Found Deceased CA - Juliani Cardenas, 4, Patterson, 18 January 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just now saw on NG, there is now an arrest warrant out for that ? So, he bailed out before driving that poor child into the canal?????? I thought he went in too?

Until his body is located, I agree with the DA and believe it is a good idea for the arrest warrant to stand. MOO

Until his body is located, I agree with the DA and believe it is a good idea for the arrest warrant to stand. MOO

I remember in the Laci Peterson case her little baby surfaced first and then a few days later she did. So, hopefully, the will surface soon. What a waste and what a piece of human garbage. jmo

I remember in the Laci Peterson case her little baby surfaced first and then a few days later she did. So, hopefully, the will surface soon. What a waste and what a piece of human garbage. jmo

You know in my heart I wish Jose is still alive - just for the pleasure of seeing him convicted and given the death penalty; but CA has sooo much red tape to get to that point, most on death row die from natural causes. The wasted cost of keeping him alive, just isn't worth it.

I'm OK thinking he was possibly still alive when he went into the syphon.

What a POC/coward to commit such a heinous crime against a baby. :cry:

RIP Juliani - I know you were so loved, that is some comfort tonight.

Poor little baby boy :( May he rest in peace.

My heart goes out to his mother and family. I hope they will be able to cherish the baby of the killer as they did Juliani.

RIP Juliani, such a sad case here. I'm praying for his mom and unborn sister, and also for his poor grandmother, who is going to have nightmares the rest of her life about not being able to hold on to him.

May God Bless them all and may Juliani watch over them.

And may the POI really be in that canal because that is the safest place for him right now...

I just heard the news - How terribly terribly sad. RIP precious little one. I'm so sorry it ended this way. My heart and prayers go out to his mother/family.

I wish when news happens, someone could update the first post so people don't have to randomly pick a page to find out what happened.

I'm sorry to hear they found his body. :(

ETA - Page 8. Sounds like no sign of this guy. I fear he merely made the car go in and wasn't in the car. :(

The way I understood it is...they think he's in the water, too. But until he surfaces, they put the arrest warrant out there. Just in case.

I think this is the best thing to do as well. I look at it this way...

On that SLIM chance that he is alive. What if he gets arrested for some minor crime? They run his prints, see he has a record but no current warrants. So they let him go. Then find out later that LE had the guy, didn't know he was wanted and let him go.

It has happened many times.

This way, it's out there until his body is recovered. And it's out there just in case he's not dead. :twocents:

Rest in Peace sweet beautiful boy. You are now playing happily with the angels in heaven.

I saw on moms facebook that she hopes Jose's body surfaces so that she doesn't have to worry about him someday grabbing their daughter. How scary and sad.

I saw on moms facebook that she hopes Jose's body surfaces so that she doesn't have to worry about him someday grabbing their daughter. How scary and sad.
Oh my gosh! What a horrible thing it would be to live your life with that fear hanging over your head!

Somber memorial held in Patterson for kidnap victim Juliani Cardenas

Hopes are dashed after small body found

PATTERSON — The mother and grandmother of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas were so overwhelmed with emotion they had to remain seated during a candlelight observance Tuesday night.

A few hundred people with somber faces gathered on the lawn in front of City Hall to offer their support to the Cardenas family.

A body believed to be that of Juliani was found in the Delta-Mendota Canal on Tuesday morning by a canal worker near Santa Nella, 31 miles south of where he was snatched from his grandmother's arms two weeks ago.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.modbee.com/2011/02/01/1538474/hopes-for-juliani-are-dashed-aftersmall.html

I'm really upset with that farmer. If it would have been me I would have turned around and jumped in the water to try and save the little boy.

That is really unfair. This poor farmer has to live with this for the rest of his life. He did what he should have done, reported it. Do you have a clue how fast that water runs in that canal? Instead of looking for two bodies, they would have been looking for three. And no one would have known where the farmer went at the time or knew about the car.

I don't mean to be so sensitive, but I've lost two close family members to drowning, and it makes me angry when someone says they could have been saved if someone that seen it happen would have jumped in. Not so, it just means another person most probably would have drowned.

Those photos of Juliani on NG were just heartbreaking to see, what an absolutely adorable child and he was always happy and smiling. At least this is one child who seemed to have a safe, happy life during the short time he was here on earth, unlike so many others we come to know.

That is really unfair. This poor farmer has to live with this for the rest of his life. He did what he should have done, reported it. Do you have a clue how fast that water runs in that canal? Instead of looking for two bodies, they would have been looking for three. And no one would have known where the farmer went at the time or knew about the car.

I don't mean to be so sensitive, but I've lost two close family members to drowning, and it makes me angry when someone says they could have been saved if someone that seen it happen would have jumped in. Not so, it just means another person most probably would have drowned.

Years ago, a friend was at the beach with her friends, including twin brothers (not her brothers). One brother got caught in a rip current and began struggling. At the other kids' urging, the other brother went in after the first brother. They both drowned.

The farmer is probably second-guessing the choices he made...wondering if he could have saved Juliani. I agree with those people who said we would be looking for 3 bodies instead of 2. The farmer made the best choice he could have in a horrible situation. Juliani can be laid to rest because of this farmer and instead of criticizing him, we should be praying for him and thanking him for helping LE bring Juliani home.

RIP, sweet baby boy.

Years ago, a friend was at the beach with her friends, including twin brothers (not her brothers). One brother got caught in a rip current and began struggling. At the other kids' urging, the other brother went in after the first brother. They both drowned.

The farmer is probably second-guessing the choices he made...wondering if he could have saved Juliani. I agree with those people who said we would be looking for 3 bodies instead of 2. The farmer made the best choice he could have in a horrible situation. Juliani can be laid to rest because of this farmer and instead of criticizing him, we should be praying for him and thanking him for helping LE bring Juliani home.

RIP, sweet baby boy.

Good point about the farmer. The sheriff made it clear in an earlier interview that if the farmer had tried to save the baby he would have been sucked in and drowned too then no one would know anything about where the child could be. He was very supportative of the farmer.

RIP, sweet baby boy.

Justbeachy, that's a terrible story about the brothers... just tragic.

I was the little sister who went after my older brother when he got carried out via a riptide when we were children. Luckily, a family friend vacationing with our family saved us both: our own mother was standing on the shore, hysterical because she could not swim.

We don't know if this farmer could swim, if he had a cell phone... but we do know if it weren't for him, no one would have known where to look for Juliani.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back