Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this. The second to last picture really looks like in the dark you could easily veer off into the water especially if you were inebriated.

So this area is the one divers are searching, correct?
Yes, this is the area the divers are searching. The road literally becomes the boat ramp right into the water.

Being the news junkie that I am, it seems that if someone is missing along with their vehicle, they are either in a ravine or they are under water. Just my opinion.
I’m feeling encouraged that they are looking along roadways. If she did veer off the road, over an embankment, she could still be there - injured, but still alive. But the clock is running. Day 5.

I’m feeling encouraged that they are looking along roadways. If she did veer off the road, over an embankment, she could still be there - injured, but still alive. But the clock is running. Day 5.
Agree. Although with all the extensive air searches we've seen over the last several days, hopefully they would've seen something to indicate her vehicle. I do know these searches aren't perfect and many cases have shown that areas combed over multiple times end up being the site of rescue/recovery, but it does seem here there have been so many resources dedicated I'd hope it would've shown something by now.

I don't know how to quote from old thread but I wanted to reply to @Qp1990 's reply to me (rsbm)
I’ve been paying close attention, and when I was Kiely’s age only 9 years ago I was doing the exact same thing in a remote small town surrounded by woods. In a small town it can be hard to arrange a DD, so I would often drive my car out to the bush party with the intention of getting f’ed up and hitching a ride with someone else’s DD in the moment at the end of the night or finding someone to drive my car home. Doesn’t sound like a good plan, and it wasn’t, but it always worked out (in my experience, but we can call that luck). I would also lie and say I was DDing to stay out later, and ultimately when my mom found out the next morning that I ended up drinking instead, she wouldn’t be mad but relieved I didn’t drink and drive, and was more than willing to drive me to my car I left out in the bush. My mom would also fall asleep before I came home and would ask me to wake her, so I know I could push my curfew an hour or two knowing she wasn’t watching the clock, and could blame it on not finding a ride in time since I was drinking, and again, she would just be relieved I didn’t drink and drive.

Thank you for sharing this perspective. I've always been in large cities with 24-hour public transit and readily available taxi/ride shares. Most of our underage drinking was backyards of friend's houses where anyone was welcome to crash. And drinking age is 19 so we just went to bars/clubs at that point.
Any bush parties out in the county that I knew of/went to EVERYONE camped overnight or had an actual DD because anyone planning on drinking/driving would get their keys taken and a stern lecture from all their friends.
Of course drunk driving here still happens but it definitely sounds like a different party culture overall.
I appreciate again your perspective, it's very different to what I've experienced in terms of party/drinking/driving culture

They said during yesterday's presser that they would be doing another one today. I'm hoping for new information but it might just be to update about what search efforts are going on and another appeal for information
The public info. officer said there would be a press release not a press conference.

We'll continue sending out any updates as we get them. We plan to send out any potential updates and additional information tomorrow morning in a press release.

The divers were staging in the boat ramp parking lot before planned searches in areas of the reservoir, which is 60 feet deep at its nadir. Crews told Fox News Digital they planned to search underwater near the shore.

A spokesperson for the Placer County Sheriff's Office told Fox News Digital Wednesday morning that there had been no developments in the search overnight.

In a joint statement, the Placer County and Nevada County sheriffs said they’d assigned 265 personnel to the case. The number of tips received has climbed to more than 300, tripling Tuesday's total. However, authorities are still trying to find someone who witnessed Rodni leaving the party before she disappeared.
Sheriff's deputies set up a forensics tent on a ramp into Prosser Creek Reservoir and launched mini-submarines fitted with cameras in a bid to find Kiely's SUV's deputies set up a forensics tent on a ramp into Prosser Creek Reservoir and launched mini-submarines fitted with cameras in a bid to find Kiely's SUV

Sheriff's deputies set up a forensics tent on a ramp into Prosser Creek Reservoir and launched mini-submarines fitted with cameras in a bid to find Kiely's SUV

View attachment 358857
Thanks Imstilla grandma for sharing these.

PER ARTICLE- Authorities will hold a press conference this afternoon at 2pm PST.

I didn’t believe this has been shared here yet. Sami does her most extensive interview yet, starting at 9:00.

What sticks out to me as new public info:
- when she last spoke to Kiely, she heard loud party noise so she was sure Kiely was not in a car.
- there were organized fights going on
- confirmation that Kiely did not remember the conversation she had with Sami 10 min earlier, saying Sami was already heading home with someone else

<modsnip - insider information without being verified>

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t believe this has been shared here yet. Sami does her most extensive interview yet, starting at 9:00.

- when she last spoke to Kiely, she heard loud party noise so she was sure Kiely was not in a car.
- confirmation that Kiely did not remember the conversation she had with Sami 10 min earlier, saying Sami was already heading home with someone else

Organized fights??

When I saw the photos of the attendees yesterday, I started to wonder if there were a series of planned fights.
What we have not seen or heard is one single SM post describing what was going to go down that night.
I have a feeling there are teens that attended the evening reading here to stay abreast of the situation.
If so, do the right thing for Kiely and please share what you know-even if you did not go!

Last edited:
It is hard to tell from the Google Satellite image, but the party location is up on a small ridge. The dirt road coming in is in a very slight valley so noise and headlights would not really be noticed from our neighborhood, Lakeside Campground, or the Prosser Family Campground. It has only been the last couple of years I have noticed groups of kids camping there... so I think "The Sanctuary" has only recently become a hang out spot for teenagers.

Previously random "pickup truck" type guys would hang there drinking whiskey.... or last summer I remember a hippie type couple was living in their tent there for maybe 10 days.

Anyhow, it is a little more off the beaten path and in a spot that can be accessed quietly.
Has it been reported by LE, SS or MSM as to the exact location of K's parked car at the party? Orientation of where car was facing in terms direction towards exit/boat ramp. @Runin530mtns - Your aerial was one of the best I have seen yet. I would like to get a mental picture of where she was parked in relation to the boat ramp and exit road out of there. I saw 100 yds from Prosser gathering area to K's car, but don't recall if anyone posted an aerial shot of parked car location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro