Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know alcohol can hit people differently according to how much they weigh, if they ate food beforehand, type of alcohol, etc. But Kiely arrived around 10pm and SS noticed she was too intoxicated to drive at 11pm. Only 1 hour. Alcohol can start to have an effect 10 minutes after drinking it, but Kiely said she planned on getting "f'***ed up, so she may have been drinking quickly.

Also, at one point SS says they were separated for a length of time. There's no way to confirm or not confirm what Kiely ingested during that time, so it's difficult to say that they both only consumed the same thing. A 200-300 group of teens and college kids - there were tons of different things to drink and take, guaranteed.

I"m getting foul play vibes the more information that comes out. People aren't talking for a reason.
I think the timing might be slightly off. From what I recall didn't they arrange that Kiely would take Sami home when they went to Kiely's car to charge their phones at 11 pm.? I think Sami said it was about an hour later that she wasn't in a fit state to drive.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

I wish I could find the article now, but I know Kiely’s mom was quoted somewhere saying she (KR) has an ex-boyfriend who lives out of town now and that he is NOT a suspect- was cleared by LE and had returned to town and was staying at the lodge now helping the family look. So this other individual FBI is asking about must be a new male acquaintance or boyfriend.
Speaking of the lodge, this magazine layout from 2015 focuses on the lodge, Lindsey and her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
They asked us if we ever heard of a particular person's name... which was little unusual name. We did not, but apparently it could be the name of some type of BF.
snipped for focus.

This question doesn't come out of the air imo. There is a reason.

May be that there was some dude there who came across as weird or creepy (or not), but maybe he was seen with Kiely at some point. Said his name was such and such.
No one knows who he is. Not local.

My thought process is that it may not have been widespread and may have happened after the majority of people left. Say that the older crowd/out of towners stayed later. She was already intoxicated and a small group broke out some more of the "fun stuff". An adverse reaction in someone with a low tolerance/light weight could have happened. Like you said though, nothing is off the table. It just may be an alternative to a straight up kidnapping.
Interesting, and IMO it makes sense.
Kiely could have truly been planning to leave at the time she told her mom.
Then, someone could have offered her something "fun," and it could have knocked her for a loop.
A couple of folks could have panicked and taken her somewhere in her car, left her there, and GHT outta Dodge.
It's a stretch, and a bit complicated, but a group of them may have been a bit too high and paranoid to know better.
Still hoping for good news, but the days are passing by...

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Could this be a car jacking. One or more of the people from out of the area don't have transport home and see an easy opportunity.
Very interesting theory that I had not thought of. Someone takes the car, she is high/drunk and gets lost in the woods. Ideal scenario as there is a small chance she may still be alive. One of the things a friend of mine in Tahoe pointed out is that it gets very very dark out there. Maybe some locals can comment but I wonder what the lighting was like that night, if the moon was out that late?

snipped for focus.

This question doesn't come out of the air imo. There is a reason.

May be that there was some dude there who came across as weird or creepy (or not), but maybe he was seen with Kiely at some point. Said his name was such and such.
No one knows who he is. Not local.
I think he must be someone with some kind of connection to the area though, otherwise they may not say could be some kind of boyfriend.

The hoodie shown *is* from the party - someone loaned it to Kiely. Is that correct?
Not my understanding based on photos released by LE. Looks like a ad from a website. I believe it is a lyric to a Lana Del Ray song....Lana Del Ray logo is on the back.

Ok... just spent 30mins talking to 2 FBI agents who are going door to door in our neighborhood. Interviewed myself and my younger daughter.

We told them as much as we knew and they asked to keep our eyes and ears open to kids that were there. My daughter is friends with some of the older siblings of other kids that were there, and she kinda knows SS. They reiterated that no one is in trouble and kids can be forthcoming with information... they simply want to find her. They were very friendly and really trying their best.

<modsnip: Please don't post information that LE may not want publicized>
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

One other option would be to take Prosser Dam Road to Boca Reservoir and join I-80 east from Boca to Reno. You'd still be on a major freeway, but you could avoid some traffic cams / plate readers if you got off in Verdi and took some of the back roads to Reno.

Another option would be to travel up to Sierra Valley off of Dog Valley road north on Smithneck Road to Loyalton, up 49 to 70 (which both have little traffic at night) to 395 at Hallelujah Junction and then south to Reno. There is a Caltrans camera at Hallelujah Junction, and then more Nevada traffic cameras coming into Reno, but LE might not think to link up a trip from Truckee via this route.

I think the timing might be slightly off. From what I recall didn't they arrange that Kiely would take Sami home when they went to Kiely's car to charge their phones at 11 pm.? I think Sami said it was about an hour later that she wasn't in a fit state to drive.
I just went back and reread the timeline and I completely misread it. Thank you for pointing that out.

SS said that noticed KR was too intoxicated to drive when they went back to charge their phones in the car. That is when KR asked SS if she needed a ride home and SS said no. This is based on one of the first statements from SS.

Ironically, it says "You don't want to be forgotten you just want to disappear, which apparently is a lyric from a Lana Del Rey song, and I cannot help but wonder if she especially liked THAT hoodie, and asked to borrow it, or whether it is just a really creepy coincidence that someone offered to lend her one that had that printed on it. JMO
It’s chillingly and spookily ironic at this point in time.

SS said that noticed KR was too intoxicated to drive when they went back to charge their phones in the car. That is when KR asked SS if she needed a ride home and SS said no. This is based on one of the first statements from SS.
Do you have a link to confirm it? because I really don't remember that being said. Not to say I'm right though!

Who called 911/reported her missing and at what time?
August 5, 11:30 p.m. - Lindsey Nieman, Kiely's mother who gave Kiely permission to attend a party at the Prosser Campground received a text from her daughter asking if her curfew could be extended to 12:30 a.m.

August 6, 12 a.m. - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 a.m.

August 6, 8 a.m. - Kiely's Mother woke up not knowing where her daughter was. She checked Kiely's phone location and it stated her last location was at the Prosser Campground. She called Kielys best friend who said she left the party early and was supposed to meet at a Starbucks to go camping at 9 a.m. Kiely's friends go to the Prosser Campground and did not find Kiely or her car.

August 6, 9 a.m. - Kiely's Friends and mother wait at Starbucks in Truckee hoping Kiely would arrive for their scheduled camping trip, but Kiely does not show up. Kiely's Mother calls the Police to file a missing person report.

August 6, 7:30 p.m. - Placer County Sheriff's Office releases a missing person statement.

August 7 - Family pleads for public help.

<modsnip>

Very interesting theory that I had not thought of. Someone takes the car, she is high/drunk and gets lost in the woods. Ideal scenario as there is a small chance she may still be alive. One of the things a friend of mine in Tahoe pointed out is that it gets very very dark out there. Maybe some locals can comment but I wonder what the lighting was like that night, if the moon was out that late?
Google says the full moon will be August 11, 2022, so it's possible given a clear sky it was fairly bright early Saturday am, August 6, as it entered its first quarter stage.

Not my understanding based on photos released by LE. Looks like a ad from a website. I believe it is a lyric to a Lana Del Ray song....Lana Del Ray logo is on the back.
My understanding is that LE were just showing a pic of what the hoodie looks like, but the actual hoodie is missing, and presumed to still be with her, I suppose. They consider that it could be a key piece of evidence, and it is now included on the description of her on the FBI missing poster.

Kiely Mai Rodni was last seen near the Prosser Lake Campground in Truckee, California. She attended a large party there and was last seen on August 6, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m. Her vehicle, a 2013 silver Honda CRV with license plate 8YUR127, is also missing. Kiely was last seen wearing a black spaghettistrap bodysuit, green Dickies brand pants with a black grommet belt, and black Vans brand shoes. She was in possession of a dark gray Lana Del Ray

Sorry about that, my wording was misleading. I meant a hoodie like the one shown was loaned to Kiely during the party. I never meant it was the same hoodie. As far as I know nothing belonging to Kiely, including articles of clothing, have been located so far.

August 5, 11:30 p.m. - Lindsey Nieman, Kiely's mother who gave Kiely permission to attend a party at the Prosser Campground received a text from her daughter asking if her curfew could be extended to 12:30 a.m.

August 6, 12 a.m. - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 a.m.

August 6, 8 a.m. - Kiely's Mother woke up not knowing where her daughter was. She checked Kiely's phone location and it stated her last location was at the Prosser Campground. She called Kielys best friend who said she left the party early and was supposed to meet at a Starbucks to go camping at 9 a.m. Kiely's friends go to the Prosser Campground and did not find Kiely or her car.

August 6, 9 a.m. - Kiely's Friends and mother wait at Starbucks in Truckee hoping Kiely would arrive for their scheduled camping trip, but Kiely does not show up. Kiely's Mother calls the Police to file a missing person report.

August 6, 7:30 p.m. - Placer County Sheriff's Office releases a missing person statement.

August 7 - Family pleads for public help.

Curious about the 8am entry - "her last location was at the campground." Does that mean she knew that it last pinged there at 12:30am or so? Or that she felt she was still there as if an app like "Find My Friends" showed the phone still active and so she must be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x