CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if her remains were found in an area they never expected. Which lead to "others" who were never on LE's radar. They have gotten the DNA results back, made a positive ID, it is indeed Kristin. Now they make an announcement and watch ... All just MOO.
Yes other victims found along with Kristin? and or others that are complicit

There was an earlier date rape that was never taken seriously or pursued by LE

The teen victim recalls two voices and two dropping her off at her doorstep

I wonder if this had anything to do with this, from 2016:

Police dig up university site hunting for missing college student Kristin Smart | Daily Mail Online

“Police and FBI agents have started excavated a site on the edge of California Polytechnic State University in the hope of finding the remains of a student who vanished more than 20 years ago.”

Snip

“Obviously, we want to be as optimistic as possible and we hope that this leads us to either Kristin or evidence of Kirstin.'

The site, in hilly terrain next to a campus parking lot, was one of several identified in January by dogs specially trained in detecting the scent of old human remains.”

Snip

“The location was disclosed because of its high visibility but the other sites are being kept secret because 'we do not want to tip our hat to the possible suspect or suspects out there,' Parkinson said.

He added: 'We have developed this lead over the past couple of years and have been working on it. This lead was determined, or developed, after a comprehensive review of the entire case.'”

Snip

“Around 25 FBI agents and more than two dozen sheriff's deputies were expected to take part in the excavation, using more sophisticated technology than was available 20 years ago.”

Nothing was ever found in that dig. The benefit Tony Cipolla mentions is IMO, they know after digging in that hillside, Kristin is not there.
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article171678792.html

Nothing was ever found in that dig. The benefit Tony Cipolla mentions is IMO, they know after digging in that hillside, Kristin is not there.
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article171678792.html

Yeah, I was thinking about the “other sites” they mentioned that they were keeping private and “working on”.

Maybe they found an item, did some testing on it and found to be linked..but then why would some sort of media ruckus occur (if we are reading into that statement correctly)...

—-

From the above link:

“But it won’t say what — if anything — was gained from the four-day operation.”

Read more here: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article171678792.html#storylink=cpy

—-

Maybe technology has somehow just made a hit on items they collected.

Could she be alive? It completely different suspect? What a strange thing to tell her family.

I agree. This is such a strange thing to tell her family.

My brain is trying to be logical about this and say that there is no possible way, but what if she has been found alive, or they have found (photographic) evidence she was alive ?

The FBI has told Kristin's mother "Be ready, this really going to be something you don't expect. We want to give you the support you need."

Her parents had her death declared in 2002 on the 6th anniversary of her disappearance.

Their hope and expectation would be one day to find her body and bring her home to bury her.

Are they preparing her parents for a 'media circus' when it is announced she is or was alive after that night? That's why they have suggested a spokesperson and that they may want to 'get away for a while.'?

I can't even imagine being her parents right now and what they are thinking!

JMO

Yeah this is driving me bananas, can’t even imagine her poor family.

All these different thoughts are going through my head, some seem outlandish.

Will wait for the news before speculating further or I’ll be here all day going “what if....”

—/

Last “what if” - it seems PF is a viable suspect, and that there may be another one involved moo—-I wonder if DNA (mattress, item collected, etc.) has somehow linked her case to some other notorious cases, perhaps SK.

—-

Idk weird lingo from LE, that’s for sure.

Given all the alleged accusations of other sexual assaults and creepy behavior over the years...

What are the chances he was able to stop...

They may have him on a recent Rape charge but that still does not explain the FBI message...

It might give the family a sense of some justice knowing he will be locked up but I think it has to directly relate to Kristin

From listening to the podcast many people have come forward...might just be a very credible witness to what happened that night

sorry that was a ramble

My brain is trying to be logical about this and say that there is no possible way, but what if she has been found alive, or they have found (photographic) evidence she was alive ?

The FBI has told Kristin's mother "Be ready, this really going to be something you don't expect. We want to give you the support you need."

Her parents had her death declared in 2002 on the 6th anniversary of her disappearance.

Their hope and expectation would be one day to find her body and bring her home to bury her.

Are they preparing her parents for a 'media circus' when it is announced she is or was alive after that night? That's why they have suggested a spokesperson and that they may want to 'get away for a while.'?

JMO
The biggest media circus I can imagine is her being alive but being held captive all these years......

Last edited:
What about the GSK?

Crosschecking dates.

Golden State Killer suspect was arrested in 1996 Super Bowl ticket ruse – but was released

—-

Maybe he confessed? Just trying to think of things that would be high profile, etc.

—-

NorCal rapist? He worked for UC Berkeley.

Roy Charles Waller - Wikipedia
Oh geez GSK That really would not surprise me. (Speaking of which, haven’t yet seen a link to his hearing today...hoping it’s still on!)If he was cruising the area that night, he could have seen her, right?? a perfect storm right there. IDK though...why would PF’s lawyer offer Kristin’s family that deal IF PF had nothing to do with it? So frustrating MOO

Lots of posts on Twitter from NBC and CNN that have heard from the FBI and they are unaware of any big development. Maybe someone did prank Kristin's mother after all. There are sick individuals out there that would do something like this.

Lots of posts on Twitter from NBC and CNN that have heard from the FBI and they are unaware of any big development. Maybe someone did prank Kristin's mother after all. There are sick individuals out there that would do something like this.

I just googled “NBC” and “Kristin Smart” to find the tweets, and came across this article from September 2016; it seems they did collect some items of interest:

'Items of Interest' found in search for Kristin Smart, student missing since '96

“"Items of interest have been recovered and are now being analyzed," the sheriff’s office said in a statement. It did not disclose what items were found.”

Snip

“"We’re not sure where this is going to take us," Parkinson said. Obviously, we want to be as optimistic as possible and we hope this leads us to either Kristin or evidence of Kristin.””

Snip

“Investigators are also focused on other areas as well, but Parkinson said those locations would not be identified due to the ongoing investigation.”

Snip

“"We are confident that the 'person of interest' will soon be held accountable for taking her life and harboring her remains for over 20 years," they said.”

Last edited:

JMO
I don't believe they have left the Smart family hanging. IMO "they know", this is a LE tactic. The only ones left hanging are US o_O

Whatever it is, they have to be certain that they maintain the status quo, and nothing changes between now and when they release the information...i.e., someone confessed and is already in custody and is in no danger of fleeing or taking their own life; her remains have been ID'd somehow; etc.

This takes me away from the hopeful thought that she's still alive and has been identified, as there are chances she could maybe not want to be connected with this again.

BUT if that was the case, the FBI would have an obligation to the family still, right?

Heading down my own rabbit hole :0) (MOO)

I’m new to this entire story. I just read a lot of the articles about PF the other girls etc. Who thinks PF did something to Kristen? He dragged the one girl back to her house. He seemed like a rapist IMO not a killer.

I’m new to this entire story. I just read a lot of the articles about PF the other girls etc. Who thinks PF did something to Kristen? He dragged the one girl back to her house. He seemed like a rapist IMO not a killer.

I think many of us are new to this case. I certainly have a lot of catching up and reading to do.

I do whether she fought back or she was drugged by him and overdosed, he did have a black eye and scratches days after....

ETA: he has angry issues as noted in the podcast he attacked fellow middle schooler and caused severe damage (requiring days of hospitalization) and was ordered to pay medical bills....other instances were discussed but can't recall so I do think rape was intention but ended in murder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member