CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. People come in all shapes and sizes and she may be perfectly healthy, but my 14 y.o. is 5'8" and 150 lbs. Admittedly a very in-shape soccer player, so lots of muscle, but still . . . .

You are absolutely right. People come in all shapes and sizes and that doesnt necessarily mean anything at all.
Im just trying to make sense of the limited information we have here. Based on previous posts, she doesnt seem to be the pillar of good health that one would expect for her age. Trying to better understand why she is subject to easily faint, and why she might be disoriented.

She is possibly wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants.

She was last seen Saturday morning on Ponderosa Street near White Mountain Estates in Chalfant, walking toward California 6

Search underway for missing 16-year-old Mono County girl

Here's google maps image map of the last known sighting of Karlie - where the estates are and where she was seen walking toward Highway 6.

upload_2018-10-20_17-25-53.png

From the map:
It is less than a mile from the estates to the beginning of Highway 6.
There are no other roads for miles unless you're on Highway 6 that heads north.
It is a remote foothills mountainous area all around the estates.

IMO, scenarios related to her disappearance:

She could have hitchhiked on or been abducted or assaulted or stumbled and fell down on or near Highway 6.
However, if she was disoriented for whatever reason(s) she could have just wanted to 'get some air' and get away from the house, and went for a walk or hiked up into the foothills without ever intending to go onto Highway 6, and anything could have happened (accident, abduction, passed out)...

Im 5'7 if I stretch and typically run around 115-117 at 32 years old. I know that's 5 lbs heavier, but I'm perfectly healthy. In high school I was even smaller, I was constantly playing soccer and practicing. She could be completely healthy, but the disoriented comment has seriously thrown me for a loop

I know locals have chimed in, grateful. Thank you and welcome. I’d be interested to know if the house move was “moving up” or if they have any level of wealth? Being a wealthy influential family might explain their hesitancy air air her dirty laundry? Idk. I also thought someone said she has a history of passing out when she doesn’t eat.. did i dream this?

Tried reading the SM posts about this one to gain as much background as I could and it isn’t easy. Lots of people - some family - not helping the cause by lashing out at each other. I won't post links, etc. here out of TOS considerations but it's pretty easy to find.

That said, I believe this one absolutely has more to it. The ‘disoriented’ description with no explanation combined with conflicting reports of sightings, not adding up. I would think in the time she's been gone, LE could at least somewhat determine if she left for somewhere, ran away, etc.

Also if Karlie was disoriented for whatever reason while she went missing, is there reason to believe she still is now? If so why is that? It would even be helpful to know as she's been missing for 12 days.

I know locals have chimed in, grateful. Thank you and welcome. I’d be interested to know if the house move was “moving up” or if they have any level of wealth? Being a wealthy influential family might explain their hesitancy air air her dirty laundry? Idk. I also thought someone said she has a history of passing out when she doesn’t eat.. did i dream this?
I think a poster thought she could possibly be hypoglycemic because of her height/weight but it was stated by police that she could possibly be disoriented.

I think a poster thought she could possibly be hypoglycemic because of her height/weight but it was stated by police that she could possibly be disoriented.
Yeah that's what got me - the word 'disoriented' with no explanation. LE has to know that will raise lots of questions. If she has a medical condition that would lead to it, just say that. You don't even need to tell us what it is. Even something like "Karlie suffers from disorientation when her blood sugar gets low...".

Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home
At 16 years old, Karlie Gusé is a typical teenager. She likes to dance, hang out with her boyfriend, and make money at her after-school job.
“Everybody knows Karlie. They love her,” Karlie’s mother Lindsay Fairley told Dateline. Lindsay and Karlie’s father, Zachary Gusé, divorced when Karlie was only two years old. Karlie lived with her mother Lindsay at first, but went to live in Bishop, California with her father Zachary and his wife Melissa eight to ten years ago.
Karlie’s stepmother Melissa told Dateline that in the beginning of October, Karlie was a “happy kid” and her positive attitude was no different than usual. The family had recently moved just north of Bishop to a town called Chalfant, but Karlie wasn’t fazed by the move as she’d been able to stay in the same school district.

On Friday, October 12, Karlie left home to hang out with friends, as her stepmother says was typical for her. According to her mother Lindsay, Karlie’s boyfriend Donald Arrowood III would later say that, after hanging out with friends for a while, Karlie started to not feel well and wanted to leave the party.
Karlie’s father Zachary told Dateline Karlie seemed “disoriented” before she went to bed, but would not comment further on her condition.
upload_2018-10-23_0-10-16.jpeg upload_2018-10-23_0-11-3.jpegupload_2018-10-23_0-12-49.jpeg

I've typed out and erased several posts here but can't adequately articulate why this feels so different, aside from the missing information. Hoping this girl is safe and those who know and love her can continue doing just that.

So from the Dateline article she went to a party and came home "feeling disoriented" but no one thought to take her to the hospital? So she just stayed up all night and then walked out of the house?

From the above link, I’m having a hard time with some of the things being said

The next morning, around 5:45 a.m., Melissa said she went through her usual routine of opening the kids’ doors and saying good morning to them. She told Dateline she saw Karlie in her bed at that time. Melissa said she then went back to sleep for a little bit. But when she woke up a little bit later and opened Karlie’s door again, Karlie was nowhere to be found.

From the above link, I’m having a hard time with some of the things being said

The next morning, around 5:45 a.m., Melissa said she went through her usual routine of opening the kids’ doors and saying good morning to them. She told Dateline she saw Karlie in her bed at that time. Melissa said she then went back to sleep for a little bit. But when she woke up a little bit later and opened Karlie’s door again, Karlie was nowhere to be found.

The kids get up at 5:45am on a Saturday morning?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

It says it in this MSM article: Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home

"The next morning, around 5:45 a.m., Melissa said she went through her usual routine of opening the kids’ doors and saying good morning to them. She told Dateline she saw Karlie in her bed at that time. Melissa said she then went back to sleep for a little bit. But when she woke up a little bit later and opened Karlie’s door again, Karlie was nowhere to be found."

Last edited by a moderator:
The kids get up at 5:45am on a Saturday morning?

And why not let your kids sleep in IF you yourself are just going right back to bed?:confused:
Also, if my 16 y/o went to a party and came home “disoriented” I might wake her up at 5:45 AM to begin her tour of punishment and chores. Nothing else makes sense about this whole scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member