Found Deceased CA - Juliani Cardenas, 4, Patterson, 18 January 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The plan is to do road patrols along the length of the canal in our county and the three other counties along its length to see if any bodies wash up," Singh said. The California Highway Patrol will also keep an eye on the waterway by helicopter, he added.

Link
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/29...&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_crime+(RSS:+Crime)

Is there anything remaining in the canal that two bodies could be lodged against or somehow stuck, which would prevent them from surfacing? And my apologies for being graphic, however if the bodies were swept out of the car by the water current and taken miles away, isn't it possible they are no longer intact? My thoughts are that it may be a long time, if ever, they are found.....assuming both are in the canal. :( MOO

Authorities To Continue Cardenas Search By Air, On Ground

Law enforcement agencies from several counties were expected to begin a visual search Sunday of the 90-mile Delta-Mendota Canal for any signs of the bodies of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas and his suspected kidnapper, 27-year-old Esteban Rodriguez.

Investigators said sonar confirmed Saturday there were no bodies in the area of water where Rodriguez's car was found Friday night.

But the sheriff's department says it still believes the bodies are somewhere in the irrigation canal.

More: http://www.ktvu.com/news/26667835/detail.html

His poor mom...I can't imagine. I hope they find him soon.

His poor mom...I can't imagine. I hope they find him soon.

From what I understand, family seems to be holding out some hope little Juliani is still alive. I pray they are right. :prayer: MOO

Is there anything remaining in the canal that two bodies could be lodged against or somehow stuck, which would prevent them from surfacing? And my apologies for being graphic, however if the bodies were swept out of the car by the water current and taken miles away, isn't it possible they are no longer intact? My thoughts are that it may be a long time, if ever, they are found.....assuming both are in the canal. :( MOO

My understanding of it is there is nothing left in the siphon for the bodies to be lodged against or stuck on, but as far as the rest of the canal I'm sure there could be more cars. And yes, the bodies could have been torn apart inside the siphon.

My understanding of it is there is nothing left in the siphon for the bodies to be lodged against or stuck on, but as far as the rest of the canal I'm sure there could be more cars. And yes, the bodies could have been torn apart inside the siphon.

That was my understanding as well regarding the siphon. How sad to think about little Juliani being in there. :( MOO

The vehicles that were brought out of the canal - why were they so damaged?
Especially the last three including the suspects car? Was it damage when they went in - or once in do they move around a lot because of the current? Trying to understand that part. Insight, appreciated.

Especially the last three including the suspects car? Was it damage when they went in - or once in do they move around a lot because of the current? Trying to understand that part. Insight, appreciated.

It might be because they were literally sucked into a square tube that is angled down. The three cars were found tangled together and had to brought out together.

LOL belimom I have one of those tools in the side pocket of my car door that one can use to cut the seatbelt & break the window!

LOL I have one hanging from the keychain. And I made sure to buy one for my hubby.

It might be because they were literally sucked into a square tube that is angled down. The three cars were found tangled together and had to brought out together.

That is one reason I think it's possible Jose isn't in there. How could he have gotten out of the car unless he did so before the car was sucked into where it was found? It isn't that easy to get a man's body out of a (driver's side) damaged small car. :waitasec: MOO

That is one reason I think it's possible Jose isn't in there. How could he have gotten out of the car unless he did so before the car was sucked into where it was found? It isn't that easy to get a man's body out of a (driver's side) damaged small car. :waitasec: MOO

With the windows down, I think may he had planned on escaping - alone or with Juliani - and didn't make it out. The water is reportedly swift, deep, and cold.

Another thing to consider is that the car probably was not originally sucked into the siphon right away, IMHO.

With the windows down, I think may he had planned on escaping - alone or with Juliani - and didn't make it out. The water is reportedly swift, deep, and cold.

Another thing to consider is that the car probably was not originally sucked into the siphon right away, IMHO.

And with the windows down the car would have rapidly filled with water, and I can only guess that the water swirled around creating some type of pressure vacuum that might have sucked them both out of the windows if they were in the car when it went in. The only other option is that he/they were out of the car and it was then pushed in. I would have a whole 'nother level of hatred for the man if he sent Juliani in alone.

I went to the first half hour of the vigil then the fog started rolling in & I had to leave. About 37 miles of my drive home from Modesto is on an isolated 2 lane highway, which can get very foggy. I know that highway like the back of my hand but the drivers that don't know it are what scare me lol.

There is strong current & undertow, not to mention the vacuum from the siphon, but my guess is the damage is mostly from being sucked into the siphon.

And with the windows down the car would have rapidly filled with water, and I can only guess that the water swirled around creating some type of pressure vacuum that might have sucked them both out of the windows if they were in the car when it went in. The only other option is that he/they were out of the car and it was then pushed in. I would have a whole 'nother level of hatred for the man if he sent Juliani in alone.

Yes, the forces at work down there can definitely suck a person out the window.

This is such a heartbreaking case.
I just simply see no reason if he escaped the water to take Juliani with him. :cry:
I pray I am wrong.

jmho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member