Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt most local kids or even college students would be up for moving or disposing of a body. I would expect them to freak out and leave. But crazier things have happened in the past... if someone were cold and calculating enough to move, hide and dispose of a body, there are an infinite number of places they could go. Now if you were transporting from Tahoe Donner, you could easily head out on Carpenter Valley Rd and pick dozens of fire roads where you would be all alone. But personally, if the after party theory ends up being true, I bet she is found still at that location.
In the PHX area, a common spot to conceal a crime is the nearest National or State Forest Land (desert) so I concur 100%.

I have been wondering about the phone too. So odd that the last location of it as at the campground. The thing about it dying though doesn't make sense to me because it was said that Kiely and Sami charged their phones around 11:30ish.
It didn't sound like they stayed in the car to charge the phones for all too long, so the phones were only partially charged. If she continued to check the phone in an area without wifi, she would have blown through the battery more quickly.

Agree, the concern is the missing cell phone connection. Either out of battery, out of range, or turned off. I can't see going to an after party and turning off the phone.
@mooseandcoffee same thoughts as me...I think since according to SS they went to charge phone that it may have not been fully charged when she started reusing it around 12:30 and then went dead from no battery.

Not to mention, these "kids" are pretty darn close to being adults and should have some sort of sense of responsibility by this point. And there were, indeed, adults at the party. They need to speak up! IMO But with parents making excuses for them I guess it's no surprise the apples don't fall far from trees. IMO
If there were a lot of kids/young adults there, in the dark woods in the middle of the night, they maybe didn't see anything. Or they didn't know her and wouldn't realize if something was off, even if they did see something.

From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.

I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today.

1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.

Context: This time of year, right before school starts, families with second homes head back to the Bay Area. Sometimes kids of driving age or college age will stay here longer, without their parents. Other times, kids know which homes are vacant and will have after parties there. Tahoe Donner is a massive development where this happens most often in the area, and it is on KR’s likely drive home, so that’s what I’d consider most likely.

A lot of other details about KR’s habits and interests are also going around which I didn’t think are appropriate to share, but contribute to why this is my current theory.
What's the theory on why her phone stopped pinging?

About traffic cams, hotels, garages-
Two years ago today I got a frantic knock on my door. The messenger had come to inform me that a dear family friend had been found brutally murdered in his home.
The accused killer, jailed awaiting trial for almost 2 years through Covid delays - drove his Tesla charging along the way from San Diego county to Reno. He stayed in hotels until he was detained then extradited after making some kind of purported suicide attempt.
How many traffic cams, possibly automated tolls would he have driven through with an APB out on the car, not to mention possible jaunts around Reno? Not to mention it being parked at a hotel while not in use?
So don’t depend on traffic cams.
I can’t imagine how many hidey places there must be in the Tahoe Basin.
Somebody knows what happened. Kiely’s disappearance doesn’t sound like a premeditated occurrence to me but predators and opportunistic players do abound, escalation and accidents happen.
SS said in the Youtube interview yesterday- “we invited” all grades not wanting to leave anyone out and mentioned 4 schools around the Basin. Maybe through Discord? Those sound like easy questions for local parents to ask their kids.
Who is the leader of the Lord of the Flies?
Anybody local know how real the East Truckee Fight Club is?

I was really hoping to login and see an update for Keily. The longer this goes on, the more difficult it is for me to stay positive.

I still believe she is likely in water or dense forest somewhere on her route home, but I swear, every day this case becomes more convoluted with each new story that emerges. JMO.

Her Mom asked to be woken up when Kiely got home, as was their custom. Her Mom was asleep until 8 when she woke up and realized Kiely never came home. Could Kiely have finagled her curfew in the past-maybe said she forgot to wake her Mom, or jumped in the shower before and then woke her Mom, saying she had been home for longer than she had been? Some parents wait up, some sleep. Teenagers do sneak in and out at night.

If there were a lot of kids/young adults there, in the dark woods in the middle of the night, they maybe didn't see anything. Or they didn't know her and wouldn't realize if something was off, even if they did see something.
I don’t think it was pitch black dark, even without the moon, between headlights, phones, flashlights.

So that press conference was interesting....Anyone catch that the Sheriff debunked the alleged BF's claim to go to him for tips and that they take anything to LE? LE stated in the presser that wasn't true and the only tip line they have is to go through them.
SS interview on YouTube with “All American Dream Chaser”....SS states to come to Teen to Teen meetings and share at that she will take info to LE. To be fair, I think given the nature of social media exposure and usage, these teens are much more savvy and comfortable to just insert themselves and say "hit me up" as a matter of them helping the effort (and as a way to get info without direct LE involvement which may hinder getting the info).

Wouldn't it be nice if all MPs and their loved ones get this amount of support? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around "more than 50" FBI agents assisting local LE & SAR teams in their efforts to find Kiely. This seems soooo different from the typical MP cases we see. :confused: Makes me think there must be much more to the story than has been reported. I hope they can find Kiely quickly. MOO
Could the FBI be there due to the fact the Park is a Federal Park? I don't know why most missing persons do not get this kind of support

From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.
I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today. ...
1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.
Sadly I am coming to a conclusion similar to this. I have been too busy with work, I have not reached out my social network aside through my daughter to see if I can gather any more information. From the pressers, I see some good friends right next the LE reporting on the daily events.... although I doubt they can tell me anything....

Either way, I have a similar feeling that something very bad happened and there is definitely a small group of people (non-local or perhaps local) that know something. <modsnip: Please don't reference any conversations with investigators>

This community is used to some great highs (one of my daughter's former soccer teammates competed in her first Winter Olympics this past Feb)... but then there are some lows (from the same soccer team another dying less than a month later <modsnip>

Anyhow, this just makes me sad. I am still hopeful, but I am beginning to lose faith....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think this is the case of some college age or young adults coming to this party in 2-3 vehicles. They party have fun and one goes off with Kiely. I am not sure if the intentions were bad, but something bad happened. Either there or somewhere he was familiar with. He then shows back up within his friend group, says we just ended up going hone. No one from the part knows him and no one he came with sees his story as out of the ordinary.

We just need to have someone from the party to come forward with information that they saw her leave and in which direction she went. If she was parked by where the pin in on the map online then we probably know a lot if she went left or right on the way out. One way heads out and the other heads to the boat ramp.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Because we never know who may be reading here, please do not post or discuss information that is part of an investigation unless it is information that is released by LE.

While locals may share information about geography / topography, businesses, local flavor, etc, please do not share rumors/hearsay or questions/answers related to FBI agent interviews in the neighbourhood. It's counter-productive to the success of their case, and if the FBI want to share information with the public about their ongoing investigation, they will do so by publicizing directly or through MSM.

Members can sleuth, share, and discuss whatever they want via private messaging conversations where up to 20 other members can be added to the group. Whatever is discussed in PM is not to be posted on the public thread.

Great photos thanks

Do you know if those awful, nosisy ROV off-road vehicles are allowed in the area nearby or in the region where the party was? They are so very annoying near residences, especially at night.

Someone in one of those could have been attracted by the noise or lights of the party and gone over to check it out in the wee hours, maybe came across an intoxicated or incapacitated KR.
Herat- do you know if the Prosser Pits area is the Sanctuary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman