CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The crux of the case involves L.A. County Sheriff's deputies who took photos of the bodies of Kobe and daughter Gianna at the crash scene and then shared them with colleagues. In one case, a deputy allegedly showed the photos to a woman at a bar, and the bartender is the one who blew the whistle on him.

This is interesting. I have not read much about this case. But it could have far reaching implications. A doctor I used to work with, had a group of other docs, where they would send each other pictures of people who had ophthalmology issues. It was like a game for them, "Can you TOP THIS" in gruesome pics of people's eyes. I won't go into it...but it was strange.

Similar to this case. They always stated it was "education".

“Education” at others expense.

I feel like some of society has become numb to real walking around life. Like it’s a rush to post/share/ embellish a photo or video for personal attention. At all, or any cost. Instant gratification over rides everything/anything/all things.

The - I don’t remember- defense just infuriates me.

MOO

Last edited:
A top-ranking Los Angeles County Sheriff’s official apologized to Vanessa Bryant and Christopher Chester from the witness stand Tuesday after being pressed about apparent lies he told regarding photos a deputy shared at a bar of victims from the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna Bryant, and seven more.

A top-ranking Los Angeles County Sheriff’s official apologized to Vanessa Bryant and Christopher Chester from the witness stand Tuesday after being pressed about apparent lies he told regarding photos a deputy shared at a bar of victims from the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna Bryant, and seven more.

It's a start to something but at this point, it's a bit like shoving a marshmallow through a keyhole. In my opinion the damage has been done, public trust has been betrayed, there were virtually no consequences for their actions and knowing that there are images of Nicole Simpson's brutal crime (images of the victims) splashed over the internet, I fully understand why Vanessa would want to prevent the same.

I'm still not convinced that all of the shared images have been deleted.

I'm not a gamer so I asked someone who is a serious gamer about the photos shared while playing Call of Duty and he offered me his best suggestions on how photos could be shared while gaming.

The first would be a simple text message, which is certainly possible but he indicated that it's not a common way to share when gaming because you can simply send images and screenshots to your group directly through the game, which makes me a bit uncomfortable because those images can be saved by others.

Another way he claims he uses to share images is throgh an external communication app. Discord and Line are favorites and he tells me that he often saves screenshots from his discord account directly to his phone.

Both game accounts and apps are only as secure as the password and we've come to learn that none of them are overly converned about privacy so it actually could be the more people than we think had access to the images.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jury finds Los Angeles County must pay Kobe Bryant’s widow $16 million over photos of his body at helicopter crash site. Chris Chester awarded $15 million.

Last edited:

Looking at the newborn pics, I'm reminded of how young all of the victims of this horrific crash were. Kobe today would only be age 44. :(

The figure includes a newly agreed upon payment from the county of $13.5 million along with the $15 million a federal jury awarded Bryant’s widow, Vanessa Bryant, at a trial in August.

The agreement resolves any future claims by Bryant’s three surviving daughters, related issues pending in state court, and other costs. A proposed settlement order, which a judge must approve, was filed Tuesday in federal court.

“Today marks the successful culmination of Mrs. Bryant’s courageous battle to hold accountable those who engaged in this grotesque conduct,” Bryant’s attorney Luis Li said in a statement. “She fought for her husband, her daughter, and all those in the community whose deceased family were treated with similar disrespect.”

Mira Hashmall, the attorney representing LA County, called the statement “fair and reasonable” adding, “We hope Ms. Bryant and her children continue to heal from their loss.”

Kobe Bryant, the former Lakers star, five-time NBA champion and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, was traveling with Gianna and seven others to a youth basketball game when the helicopter they were aboard crashed into hills in Calabasas west of Los Angeles on Jan. 26, 2020.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back