Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can’t believe Roadside Nick’s story is credible—and that no one from LE has piped up to confirm that it was (or was not)’ KRs car. That is ALL hearsay, AFAIC, as we have no source for that other than a fan of AWP saying he saw them a whole week after she went missing.

Supposedly the tow company locked down the video and turned it in to LE. If that’s the case, how did Doug get that confirmation that it was her car? He said himself the tow company wouldn’t release it to anyone but LE. He has also edited the AWP video since it was first posted—that seems sketchy to me, removing details here and there. MOO.

Also, in the absence of proof, I think it’s absolutely ludicrous to think someone got KRs car in there after folks knew she was missing with no one seeing. It’s next to a campground full of people, in a place where people were looking for her. MOO, but this didn’t happen.

It’s a crying disservice to their family to let this hearsay get quite so wild with no proof furnished to anyone.
MOO.

Edited for clarity and typos.
Sometimes facts are stranger than fiction.

Sometimes facts are stranger than fiction.
Very good point.
I honestly can’t believe Roadside Nick’s story is credible—and that no one from LE has piped up to confirm that it was (or was not)’ KRs car. That is ALL hearsay, AFAIC, as we have no source for that other than a fan of AWP saying he saw them a whole week after she went missing.

Supposedly the tow company locked down the video and turned it in to LE. If that’s the case, how did Doug get that confirmation that it was her car? He said himself the tow company wouldn’t release it to anyone but LE. He has also edited the AWP video since it was first posted—that seems sketchy to me, removing details here and there. MOO.

Also, in the absence of proof, I think it’s absolutely ludicrous to think someone got KRs car in there after folks knew she was missing with no one seeing. It’s next to a campground full of people, in a place where people were looking for her. MOO, but this didn’t happen.

It’s a crying disservice to their family to let this hearsay get quite so wild with no proof furnished to anyone.
MOO.

Edited for clarity and typos.
BBM
In reference to the bolded parts:

IF the roadside guys story is accurate, I would imagine LE would not want that to get out and scare any party involved in the "incident" to flee.

We will just have to wait and see what happens. Although with so many mistakes that have been made public; it's really hard to say how good of investigation can be done or how good (what we don't know about) it is being done

Ok consider this, there would be a log for the service call and a timestamp on the footage submitted by the Roadside Assistance company so if it was earlier the day of the party it may not hold as much weight for LE, so there wouldn't be a point submitting it but if it was the day after the party and after she was reported miissing (and I am assuming it was) it is critical to submit that footage which the company did, now if they didn't submit it would tragic.

Re: RA log and video

The fact that the tow company submitted it to LE carries tremendous weight that it IS factual. The company would have reviewed it and based on the date, time, vehicle, and plate, realized it was either evidence or just mistaken identity. They DID submit it, which speaks volumes.

Similarly, LE then proceeded with the kidnapping theory protocol - so it must have been pretty persuasive to them, also. If it were a false lead, they’d have said so already.

The fact that the tow company submitted it to LE carries tremendous weight that it IS factual. The company would have reviewed it and based on the date, time, vehicle, and plate, realized it was either evidence or just mistaken identity. They DID submit it, which speaks volumes.

Similarly, LE then proceeded with the kidnapping theory protocol - so it must have been pretty persuasive to them, also. If it were a false lead, they’d have said so already.

Is that how things worked? I’d have thought that once Nick sent in his tip, that LE would have requested the log and footage, and reviewed it themselves, rather than trusting the tow company judgement.

MOO —and a question as to how things work.

<rsbm>

Just for the record going forward, Kiely was last seen Saturday, August 6 approx 12:33 am. The auto service guy said it was somewhere around 11:00 am to noon Saturday, Aug. 6 or Sunday, Aug. 7.
Sorry— I wasn’t clear. He didn’t report having seen them for an entire week after he claims to have seen them. A week. Under a rock? Maybe.

MOO.

Is that how things worked? I’d have thought that once Nick sent in his tip, that LE would have requested the log and footage, and reviewed it themselves, rather than trusting the tow company judgement.

I think the date is important. Because it takes resources. Plus I don't think LE would be asking for footage earlier on the day of the party. LE most probably requested footage of the party, and perhaps just shortly before the party would have started. The only reason I can think of LE asking for before the party is if they wanted to see if anyone was following her, that's only a guess as to why they may ask for footage the hours before. MOO. Maybe the RA company realized that the service call was placed after she went missing because it was public knowledge by that time. Its also possible Nick told his company that he realized it was her after hearing about her disappearance or seeing the missing person's posters of her. I think Nick would have to see her image somehow to come to his conclusion and talk to his company to perhaps save the footage so that the company can send it to LE. MOO

I would like LE to acknowledge that they received the tip and the footage. A guy whose last name we don’t know says his (as yet unnamed) company locked down the footage and locked it in.

If they did, and it was reported to be her car for sure, why did LE not update their timeline to the time stamp on the video footage? (car last seen on Saturday, August 6th at xx time, for example) since the car and Kr would still have been missing even a week later when the tip was submitted?

LE did nothing of the sort. So it’s hard for me to believe they received footage indicating it was KRs car.

Now, we know that Nick and Doug will say that LE ignored Nick, but… I’m not so sure. This scenario is SO far fetched (the one where the guy reports it a week later, and the same one where the car would have to have been dumped without a soul knowing). I just can’t believe it.

MOO, but Nick’s word just doesn’t pass my sniff test.

YMMv.

I think the date is important. Because it takes resources. Plus I don't think LE would be asking for footage earlier on the day of the party. LE most probably requested footage of the party, and perhaps just shortly before the party would have started. The only reason I can think of LE asking for before the party is if they wanted to see if anyone was following her, that's only a guess as to why they may ask for footage the hours before. MOO. Maybe the RA company realized that the service call was placed after she went missing because it was public knowledge by that time. Its also possible Nick told his company that he realized it was her after hearing about her disappearance or seeing the missing person's posters of her. I think Nick would have to see her image somehow to come to his conclusion and talk to his company to perhaps save the footage so that the company can send it to LE.
Nick said he saw her and the car the day after the party (when she would already have been late getting home by 12 hours or more). He says he realized it a week later and reported it to his company, and then they locked down the footage so they wouldn’t allow him to take a look or anything.

Seems sus to me. MOO. Would have been easy as hell for them to confirm with him that it was her car. He said in the first interview that they did. It do that.

Do we know that they did? Because LE didn’t update their timeline or indicate that the car was seen the day after the party.

I would like LE to acknowledge that they received the tip and the footage. A guy whose last name we don’t know says his (as yet unnamed) company locked down the footage and locked it in.

If they did, and it was reported to be her car for sure, why did LE not update their timeline to the time stamp on the video footage? (car last seen on Saturday, August 6th at xx time, for example) since the car and Kr would still have been missing even a week later when the tip was submitted?

LE did nothing of the sort. So it’s hard for me to believe they received footage indicating it was KRs car.

Now, we know that Nick and Doug will say that LE ignored Nick, but… I’m not so sure. This scenario is SO far fetched (the one where the guy reports it a week later, and the same one where the car would have to have been dumped without a soul knowing). I just can’t believe it.

MOO, but Nick’s word just doesn’t pass my sniff test.

YMMv.
I hear what you are saying but we don't know when the company submitted the footage it could have been a few hours after the service call. But the important aspect would be to save that critical footage. And that can only happen after Nick realizes it was a possible sighting of her.

Nick said he saw her and the car the day after the party (when she would already have been late getting home by 12 hours or more). He says he realized it a week later and reported it to his company, and then they locked down the footage so they wouldn’t allow him to take a look or anything.

Seems sus to me. MOO. Would have been easy as hell for them to confirm with him that it was her car. He said in the first interview that they did. It do that.
I could be wrong but it was a week later that he told AWP. Where does it state that Nick realized it was her a week later.

I could be wrong but it was a week later that he told AWP. Where does it state that Nick realized it was her a week later.
I understood that he said he went to detectives with the info a week after KR went missing. He told AWP when they came to look for her, which was two weeks later.

Again—we have no clear timeline or any corroboration from LE of when he reported to the tow company, when the tow company reported to LE, etc.

LE would have made a big deal of this, as tow truck driver Nick (if indeed it were KRs car) would have been the last known person to see KR’s car before it went into the reservoir.
They did not.

We are really supposed to believe this happened?

MOO.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying but we don't know when the company submitted the footage it could have been a few hours after the service call. But the important aspect would be to save that critical footage. And that can only happen after Nick realizes it was a possible sighting of her.
No—they guy said he did not realize for a week that he had seen KR’s car. Then he says he reported it to detectives. So, the tow company wouldn’t have even known for a week that anything was suspicious/wouldn’t have knows there was anything to report.

A week later, the driver actually tracked down AWP (saw their trailer driving and followed them to a Best Buy to deliver his news and do an interview).

MOO.

Yep. Black van's per this poster.

View attachment 365535

To me the sneakers look white and the belt black and white in the CCTV footage taken at the shop. There was also mentioning of a different hoody; white and pink colored. At first the cross tattoo was left out, later added, so the description has changed a couple of times and it's most likely she changed some clothes before going to the party. (if SS's description was accurate) Borrowed them or maybe she had clothing in her car...Idk.

Am I the only one who thinks 'charging our phones in the car' is a euphemism for something else? (getting high etc)
I don't think so. In my experience, kids don't want their phones to die, especially when they are out all day and it's hard to find an outlet. The only option sometimes is someone's car.

On the other hand, a vehicle is a good place to party without being seen, so there's no reason why they couldn't have been doing both.

No—they guy said he did not realize for a week that he had seen KR’s car. Then he says he reported it to detectives. So, the tow company wouldn’t have even known for a week that anything was suspicious/wouldn’t have knows there was anything to report.

A week later, the driver actually tracked down AWP (saw their trailer driving and followed them to a Best Buy to deliver his news and do an interview).

MOO.
if the story of the tow truck guy is considered credible then why is the tow truck company not releasing the CCTV footage from his truck's dashcam?

I understood that he said he went to detectives with the info a week after KR went missing. He told AWP when they came to look for her, which was two weeks later.

Again—we have no clear timeline or any corroboration from LE of when he reported to the tow company, when the tow company reported to LE, etc.

LE would have made a big deal of this, as tow truck driver Nick (if indeed it were KRs car) would have been the last known person to see KR’s car before it went into the reservoir.
They did not.

We are really supposed to believe this happened?

MOO.

Edited for clarity
Didn't LE say about 2 weeks into the investigation that out of 1000 tips, none had turned into a lead?

Maybe it was actually Saturday morning and LE found no connection to her disappearance?

It's never been verified that it was Keily, correct? There are probably many teenagers that look similar to Keily. He said it took him a week to realize it was her?

If the incident happened the day after the party then I doubt it was Keily he saw. Why tell her mom she would be 15 minutes late and then intentionally not go home? She had to be up early for the camping trip. That she didn't tell her parents or any of her friends she was going somewhere after the party doesn't seem likely. She reportedly wasn't in any condition to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3