CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sometimes regular old pot will cause you to "green out" and become paranoid. It doesn't neccesarily have to be laced.
Haven't heard the term "green out" in ages. Something like salvia will 100% send someone on a bad trip.

She felt weird and wanted to go home. IMO she was being responsible and coherent enough to ask for help.

People don't just disappear into thin air :(

I thought this too, the possibility of laced pot. What could cause that kind of reaction, indeed good question.

The problem with the theory of KG being high/delirious and wandering off is that if she wandered away to her own demise there should be remains or some indication. Instead there is no trace which is IMO suspicious.

I don't believe that KG wandered off of her own volition by choice whatsoever. JMO.
I completely agree, i watched a video today on a deep dive into her disappearance. (Karlie Guse Disappearance Video) She stated she thought she was being tracked via phone a day or so before going missing. What if her SM was using her phone to track her, its said that she was “driving around cluelessly” looking for KLG. But she was on the phone with KLG the whole drive, Karlie was picked up on Dixon Lane in Dixon California, very close to a rural area, she likely lived near, but I only discovered this info today. Here’s where it gets fishy her SM changed stories many times, she laid by her, then she didnt lay with her in KLG’s room, first she left in blue jeans, then an eyewitness says she was wearing grey sweat pants, so her SM changed her story to saying ”oh yes I remember. She was in sweats.” Is she trying to cover herself with an alibi? She got her car detailed after KLG went missing, why would she do that? Did she give KLG a medication that interacted with something already in her system so she had it deep cleaned to remove evidence? Later its said that KLGs father yelled at KLGs bio mom via phone saying “At least you have a f‘ing alibi, you’re in Nevada!“ Why would he say this? He and KLGs SM know something but aren’t saying it. Thats what Im getting from that call and all this evidence. Its also possible that she ran away, her father was arrested on domestic assault on her SM, God only knows if he had abused Karlie for making minimal mistakes, did she leave out of fear of her own father? Did she know there would be consequences? Its said that she was last seen near Highway 6. Lots of semis go through that area early in the morning, being a 16 year old female, in the dark on the highway, it is also likely she was taken by a semi driver who had bad intentions, have cops checked CCTV footage off of the roads KLG was seen on? Were deserts/woods nearby checked?

I completely agree, i watched a video today on a deep dive into her disappearance. (Karlie Guse Disappearance Video) She stated she thought she was being tracked via phone a day or so before going missing. What if her SM was using her phone to track her, its said that she was “driving around cluelessly” looking for KLG. But she was on the phone with KLG the whole drive, Karlie was picked up on Dixon Lane in Dixon California, very close to a rural area, she likely lived near, but I only discovered this info today. Here’s where it gets fishy her SM changed stories many times, she laid by her, then she didnt lay with her in KLG’s room, first she left in blue jeans, then an eyewitness says she was wearing grey sweat pants, so her SM changed her story to saying ”oh yes I remember. She was in sweats.” Is she trying to cover herself with an alibi? She got her car detailed after KLG went missing, why would she do that? Did she give KLG a medication that interacted with something already in her system so she had it deep cleaned to remove evidence? Later its said that KLGs father yelled at KLGs bio mom via phone saying “At least you have a f‘ing alibi, you’re in Nevada!“ Why would he say this? He and KLGs SM know something but aren’t saying it. Thats what Im getting from that call and all this evidence. Its also possible that she ran away, her father was arrested on domestic assault on her SM, God only knows if he had abused Karlie for making minimal mistakes, did she leave out of fear of her own father? Did she know there would be consequences? Its said that she was last seen near Highway 6. Lots of semis go through that area early in the morning, being a 16 year old female, in the dark on the highway, it is also likely she was taken by a semi driver who had bad intentions, have cops checked CCTV footage off of the roads KLG was seen on? Were deserts/woods nearby checked?
IMO the odds of Karlie being picked up by a trucker are low. Even with KGs past, hers is quite tame compared to others considered "at risk". Just IMO it's too much of a jump from Karlie being at a party, possibly conflicts at home to hopping into a truck and running away. Why not stay with friends, the bf, go back with mom etc?

If the SM has changed her recollection on record that's sus. If just in passing then IDK. SM was on Snapchat a lot telling her version in early days IIRC. There should have been some sign if KG had changed clothes.

The eyewitness always made me wonder what did they really see?

Getting the vehicle detailed is odd. I can recall a case where the vehicle was used to move a body and afterwards it was detailed to hide the scent. The cleaner said they knew it was something bad and in the end it didn't conceal anything.

If Karlies father indeed said that, it's strange. IIRC the father was at work or away from home while all of this was happening.

