Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How low did Prosser reservoir get during the early draw down you mention that runs from April to August 2022?
it did not get low, it was actually a little high as the snow melted and the water was drawn out. Jade pointed out waaaaay upthread that she has seen dredging machinery in the middle of the lake, I think its really silty and needs help draining. She also saw what looked like a small atoll with a tree poking out of the reservoir during the dredging!
Our reservoir here, Lake Monroe, has strange currents. Two small towns and everythjing that comes with that were submerged to form it. people drown in it regularly, they disappear suddenly, cannot be found in time in the silty choppy water. Over and over again they warn us not to swim in our reservoir without a life jacket outside of the marked beach area. and they mean even jumping off the boat but everyone does it anyway.

Last edited:
Do you have the road/trails maps handy? How would the travel to the Sanctuary happen from #4?
I found a more detailed one last week, I’ll look to see if I saved it.
Quick answer @Curiosa20, is the link in my post on Campsite #4 to that Campsite can be expanded for a wider view of roads and trails, like Google Maps. From memory there is a straight shot (dirt) road between the Sanctuary and Campground.

Here is the little map from my earlier post, blown up to better see the road between the Sanctuary and Campground.
1664585968746.png

ETA: map

Last edited:
it did not get low, it was actually a little high as the snow melted and the water was drawn out. Jade pointed out waaaaay upthread that she has seen dredging machinery in the middle of the lake, I think its really silty and needs help draining. She also saw what looked like a small atoll with a tree poking out of the reservoir! islands cause vortexes.
Our reservoir here, Lake Monroe, has strange currents. Two small towns and everythjing that comes with that were submerged.people drown in it regularly, they disappear suddenly, cannot be found in time in the silty choppy water. Over and over again they warn not to swim in our reservoir without a life jacket. and they mean even jumping off the boat but everyone does it anyway.
So there was no draw down of Prosser starting in April.

That makes more sense to me being a resident of Northern California. Typically reservoirs here are low in winter and early spring and the operators allow them to fill to capacity with snow melt when it warms up in spring and early summer. This is especially true during drought years like we have had for the last three years.

The reservoirs typically reach their highest level in early to late June and then draw downs begin. JMO.

So there was no draw down of Prosser starting in April.

That makes more sense to me being a resident of Northern California. Typically reservoirs here are low in winter and early spring and the operators allow them to fill to capacity with snow melt when it warms up in spring and early summer. This is especially true during drought years like we have had for the last three years.

The reservoirs typically reach their highest level in early to late June and then draw downs begin. JMO.
according to the survey that has been posted many times on this thread, a yearly snow melt drawdown is from April 1 til Aug, 6. and then another drawdown for Reno and surrounding areas Aug 7 til Nov. 1. They send this water all over the place. They could be drawingdown and still have high levels. Jade has pointed out they have had to use cranes in the middle of the lake in the past to facilitate draining.

That being said, I of course admit that the state of the lake currents, lake mirages,drainage , killer fog and all that comes with it are only tools to theorize my accident theory, and they do fit in with those scenarios. They do not really matter whatsoever in the theories in which her friends, or strangers, put her in the lake for whatever reason. I will stick with accident.

Last edited:
according to the survey that has been posted many times on this thread, a yearly snow melt drawdown is from April 1 til Aug, 6. and then another drawdown for Reno and surrounding areas Aug 7 til Nov. 1. They send this water all over the place. They could be drawingdown and still have high levels. Jade has pointed out they have had to use cranes in the middle of the lake in the past to facilitate draining.

That being said, I of course admit that the state of the lake currents, drainage , killer fog and all that comes with it are only tools to theorize my accident theory, and they do fit in with those scenarios. They do not really matter whatsoever in the theories in which her friends, or strangers, put her in the lake for whatever reason. I will stick with accident.
Reservoir levels that are rising is not a draw down. Here's a link that Jade provide above that supports my posts. Thanks Jade.

Very intriguing. Why the initial focus of site #4?
rsbm
All good hypotheses, @sfinkz, IMO.

It appears evidence near the Prosser Campground (at campsite #4, I wonder) may be why the FBI were at site #4. (1)

"Aug. 11: Investigators collect and bag evidence found near the Prosser Family Campground." (2)

"Aug. 12: Search dogs, aircraft and multiple law enforcement vehicles arrive at the campground on Friday morning to continue following up on leads and evidence discovered Thursday. Officials close off an area of the campground where evidence is being collected for processing in hopes of locating Kiely and her vehicle." (2)

What we know now and may not have fully understood 6 weeks ago, is the Sanctuary, where the party was held, is NOT the same location as the Prosser Family Campground. And the maps I have posted today reinforce that.

