CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume these vehicles have not been owned by the Flores for a while?

if you listen to the podcast update on Your Own Backyard, it isn’t exactly clear.... It sounds like it’s possible that they were just stashed/hidden somewhere for all this time (they obviously weren’t sold to a dealership and stolen like they had been reported, and it even sounded like both vehicles may have been found together). Now who knows if there will be physical evidence found... but all they need is one drop of blood or one hair.... not to mention it’s just additional evidence of all the lies the Flores family has made. If the Flores family wants to make a deal.... it sounds like they are running out of time! I hope the recent update really makes them feel the heat and finally talk. If either of his parents wants to avoid serious jail time for their part in helping him cover up the murder for all this time... they better go in and fully cooperate fast while it’s even an option.

Last edited:
Two trucks are seized as evidence that belonged to family of the prime suspect in 1996 cold case disappearance of California college student Kristin Smart

Two trucks are seized as evidence in Kristin Smart investigation | Daily Mail Online

from the article:
Authorities also revealed they have recovered 140 new items of evidence, carried out 18 search warrants and conducted 91 interviews since 2011.

The sheriff's office disclosed that they have spent about $62,000 in investigative expenses related to the Smart case.

Authorities took the unusual step of releasing the case update following the large number of public inquiries related to Smart's disappearance.

The case was recently catapulted back into the public eye due to a local podcast about the Smart investigation.

Of course he wants publicity. I've not listened to the podcast and i don't know who Chris is, but assuming (no reason to believe otherwise) he has the purest of intentions then he at least wants exposure for Kristin's case or he wouldn't be doing a podcast in the first place especially not one he "worked very hard on". There's nothing wrong with that, i don't even think there's something wrong with someone creating a podcast with profit in mind seeing as it could do good, as long as they treat the victims well and don't go around accusing people without any evidence.

I've yet to listen to the podcast but have it tagged. He grew up with this event and it stuck with him. Also reminds me of the recent documentary (Where is Andy?) by another childhood friend of Andy Puglisi --missing for 40 years.

Investigators have seized two trucks as evidence that belonged to the family of a prime suspect in the cold case disappearance of California college student Kristin Smart who vanished 24 years ago.

Authorities revealed details of the new evidence on Wednesday in a long-awaited investigation update in the 1996 disappearance of the 19-year-old Cal Poly student.

The two trucks now in evidence were confiscated from the family of Paul Flores - the Cal Poly student who was the last known person to see Smart the night she vanished.

Flores has long been the primary suspect in Smart's disappearance but he has never had any charges filed against him.

Two trucks are seized as evidence in Kristin Smart investigation | Daily Mail Online

Anybody just joining -- I think this means Paul Flores-- identified as the prime suspect, can be sleuthed.

Investigators have seized two trucks as evidence that belonged to the family of a prime suspect in the cold case disappearance of California college student Kristin Smart who vanished 24 years ago.

Authorities revealed details of the new evidence on Wednesday in a long-awaited investigation update in the 1996 disappearance of the 19-year-old Cal Poly student.

The two trucks now in evidence were confiscated from the family of Paul Flores - the Cal Poly student who was the last known person to see Smart the night she vanished.

Flores has long been the primary suspect in Smart's disappearance but he has never had any charges filed against him.

Anybody just joining -- I think this means Paul Flores-- identified as the prime suspect, can be sleuthed.

I am so pleased to read about this latest update. Great work on the part of investigators finding BOTH trucks!

I bet those trucks are a gold mine of DNA.

"The two trucks now in evidence were confiscated from the family of Paul Flores......"

Jackpot!! Noose tightening....

I wonder where the Flores family had them hidden all this time? Maybe that search turned up something tied to Kristin as well?

Hopeful for closure for the Smart family!

JMO

Been listening to the recent YOB podcast.

The earring saga screams that either some shady LE official decided to help the Flores’ out, or that they had someone impersonate an officer. I believe Ed Edwards had used this tactic to see what information someone was willing to give up about him. Flores’ may have struck gold and just gotten rid of the evidence.

The earring saga screams that either some shady LE official decided to help the Flores’ out, or that they had someone impersonate an officer. I believe Ed Edwards had used this tactic to see what information someone was willing to give up about him. Flores’ may have struck gold and just gotten rid of the evidence.

I hate to be the conspiracy guy, but that's what it sounded like to me. Reminds me of the Tara Calico case; an inside job by LE to get rid of evidence.

This one seems egregious because there is so much evidence against Flores, it's bizarre they never issued an arrest warrant.

I hate to be the conspiracy guy, but that's what it sounded like to me. Reminds me of the Tara Calico case; an inside job by LE to get rid of evidence.

This one seems egregious because there is so much evidence against Flores, it's bizarre they never issued an arrest warrant.

I thought the exact same thing when listening to this part of the podcast as well! I'm going to go back and listen again tonight, but the way the tenant described the authorities that came to the house and that ultimately took the earring made them seem kind of gruff and not in the least bit sympathetic to the reason they were there.

IMO

San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office

DETAILS OF NEWS RELEASE: Due to the high-profile nature of the investigation into the disappearance and whereabouts of Kristin Smart and to avoid the dissemination of misinformation, the Sheriff's Office is announcing this morning it has served search warrants for specific items of evidence inside four separate locations in California and Washington. Two of those locations are in San Luis Obispo County, one location is in Los Angeles County and one location is in Washington State. The search warrants are limited in scope, and sealed by the court. As a result, we are precluded by law from disclosing any further details about them.

San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office

DETAILS OF NEWS RELEASE: Due to the high-profile nature of the investigation into the disappearance and whereabouts of Kristin Smart and to avoid the dissemination of misinformation, the Sheriff's Office is announcing this morning it has served search warrants for specific items of evidence inside four separate locations in California and Washington. Two of those locations are in San Luis Obispo County, one location is in Los Angeles County and one location is in Washington State. The search warrants are limited in scope, and sealed by the court. As a result, we are precluded by law from disclosing any further details about them.
Excellent news!

I hope this is the break they need!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics