Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would definitely be good to know more about the ping. It sounds like it was very close in time to when SS said Kiely called her (12:33 vs 12:36). So I'd guess that's the event that created the final ping.

I'm far from an expert, but from doing some research it sounds like there are a number of events that can trigger a ping:
  • any incoming or outgoing call/text/data use/etc
  • any time a phone switches cell towers
  • any time a phone enters airplane mode
  • at a set interval (usually a number of hours)
Given that, I don't think we can confidently say that KR's phone was turned off/submerged at exactly 12:33. As long as she didn't use it and she didn't travel far enough to connect to a new cell tower, the phone would not have pinged. She could have stayed at the party for a while after the event that triggered the 12:33 ping.

What we can probably say is that she didn't drive far enough away to connect to a new cell tower. Or if she did, her phone was already off or in airplane mode.
Yes, Looks like last ping was the phone call. If she left, there would have been another tower somewhere along the path. Phone However, there may be large areas of no signal on the route as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xutehosaulle