Sources:
(1) Missing Kiely Rodni: Massive search as friends reveal teen's last known footsteps in possible abduction case | Fox News
(2) Where is Kiely Rodni? Timeline of Truckee teen's disappearance from campground

ET: fix typo

Last edited:
Reservoir levels that are rising is not a draw down. Here's a link that Jade provide above that supports my posts. Thanks Jade.
Water from the category Prosser_exchange may be released to augment releases from Lake Tahoe.Although not formally addressed in legal decrees or regulations, the U.S. District Court Water Master attempts to maximize recreational use of Prosser Creek Reservoir from April 1 through Labor Day.

bolded from this link down below. Its a tedious document, one I think should be put away for now, water from Prosser may be released to augment releases from Lake Tahoe. but they DO allow for drawdowns starting in April. also, they have all kinds of draconian rules for releasing and holding water for varias reasons if necessary, floods, droughts, that sort of thing.

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/1996/0082/report.pdf
^^^^There is Jades original link from Thread #9.

Narrowing my future subject matter as the countdown to actual COD release continues. IMO Discussed enough and on hold for now are,
1.awp
2.Jagger
3.ping
4. lake mirages
5. lake undertow currents
6. draw down schedules
7. fishing schedules
8. fog
9. photo in store
1O. Nick RA
11. All car manuals
12. all phone manuals

13. any scenario where her friends dump her in lake.

Still very much into how she might have driven into the lake.
Not trying to decide for others what to discuss, JMHOO

Last edited:
Water from the category Prosser_exchange may be released to augment releases from Lake Tahoe.Although not formally addressed in legal decrees or regulations, the U.S. District Court Water Master attempts to maximize recreational use of Prosser Creek Reservoir from April 1 through Labor Day.

bolded from this link down below. Its a tedious document, one I think should be put away for now, water from Prosser may be released to augment releases from Lake Tahoe. but they DO allow for drawdowns starting in April.

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/1996/0082/report.pdf
^^^^There is Jades original link from Thread #9.
I'm talking about this year. See my link above. It's clear that water levels increased at Prosser from March until late June.

That means no draw down from April to June. That link to a document from February 1996 means nothing compared to the actual recorded lake levels from this year. JMO.

@RANCH, Jades link above you posted, shows the water levels for this year were high, but does not indicate whether they had augmented any sort of drainage for the extra water and I have stopped researching that. who knows this research we all did may come in handy down the road.:)

@RANCH, Jades link above you posted, shows the water levels for this year were high, but does not indicate whether they had augmented any sort of drainage for the extra water and I have stopped researching that. who knows this research we all did may come in handy down the road.:)
Thanks. It's time to move on from this since water levels and dam releases from the months before Kiely went missing are not relevant. JMO.

Quick answer @Curiosa20, is the link in my post on Campsite #4 to that Campsite can be expanded for a wider view of roads and trails, like Google Maps. From memory there is a straight shot (dirt) road between the Sanctuary and Campground.

Here is the little map from my earlier post, blown up to better see the road between the Sanctuary and Campground.
View attachment 370010

ETA: map
Thanks, but that’s not the very detailed map I found last week when I had an aversion to this thread. I had never seen it before in the dozens. I’ll look for it.

rsbm
All good hypotheses, @sfinkz, IMO.

It appears evidence near the Prosser Campground (at campsite #4, I wonder) may be why the FBI were at site #4. (1)

"Aug. 11: Investigators collect and bag evidence found near the Prosser Family Campground." (2)

"Aug. 12: Search dogs, aircraft and multiple law enforcement vehicles arrive at the campground on Friday morning to continue following up on leads and evidence discovered Thursday. Officials close off an area of the campground where evidence is being collected for processing in hopes of locating Kiely and her vehicle." (2)

What we know now and may not have fully understood 6 weeks ago, is the Sanctuary, where the party was held, is NOT the same location as the Prosser Family Campground. And the maps I have posted today reinforce that.

Sources:
(1) Missing Kiely Rodni: Massive search as friends reveal teen's last known footsteps in possible abduction case | Fox News
(2) Where is Kiely Rodni? Timeline of Truckee teen's disappearance from campground

ET: fix typo
There is a back “road” to Boca that crosses over Prosser Creek and heads sown the shore. It was discusses but I do ‘t remember seeing that map.
And… there are obvious restrictions on vehicles allowed per camping space. LE confirmed how many party goers? 300,400? Even at the best carpooling and some ATV’s, motrocycles, that’s still roughly 70 vehicles.
It would be much more practical to park away from the party site. Also, there is what’s called a “staging area” for ATV’s near the Sanctuary; an area where folks can offload their trailered off road toys. That may be worth analyzing in terms of parking/hanging out area.

