CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was using an alias or fake documents at one point but surely he would be booked under his real name....

ETA: it is obvious I think Paul is responsible for Kristin's death...I am wondering if he may have committed a whole slew of other crimes under his alias but people only knew him by the fake name (hope that makes since) just jumped into my head after I posted
There’s a woman who went missing in southern ca that people tie to PF too

No matter what, I think we’ll get some clarity here in the next hours and days.

This story is being picked up nationally, and the FBI is going to have to definitively shoot it down, or make a move.

A comment from a spokesman saying that they’re not aware of details being made public, isn’t going to cut it.

There’s a woman who went missing in southern ca that people tie to PF too
Very Interesting. I have seen the allegations of rape but have not come across that yet.

I am not surprised. I would actually be more surprised if poor Kristin was his only victim. Thanks for that...

ETA: aha on episode 6 of podcast....can't wait for episode 7

Last edited:

This story is being picked up nationally, and the FBI is going to have to definitively shoot it down, or make a move.

A comment from a spokesman saying that they’re not aware of details being made public, isn’t going to cut it.

I sure hope there is credible resolution to this case SOON!

Does anyone else find it interesting that the heads up came from the FBI, but any forth coming information is to come from the SO?

All I know about this case is what I’ve read in the past several pages in this thread, but I’m already of the opinion that unless there’s a huge twist, any information linking PF wouldn’t really be considered “unexpected”.
Just MOO...

Does anyone else find it interesting that the heads up came from the FBI, but any forth coming information is to come from the SO?

All I know about this case is what I’ve read in the past several pages in this thread, but I’m already of the opinion that unless there’s a huge twist, any information linking PF wouldn’t really be considered “unexpected”.
Just MOO...
I still think an arrest would be unexpected, especially now.

Decades have past, and the family is convinced that PF is the killer. I don’t think they had a great deal of hope that the case was going anywhere though. Knowing who did it, and proving who did it, are two very different things.

So I do think a development like that would fit.

Fox News ran with the story 15 hours ago and said the following:

Fox News has reached out to the family for comment on the paper's reporting.

"The Smart family stands behind the Stockton Record’s January 18th story," a family spokesman said via email. "There will be no new statement or interviews until there is an update or an announcement from the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Department."

When reached for comment, the FBI told Fox News that they were unaware of any development being announced imminently and directed further inquiries to the sheriff's office, which is leading the investigation.

FBI tells family of Kristin Smart, who vanished 23 years ago, to be prepared for news: report
BBM-Oh boy! Could this be a turf war? Someone from the FBI who has formed a relationship with the Smart family shared inappropriately. Now the FBI has to CYA and are referring media to SLOCSO?

They tossed the ball to SLOCSO, it's in their court now. Any public statement will need to come from them, MOO.

I think anything to do with PF would not be unexpected, that is what everyone expects the result to be.

What about the fact that they are discovering bodies the past week in Tijuana and claiming they may have found a serial killer after that Garden Grove couple went missing? One article talks about bodies in a significant state of decomposition:

2 more bodies found at Tijuana home where Garden Grove couple was buried – Orange County Register

Maybe they found a body that is likely her based on circumstantial evidence, but are waiting about a month for DNA to come back.

very interesting about this new development...of course we're all analyzing what they could mean. she's alive? but i'm not sure why they recommend her family get away. if a missing person was found alive wouldn't they reunite them as soon as possible?

the part about getting a spokesperson makes me think it's linked to a high profile killer, maybe serial killer. I know people have mentioned Scott Peterson before because he was at Cal at the same time...I generally lean away from that theory but who knows maybe it is him?

or if not a killer, maybe linked to some other high profile person in the community. not to be crass, but being killed by the last person known to have been with her wouldn't really fall under "something you wouldn't expect" IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87