CA CA - Kaya Centeno, 10, Rohnert Park, 1 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m sorry if this isn’t allowed, I am new to posting. I found the adoptive mother on Facebook and she has plenty of public posts... it is so bizarre to see her posts about the twins that she continued to raise after they took the older (remaining) two to Mexico! And so many meme-type posts about parenting that would rub me the wrong way in general but seem super ominous knowing about the disappearance and abuse. I’m not sure how far back it goes but I’m all the way back to 2016 with no mention of the other adopted kids...

I’m sorry if this isn’t allowed, I am new to posting. I found the adoptive mother on Facebook and she has plenty of public posts... it is so bizarre to see her posts about the twins that she continued to raise after they took the older (remaining) two to Mexico! And so many meme-type posts about parenting that would rub me the wrong way in general but seem super ominous knowing about the disappearance and abuse. I’m not sure how far back it goes but I’m all the way back to 2016 with no mention of the other adopted kids...

If your sure it's her you can link her Facebook page here.

https://m.facebook.com/ginacenteno32

I skimmed all the way back to early 2014/2013 (as far back as is publicly visible), zero mention of the 3 other adopted kids? If the 2 who have been rescued were only taken to Mexico a year and a half ago I wonder where they were the rest of the time. I wonder when they divorced or separated? She had one status that mentioned her husband a few years back and that was it.

They have adult children too, did they never wonder about the other kids? So many questions but I’m so glad the neighbors in Mexico saw something was wrong.

Jason Hebert interviews aunt and older (bio) sister

There’s a lot they couldn’t share at the moment but it gave me a better picture of the circumstances. They did say they’ve heard from people who knew the Centenos who never heard about these three siblings—and that there were areas of the house that were entirely off limits to visitors.

Also that it was Gina or a friend of hers that took the younger two to Mexico...

A blog post based on Kaya’s Charley Project page and possibly some conversation with the oldest sister

I am trying to keep all the adopted kids/ages in my head (disregarding the Centeno’s older, bio children for now):

SIB SET 1 adopted in 2008 (fostered by the Centenos since ?)
Kaya (K1) - would now be 18F
Younger sib (K2) - 17F
Youngest sib (K3) - 15 or 16M

*yes, their names are out there but the bio family has requested they not be used and they are still minors

SIB SET 2 adopted sometime between 2010-2013
X1 - 11M?
X2 - 10F?

*again, their names are visible but they are still minors and not suspects! They have been reported as twins in the media; a comment Gina made on one of her posts says they are 50 weeks apart in age though who knows on trusting her statements!

I do wonder if their treatment was as positive as Gina’s FB would have us think; I doubt it, though hopefully they weren’t tortured like the others. One thing that stuck out to me, and that I saw others commenting on, is how many pictures she posted of both of them sleeping, and not at night in bed but as in, look at my silly kids, they fall asleep all the time wherever they are!

TIMELINE

2008: Kaya and her 2 siblings are officially adopted by the Centenos

2010-2011: during this school year Kaya is removed from 2nd grade at John Reed Elementary “to be homeschooled”

2010-2012: both the start of the abuse of Kaya’s siblings (K2 and K3) and Kaya’s disappearance are reported to occur during this period (as recalled and reported by K2 and K3)

2010: 2nd sibling set to be adopted by the Centenos is born; I’m not sure when they come to live with the family or when they are adopted but it has to be sometime between 2010-2013

2018-2019: K2 and K3 are taken to and left in Mexico (this is being as reported as approximately 18 months ago)

Spring/summer 2020: Neighbors in Mexico alert authorities who investigate and rescue K2 and K3, who are ultimately taken into protective custody in California

July/August 2020: Jose and Gina Centeno are arrested in CA

One thing that stands out to me from laying this all out is that the Centenos must have been approved to adopt the second sibling set right around or after the abuse of the first set began and Kaya disappeared. I have read that Kaya was removed from school because either she or a teacher reported abuse to the school, but I am not sure if that is confirmed. Regardless it is upsetting that they were somehow approved to adopt a second time!

Makes me think about how many children may be "missing", no one searching, no one even knowing of their existence much less their disappearance? I don't want to think it's possible, but WS has definitely given me an education. I hope they can get some answers as to what happened to this young girl.

Thanks for opening this thread. I just saw her name on one of those weekend flyers.

When a child is taken out of school to be homeschooled, there should be regular follow-ups to insure the safety of the child, especially if there is suspect of abuse. I wonder if the other two children adopted with her ever went to school? And, the twins?

Feb 1 2021
23 unforgettable North Coast cold cases and where each stands now

''Unsolved missing person case: Kaya Centeno went missing nearly a decade ago, but Rohnert Park police only recently became aware of her disappearance when her adoptive parents were investigated for abusing two of her siblings. Centeno, who would now be 18, was last seen by her siblings when she was between 8 and 12 years old. Her adoptive parents, Jose and Gina, were arrested Aug. 19, 2020, and charged with several crimes, including felony torture. Anyone with information about Centeno’s whereabouts can contact the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department at 707-584-2612. (Rohnert Park Public Safety Department)''

Sonoma County missing person cases

Kaya Marie Centeno was last seen around March 1, 2011. She was born in 2002 and described as 3-foot-6, 50 pounds with brown hair and eyes. She is also known as Kazzee or Kaya Whitney. Anyone with information about Centeno’s location is asked to call the Rohnert Park Police Department at 707-584-2612 and reference case number 20-2531.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back