There is a back “road” to Boca that crosses over Prosser Creek and heads sown the shore. It was discusses but I do ‘t remember seeing that map.
And… there are obvious restrictions on vehicles allowed per camping space. LE confirmed how many party goers? 300,400? Even at the best carpooling and some ATV’s, motrocycles, that’s still roughly 70 vehicles.
It would be much more practical to park away from the party site. Also, there is what’s called a “staging area” for ATV’s near the Sanctuary; an area where folks can offload their trailered off road toys. That may be worth analyzing in terms of parking/hanging out area.
i think I know what map you are talking about it looks like two descending deltas like shapes on a topical map and there are roads from the Boca area. and you can see faint fire roads on the map too. let me find it.

was it this one....

1663508171684.png

Last edited:
Just one more thing, @RANCH, looking at your link, for this years water level at prosser, you can plainly see you are right, the water level peaked in June, and also it is plain on the graph that the water level is going steadily down before the August drawdown, starting in June as you stated. So it looks like they were drawing down at the time KR went missing and started another one the day after she went missing. Now that sounds like an undertow which was all I was saying.

Maybe this whole filling up and draining out has been baked into the party for decades.
The land was taken away from the prosser family by the government when they nullified a Mexican land grant and their ranch submerged. Not saying they didnt get something, but not sure it was their choice. Maybe there is an historic feeling of government resentment that SS referred to as Lord of The Flies in that area. prosser family still lives in Truckee today for example, and I am sure many other earliest settlers families.

Last edited:
Got the maps!
I twally believe she tried to go up through or
near or along the beach. It’s much closer to the gravel/paved Prosser Family campground. No rutty road. That would lead her out to paved access to 89 after driving through Family Campground.
Is the Sanctuary above Oil Pan Hill?
But the beach path was very narrow and the slope grade was reported as about 13% degrees around Sept. 1, a difficult grade under any circumstances. That would have been more reduced space back kn 8/6.
Back with maps in next post. I’m having trouble converting them to link.

Last edited:
Got the maps!
I twally believe she tried to go up through or
near or along the beach. It’s much closer to the gravel/paved Prosser Family campground. No rutty road. That would lead her out to paved access to 89 after driving through Family Campground.
Is the Sanctuary above Oil Pan Hill?
But the beach path was very narrow and the slope grade was reported as about 13% degrees around Sept. 1, a difficult grade under any circumstances. That would have been more reduced space back kn 8/6.
Back with maps in next post. I’m having trouble converting them to link.
Hi @Curiosa20. Thought I'd try and help... went back to old posts and it turns out it was T6 where we had a map frenzy. @otto was the most significant contributor along with @wnk. I found seven posts with maps.

Here are three that may be the most helpful for your objective... and I've linked the respective posts below.

1. Otto's original map with party location, where KR parked per SS (Fox news clip) and where car was found.

1664677469784.png
2. wnk's Google Maps results - two ways home for KR...one through water below the party site (underwater on 8/6)

1664677598642.png

3. Otto's "White Road"

1664677670298.png

1. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
2. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
3. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

Hi @Curiosa20. Thought I'd try and help... went back to old posts and it turns out it was T6 where we had a map frenzy. @otto was the most significant contributor along with @wnk. I found seven posts with maps.

Here are three that may be the most helpful for your objective... and I've linked the respective posts below.

1. Otto's original map with party location, where KR parked per SS (Fox news clip) and where car was found.

View attachment 370294
2. wnk's Google Maps results - two ways home for KR...one through water below the party site (underwater on 8/6)

View attachment 370296

3. Otto's "White Road"

View attachment 370309

1. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
2. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
3. Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
Yes, Ottos road as you call it, is the road that many posters have said was the wrong turn. I for one have a terrible phobia when confronted with a forked road like that when I am confused and this case triggers that feeling more than any case, ever. When I know that lost and confused feeling, it is easy to imagine a wrong turn.

Hi I’m late to this post and not sure if it’s already been discussed or I’m even posting in the right place (I find websleuths quite tricky to navigate lol).
I had a thought about the auto repair guy’s recollection of Kiely. Maybe it wasn’t her and someone who just looked like her? Maybe the reason the girl and boy were acting weird is because Kiely was in the trunk. Idk. Just a thought.
Hi, I just joined and finding the site very difficult to nagivate and follow any open story. Am I missing something here? Is there one place to read the full story with what evidence has been presented? I’m trying to follow this story and just keep reading posts on illegal drinking.. and people comments that arent contributing relevant ideas that could help solve the case. But I could be in the wrong area. Could you please help? Hahah thanks!

Hi, I just joined and finding the site very difficult to nagivate and follow any open story. Am I missing something here? Is there one place to read the full story with what evidence has been presented? I’m trying to follow this story and just keep reading posts on illegal drinking.. and people comments that arent contributing relevant ideas that could help solve the case. But I could be in the wrong area. Could you please help? Hahah thanks!
Welcome!
To get the entire scope, you might start with thread #1 so you get opinions from many posters, its hard to get around that, whenever I join a case thread #1 is the place because otherwise its just random surmising.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back