He drove out to a canyon, near his house. RE isnt sure if he actually saw KG. It is possible that Karlie walked into the area behind his house and just went into an area that he didn’t check, but they also brought out search dogs later on and no sign of KG was found by a dog, which is really weird, especially if she was seen walking around, her scent would’ve been picked up by the dogs. But it wasn’t.. there was no trail of her anywhere. Along with her SM getting her car detailed following KG’s disappearance. I’m starting to think that her SM gave her some medication to help with the laced substance, KG dozed off, or so her SM thought, she panicked, woke up to KG being unconscious, put KG in her car, dumped her body in the canyons, told RE to make up a story while she was making her own alibi, got her car detailed and improved the entire alibi after getting it put together, hence her changing her story multiple times, lying and unable to remember details, in videos of talking about KG’s disappearance, she’s seen darting her eyes around the room, and stumbling over her words. Both signs of lying. During official videos with the police she has it all together, almost rehearsed. Almost down to the movement it seems.

DEC 5, 2022

Karlie Gusé

karlie_guse.jpg

On October 12, 2018, 16-year-old Karlie Gusé left her home in Chalfant, California to hang out with friends nearby, according to family. Karlie’s stepmother, Melissa, told Dateline she picked Karlie up from town and brought her home around 9:00 p.m. According to Melissa, they ate dinner together before Karlie went to bed. Karlie’s father, Zachary, told Dateline that Karlie seemed “disoriented” before she went to bed, but would not comment further on her condition. Melissa said she went to Karlie’s room early the next morning to check on her stepdaughter, but Karlie was nowhere to be found. Five months later, Melissa appeared on the Dr. Phil daytime talk show, and told Dr. Phil that she had lied to NBC when she spoke to Dateline. “Melissa, you told NBC, the next morning that at 5:45 a.m., you did your usual routine of opening up the kids’ doors, saying good morning, getting them ready for school -- that sort of thing. Did you -- she was still in bed at that time -- did you go back and lay down?” Dr. Phil asked Melissa on the show which aired on March 25, 2019. “No. That -- the Dateline NBC?” Melissa answered. “Yeah, that was a false story. Because I wasn’t – it was a lie about checking in on Karlie. Because it was in the beginning, and I didn’t know what to say and – I shouldn’t have even done the interview.” Karlie’s mother, Lindsay Fairley, who lives in Nevada, told Dateline in 2018 that she had been sick to her stomach from the pain her daughter’s disappearance had caused. Authorities say Karlie was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. If you have any information on Karlie’s disappearance, please call the Mono County Sheriff’s Office at 760-932-7549 and select option 7.

DEC 5, 2022

Karlie Gusé

karlie_guse.jpg

On October 12, 2018, 16-year-old Karlie Gusé left her home in Chalfant, California to hang out with friends nearby, according to family. Karlie’s stepmother, Melissa, told Dateline she picked Karlie up from town and brought her home around 9:00 p.m. According to Melissa, they ate dinner together before Karlie went to bed. Karlie’s father, Zachary, told Dateline that Karlie seemed “disoriented” before she went to bed, but would not comment further on her condition. Melissa said she went to Karlie’s room early the next morning to check on her stepdaughter, but Karlie was nowhere to be found. Five months later, Melissa appeared on the Dr. Phil daytime talk show, and told Dr. Phil that she had lied to NBC when she spoke to Dateline. “Melissa, you told NBC, the next morning that at 5:45 a.m., you did your usual routine of opening up the kids’ doors, saying good morning, getting them ready for school -- that sort of thing. Did you -- she was still in bed at that time -- did you go back and lay down?” Dr. Phil asked Melissa on the show which aired on March 25, 2019. “No. That -- the Dateline NBC?” Melissa answered. “Yeah, that was a false story. Because I wasn’t – it was a lie about checking in on Karlie. Because it was in the beginning, and I didn’t know what to say and – I shouldn’t have even done the interview.” Karlie’s mother, Lindsay Fairley, who lives in Nevada, told Dateline in 2018 that she had been sick to her stomach from the pain her daughter’s disappearance had caused. Authorities say Karlie was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. If you have any information on Karlie’s disappearance, please call the Mono County Sheriff’s Office at 760-932-7549 and select option 7.
This exact article is what makes me wonder about what else she may have lied about. What did she tell police? What did she tell family? It really jogs your brain to think of the many possible outcomes of KG‘s SM story and recount of that night.

California Cold Cases: 15 FBI Missing Person Files That Still Haunt

Karlie Lain Gusé was 16 years old when she vanished Oct. 13, 2018, from Mono County, Calif. As a result of family appearances on "Dr. Phil," "Dateline" and Nancy Grace's podcast, "Crime Stories," the plight of Karlie's mysterious disappearance has gone national.
While they say that her disap has gone national, there have been zero deeper looks into her disappearance. Why? If you look in my previous posts youll see ive done research in regards to interviews and karlie herself,if anyone finds anything else please let me know.

