GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, both items mentioned by Janey have been disproved.... I don't believe they have anything to overturn his conviction & get him a new trial. Unless they have something else we have never heard about....

I do believe - if I am remember correctly - that Geragos did bring up the burglary guys. I believe that LE even interviewed them - I might be wrong on that since it's been over almost 20 years...

Yes, both items mentioned by Janey have been disproved.... I don't believe they have anything to overturn his conviction & get him a new trial. Unless they have something else we have never heard about....

I do believe - if I am remember correctly - that Geragos did bring up the burglary guys. I believe that LE even interviewed them - I might be wrong on that since it's been over almost 20 years...
Yes, from what I remember, LE said they interviewed the burglars and they apparently robbed the house on the 26th, not the 24th. Imo

There was an April 27th court date? I see nothing in my notes about a 6/27 hearing changed to either of the dates.... :)
Oops, you're right, I was looking at the wrong post, but the date was 4/27. It was late last night when I was searching for the dates. I'll just delete my post. Maybe that was the hearing before that when the attorneys were given 60 days for discovery?

Anyway, thanks again!

Oops, you're right, I was looking at the wrong post, but the date was 4/27. It was late last night when I was searching for the dates. I'll just delete my post. Maybe that was the hearing before that when the attorneys were given 60 days for discovery?

Anyway, thanks again!

Yes it was the hearing before the last one - and you are quite welcome! :)

Yes, from what I remember, LE said they interviewed the burglars and they apparently robbed the house on the 26th, not the 24th. Imo

But, wait a minute.....how could they have burglarized the home on the 26th, when news reporters w/their trucks, the police, etc., were sitting outside the Peterson home conducting their investigation?

I think that was one of the arguments at the time with that theory.

Lots of rehashing of things, but that's ok.
jmo

I seem to remember that as well, that LE had thoroughly cleared the burglars.

But, wait a minute.....how could they have burglarized the home on the 26th, when news reporters w/their trucks, the police, etc., were sitting outside the Peterson home conducting their investigation?

I think that was one of the arguments at the time with that theory.

Lots of rehashing of things, but that's ok.
jmo
I think that's exactly what Scott's sister said. LE said they interviewed the burglars and cleared them. I don't remember if they ever said how.

And the other 'new' evidence is the burglary and the theory that they framed Scott by moving Lacey's body to the SF Bay.

I don't think they have any evidence of that at all. The main thing seemed to be the tip from a jailer saying he heard them talking on a recorded call. But there is no recorded call anymore---so that makes me wonder if it ever really existed.

The officer that called it in to the tip line---wouldnt he have kept a recording of the call if he was going to the Homicide Unit with the info? Seems sketchy, to me.

And I have a real hard time believing that 3 small time burglars from Modesto, would unbury a pregnant woman's body---whom EVERYONE is searching for, and drive an hour and a half with herr remains to the SF Bay, where it was teeming with investigators and search and rescue teams and cadaver dogs, and try and put her there somewhere.

How in the world would the burglars know Scott was going to the bay? Sadly, HE is the one who took HIS boat there and threw his wife and unborn son overboard. :(

I think his attorneys are reaching to find some reason to find their client uncountable for the crime. Throwing everything against the wall to see if something sticks.

Her poor family. Waiting for the court's decision must be excruciatingly painful.

How in the world would the burglars know Scott was going to the bay? Sadly, HE is the one who took HIS boat there and threw his wife and unborn son overboard. :(

I think his attorneys are reaching to find some reason to find their client uncountable for the crime. Throwing everything against the wall to see if something sticks.

Her poor family. Waiting for the court's decision must be excruciatingly painful.
I'd like to go back and figure out exactly when the news shared the info, that Scott went fishing in SF Bay that day. I can't remember if it was immediate or if we didn't find out until later.

I'd like to go back and figure out exactly when the news shared the info, that Scott went fishing in SF Bay that day. I can't remember if it was immediate or if we didn't find out until later.

My memory is saying later? (If my memory serves me correctly). I'll try to do a little digging!

My memory is saying later? (If my memory serves me correctly). I'll try to do a little digging!
If it was immediate, the defense attorneys would have a stronger excuse, saying they were looking for a place to hide the body and decided to go there, because it was where Scott went fishing.

But if it was a week or more later---then much harder to believe that happened...

If it was immediate, the defense attorneys would have a stronger excuse, saying they were looking for a place to hide the body and decided to go there, because it was where Scott went fishing.

But if it was a week or more later---then much harder to believe that happened...

Thus far, I have been unable to find the exact date it was revealed. So many things happened at once. It appears, however, that he told family members he was going golfing. In addition to the fact he was never able to confirm what he was fishing for, several family members had no idea he even owned a boat. Here's one of the archived articles I found:

Witnesses: Fishing wasn't planned

Scott Peterson's alibi came under fire Friday as witnesses testified that he planned to golf and pick up a Christmas present the day his wife disappeared, rather than go fishing in a boat that family members did not know he owned.

Peterson did not respond when his wife's stepfather, an avid fisherman, commented that Peterson had left quite late in the morning for fishing [...]

As Amy Rocha cut his hair, Scott Peterson offered to pick up a Christmas gift basket for her at Vella Farms in north Modesto.

He offered to pick it up. He said he'd be out that way golfing," Rocha said. She said she assumed Peterson meant that he would be golfing at Del Rio Country Club, where he had a membership.

CNN.com - Stepsister describes last sighting of Laci Peterson - Jun 3, 2004
Another interesting article ^

Last edited:
And the other 'new' evidence is the burglary and the theory that they framed Scott by moving Lacey's body to the SF Bay.

I don't think they have any evidence of that at all. The main thing seemed to be the tip from a jailer saying he heard them talking on a recorded call. But there is no recorded call anymore---so that makes me wonder if it ever really existed.

The officer that called it in to the tip line---wouldnt he have kept a recording of the call if he was going to the Homicide Unit with the info? Seems sketchy, to me.

And I have a real hard time believing that 3 small time burglars from Modesto, would unbury a pregnant woman's body---whom EVERYONE is searching for, and drive an hour and a half with herr remains to the SF Bay, where it was teeming with investigators and search and rescue teams and cadaver dogs, and try and put her there somewhere.

BBM
She obviously was weighed down.
Why would they go to all that trouble if they were -framing- Scott?

MOO

Last edited:
In the first Press Conference on December 25th, LE said that Scott had been fishing in the bay the morning Laci disappeared.

So JP's theory is that the burglars heard this and decided to frame him.

I found an article where police said the burglary was on the 26th. They said the burglars went through the back door. It is from CBS titled "Will Scott Peterson, convicted of killing wife Laci and unborn child, get a new trial?"

I don't know how to link it but there is a lot of information about the case. You have to scroll all the way down to read about the new evidence his sister claims they have.

IMO

So ridiculous. So the burglars killed Laci and held on to the body until they heard Scott went fishing and decided to frame him. They could have dropped a body anywhere but random burglars wanted to frame the husband. Good luck with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member