likelihood that a stranger would abduct a victim and her dog? Seems unlikely--the animal is way too much trouble in that scenario.

Much more likely (imo) that if this is foul play, it is someone that she knew. Dog and victim much more likely to stay a pair with someone that you trust--and that trust turns out to be misplaced.

Did Julia voluntarily disappear with her dog? This seems unlikely given the attachment to her family (and friends?), but I'm sure this is being considered as a possibility.

Lynx-- I had the same thought process. A woman with a dog is not an ideal victim for a stranger abduction, especially a dog of that size. I'm secretly hoping she just took off with Boogie for a break but find that hard to believe given her attachment to father/family. That leaves abductor as someone she knew. Who could that be? Wish we knew who supplied the Ontario info. I wonder if she came back to San Diego and something happened. What is located where her car was found? Was that somewhere she might have parked generally? Ugh

I've caught up on this case, and here's just a thought:

"According to Lt. Holden, Julia was last spotted on security video at a store in Ontario, California, just outside Los Angeles, around 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 2. She had her dog, a Wheaten Terrier named Boogie, with her."
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...swers-family-missing-retired-u-s-army-n800276

I could be wrong, but the quote above makes it sound like the dog was with Julia IN the store in Ontario, CA. The family has made the comment that some of the stores she liked to frequent were 7-11's, Target, Petsmart, and Whole Foods.

Generally, people don't bring dogs into most stores, but Petsmart allows you to bring in your dog in with you, isn't that right? I couldn't see the dog in the video capture that has been released of Julia in Ontario. Could anyone else see the dog, or if she was holding a leash? I wish we could see her demeanor in the store. Did she seem relaxed, or was she nervous? Was someone else with her? I hope the investigators have these answers, at least.

The video isn't from Ontario. It's from a 7-11 in San Diego on the morning of Sept 2.

Lynx-- I had the same thought process. A woman with a dog is not an ideal victim for a stranger abduction, especially a dog of that size. I'm secretly hoping she just took off with Boogie for a break but find that hard to believe given her attachment to father/family. That leaves abductor as someone she knew. Who could that be? Wish we knew who supplied the Ontario info. I wonder if she came back to San Diego and something happened. What is located where her car was found? Was that somewhere she might have parked generally? Ugh

I live in her neighborhood. The car was outside a corner store but it's not that close to where she lives (about a 1/2 mile) but is on the street parallel to hers. Sometimes it's hard to find parking around here but there should have been a space closer than that.

Seems pretty coincidental that she met her ex that same day.

The surveillance video... wouldn't that have to be from a place known to police? It could not just appear like anonymous witness tip could it? If it was capturing the vehicle she was in with the dog, it has been my experience as soon as the owner exits the car the animals seem to go straight for the window to see what is going on. Maybe, they were able to view the dog from that perspective.

Police know where the sighting in Ontario is at they're just not telling anyone.

The video clip that has been released is a different one from a 7-11 in San Diego the morning of Sept. 2.

I live in her neighborhood. The car was outside a corner store but it's not that close to where she lives (about a 1/2 mile) but is on the street parallel to hers. Sometimes it's hard to find parking around here but there should have been a space closer than that.

Seems pretty coincidental that she met her ex that same day.
But it's my understanding that the keys were in it, right? Like the Crystal McDowell case.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

But it's my understanding that the keys were in it, right? Like the Crystal McDowell case.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Correc, keys were in car. I was replying to the question as to whether or not this would be a place she would normally park.

If she met her ex husband some where else, then who sighted her in Ontario CA or what led LE to Ontario videos to see the sighting, which they are not releasing.

Someone or something led them to Ontario to know she was there.

The video isn't from Ontario. It's from a 7-11 in San Diego on the morning of Sept 2.

Oh! Thank you for the correction. Sorry 'bout that.

DQN, if she was in a store in Ontario, perhaps she used her debit or credit card there, which led investigators there.

Excellent point, however they are saying sighting as opposed to last transactions.

Police know where the sighting in Ontario is at they're just not telling anyone.

The video clip that has been released is a different one from a 7-11 in San Diego the morning of Sept. 2.

Thank you Mrs! This is so frustrating! I understand police keeping it close the vest but are they sure Boogie was with her in Ontario as well? If it was eyewitness account why didn't they get directional info? Wth? It's been very long time with no follow up. I also agree with Mrs that it's a strange coincidence to visit the ex husband.

In a local cbs8 news video (don't know if I'm allowed to link it here) her brother says the ex recently sent her a threatening message and was physically abusive in the past. LE have stated the ex is cooperating and they don't consider him a person of interest.

In a local cbs8 news video (don't know if I'm allowed to link it here) her brother says the ex recently sent her a threatening message and was physically abusive in the past. LE have stated the ex is cooperating and they don't consider him a person of interest.

Yes, you can link news videos. I can't find that one. Please post. TIA.

I don't believe LE for a second!

They may not consider him a person of interest, but that doesn't mean they don't consider him a SUSPECT....just sayin'!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back