Bumping for Karlie <3

"Was Karlie Guse ever found? A 2023 update
...Sadly, Karlie has never been found. Mono County Sheriff’s Office’s most recent update about her disappearance was posted on Facebook in October 2022. It reads:

“Our investigation into her disappearance has never ceased, and we continue searching for her every day. Please hold Karlie in your hearts and your thoughts. Share her photo and her story. Don’t let her fade from our memories.”
“To really up and vanish like she did – it’s mind-boggling,” FBI agent Brad Bilderback says in a series of YouTube videos about Karlie’s disappearance"
Leads have emerged on social media, but none of them have brought the family closer to finding their beloved daughter."

Was Karlie Guse ever found? A 2023 update - TheNetline

While they say that her disap has gone national, there have been zero deeper looks into her disappearance. Why? If you look in my previous posts youll see ive done research in regards to interviews and karlie herself,if anyone finds anything else please let me know.
Sadly, I have never been able to find anything, @Keithcandy, about "deeper" looks into Karlie's disappearance since a few years ago, and it seems like there are only "keep her in your thoughts" updates from LE :(

Sadly, I have never been able to find anything, @Keithcandy, about "deeper" looks into Karlie's disappearance since a few years ago, and it seems like there are only "keep her in your thoughts" updates from LE :(
There was so much speculation from the beginning about SM's relationships with parties in LE, and where I think SM's account was given too much credit.

But it's a fact Karlie was in distress the night before she vanished and was denied medical attention that probably could have saved her life. IMO, this was a bad call by her parents.

Looking back, I think LE believes it best to keep comments short and non-descript or risk the truth coming out that others let their guard down early in the investigation. MOO

Just read this and I am... extremely confused, at best
BUT
it would make sense if that's what happened to her.

There was so much speculation from the beginning about SM's relationships with parties in LE, and where I think SM's account was given too much credit.

But it's a fact Karlie was in distress the night before she vanished and was denied medical attention that probably could have saved her life. IMO, this was a bad call by her parents.

Looking back, I think LE believes it best to keep comments short and non-descript or risk the truth coming out that others let their guard down early in the investigation. MOO
I have heard that the hospital in that area is very bad to the point people drive 3 hrs to Reno just to get medical attention. Lots of people in that area, as a result, have a sort of "walk it off" attitude about many things. Not excusing it, am saying it is very unfortunate

BUT
The whole quantum oscillator thing is BS but it does make sense that she continued to walk in that direction assuming the eyewitness is correct. Early searchers looked in the same area.

It also makes sense that the most likely thing that happened is that she died of any number of "natural" causes in that environment: e.g. hypothermia, dehydration, heat stroke, falling down a ravine or less likely but not too far out there unnatural causes: animal or human attack.

In any event I think she is unfortunately no longer with us

BUT
This is absolutely fascinating but also completely kooky. Also, I can't be the only one here that immediately thinks "Send it to Othram!" when anything of interest is found.

It's always bothered me that Karlie was in some form of distress the night before she went missing and possibly or probably her distress continued into the next morning to the extent that she might have run from home (seen by the neighbor underdressed for 40 degree weather maybe, I don't think that was comfirmed, but it seems likely just the same, IMO if that was the last time she was seen).

If only.... a b c d e .... speculating only she might still be alive if she got more help than she did if she was in such a state of distress.

I worry there was some basis for her, for lack of a better word, concerns, in addition to the possibility she may have been experiencing symptoms from a substance she imbibed or was given unbeknownst to her that was scaring her so much.

It's very sad, IMO, if her apparent state of distress led to her disappearance and possible death, and her family is none the wiser and LE has no answers.

I'm not saying this could have happened to her, but I know more than one person who was given something as simple as a pot brownie without knowing it wasn't just a brownie, and they were unable to function and full of overwhelming anxiety and paranoia that they were having a mental health crisis, which lasted for over 24 hours.

JMO

Last edited:
Longshot, but have to mention just in case!
Woman sharing some similarities with Karlie, recently missing in Ontario. Fwiw..

1687783132322.png

''Date(s) of Birth Used: May 13, 2002 Hair: Dark Blonde Eyes: Blue Height: 5'7" (at time of disappearance) Weight: 110 pounds (at time of disappearance) Sex: Female Race: White Scars and Marks: Gusé has her left nostril pierced.
REWARD The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the location of Karlie Lain Gusé. DETAILS Karlie Lain Gusé, a then 16-year-old female, was reported missing by her family on the morning of October 13, 2018. Karlie was seen by her family at their residence in the White Mountain Estates area of Chalfant Valley in Mono County, California, during the pre-dawn hours of October 13, 2018. At some time during the early morning, Karlie left the family residence while likely wearing gray sweatpants or jeans, a white t-shirt, and Vans brand shoes. Karlie left her personal belongings behind at the residence including her mobile phone. Karlie was last seen by witnesses walking south approximately 30 yards east of Highway 6 and 100 yards south of Sierra View Road on the morning of October 13, 2018. A thorough search of the area and subsequent investigation has been unsuccessful in locating Karlie and she has not been in contact with family or friends since she went missing. The Mono County Sheriff's Office and the FBI continue to seek information that will assist in locating Karlie.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back