Presumed Located CA - Justin Blanco, 26, Hinckley, Car found, 21 Aug 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vehicle of missing 26-year-old man found near Harper Dry Lake Bed in Hinkley

There's not a lot of public information on this one. The car was found with all his personal belongings and a tank full of gas.

Here is where his abandoned vehicle was found:

upload_2020-9-23_23-44-25.png
Google Maps

Although google maps didn't label the dry lake bed, it was a known location. I hope this young man can be found soon. He has a lot of people helping to look for him. Here was the last search they had: Search for JUSTIN BLANCO.

Vehicle of missing 26-year-old man found near Harper Dry Lake Bed in Hinkley

There's not a lot of public information on this one. The car was found with all his personal belongings and a tank full of gas.

missing-person-justin-blanco-flyer-e1598644325241.png
justin-blanco-vehicle.png

Justin's NamUs profile is not active. I have no way of knowing whether it was approved then deactivated or never approved. A NamUs search for Justin Blanco yielded no results. I've asked for an update on Missing Justin Blanco.

8 Oct 2020

NamUs has been submitted for Justin Blanco, and waiting for public view.
He is: case #MP73137 As soon as his detective approves the verbiage it will be open to public to search at www.NamUs.gov

120955231_103046771580084_7478666038924766319_n.jpg

Here was the last search they had: Search for JUSTIN BLANCO.

RSBM
Ty for the link to the search page. I read through all of the posts along w/ comments/replies. There's some interesting information about the circumstances surrounding Justin's disappearance. Of course I can't comment on any of it here due to TOS, but it's informative for sure. I get the feeling Justin may not have even driven his car to the location where it was found. It might be a good idea to have a couple more searches there, but I'd suggest they work harder to get LE investigators to start looking for answers from those who were last with Justin. A PI would be a good investment but they'd likely have to push their fundraising effort a little harder, imo. MOO

I spoke with the media department of the San Bernardino Sheriff's office and they said that due to the fires in the county, any further searches are postponed. They emphasized that as soon as they could they would search again.
It's been 6 months since you've spoken with SBSO. Have you heard whether they plan to conduct more searches for Justin anytime soon?

Justin Christopher Blanco – The Charley Project
Blanco was last seen in Needles, California on August 9, 2020. He may have been driving from Arizona to his home in Lancaster, California at the time. He has never been heard from again.

On August 21, Blanco's black Crown Victoria was found in the desert near Harper Dry Lake, behind a power plant in Hinkley, California, with all his belongings inside it, including his cellular phone, clothes and wallet with cash. His car keys were in the ignition, there was fuel in the tank and the car was operable. A photo of the car is posted with this case summary.

Few details are available in his case. Both Barstow County and San Bernardino County police are investigating; some agencies saw Blanco was last seen in San Bernardino, California.

Harper Lake - Wikipedia

121134922_103018151582946_5991036076634421903_n.jpg

Info the family gave last year:
Justin left Lancaster, Ca where he was living with family to visit friends in Bullhead City, Az on July 28, 2020. He did make it to his destination but, unfortunately his car was found with all his belongings 10 miles off of highway 58 on Harper Dry Lake near Hinkley on August 22, 2020. The Barstow sheriffs and detectives have done several searches using k9 and helicopter but they have yielded no results. We, Justin's family have traveled to Bullhead City, Az on several occasions to look for him and post flyers but again have yielded no results. Communities, friends, family, and even the California State Militia have gathered for a search where we covered a large radius of desert with again no results. With no leads and the desperation to find the truth of where he may be and what happened has led us to hire a Private Investigator and we humbly ask for your help to find Justin Blanco. We miss him dearly.

I had been following this story since its in the deserts near me and it was eerily similar situation to another missing girl a few months before he went missing and in desserts near,
Ericka Guerrero. I just now saw on the sisters FB that his remains were found in Feb. and he had been buried but no one ever updated on any sites ever. Im so sad. I was hoping they would find him ok. I always wonder if it was connected to Erikas case. I do not know if the passing was homicide, suicide or if the extreme desert heat took him. Prayers for the family during this tough time. :(

I had been following this story since its in the deserts near me and it was eerily similar situation to another missing girl a few months before he went missing and in desserts near,
Ericka Guerrero. I just now saw on the sisters FB that his remains were found in Feb. and he had been buried but no one ever updated on any sites ever. Im so sad. I was hoping they would find him ok. I always wonder if it was connected to Erikas case. I do not know if the passing was homicide, suicide or if the extreme desert heat took him. Prayers for the family during this tough time. :(

I've seen the same info from other sources and really wish they would officially close his case for all the sites if accurate. I have been searching for an obituary, grave info, etc. with no results since reading he has been laid to rest, but there is no way to mark this as closed without MSM verification here on WS. One thought though - maybe they are being low key if a criminal investigation is ongoing?

There was a case for him on California Attorney page which was removed meanwhile

Justin Blanco

Only thing i can do now is presume resolved

Here is where his abandoned vehicle was found:

View attachment 265064
Google Maps

Although google maps didn't label the dry lake bed, it was a known location. I hope this young man can be found soon. He has a lot of people helping to look for him. Here was the last search they had: Search for JUSTIN BLANCO.
There are interesting comments and replies on a 14 Oct 2020 post at the FB link above. The article (and some of the comments beneath it) I linked below could be related to Justin's case. If the remains described in the article are Justin's, may he rest in eternal peace. MOO

Coroner attempting to ID skeletal remains found in Hinkley
February 19, 2021
SBM
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, at 11:11 AM, skeletal remains were located by a land survey team working in the open desert to the east of the intersection of Harper Lake Rd. and Hoffman Rd., in Hinkley.
hinkley-skeletal-remains-found-1024x577.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back