GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
he's not man enough. He might shoot someone else, though, if the judge doesn't have him put in cuffs right away. I can see him going home, getting a gun, and blowing everyone away. I hope he gets put in cuffs as soon as the verdict is announced. He'd get another trial, get out of his cell, and be the center of attention again.

Totally irrelevant but: I keep thinking that this is white Bronco time. That horrible admission by the defense team yesterday makes me wonder what Spector will do between now and Wednesday.
I am toying with the idea of going for the summation. I even begged my girlfriend (the former equivolent of Linda Deutsch in NYC), to beg her to talk to her colleages about letting me in. Her ultimate answer was for me to be at the courthouse early (dawn)and be one of the first in line. So, that's what I will do. If I don't get in I will Tivo it all.

he's not man enough. He might shoot someone else, though, if the judge doesn't have him put in cuffs right away. I can see him going home, getting a gun, and blowing everyone away. I hope he gets put in cuffs as soon as the verdict is announced. He'd get another trial, get out of his cell, and be the center of attention again.

If he's convicted, he'll be taken into custody immediately. As for being released on bond pending an appeal, that remains to be seen. I think the prosecution may be able to make a pretty good case that he'd be a flight risk, especially if they can show proof that he's been liquidating any assets.

Totally irrelevant but: I keep thinking that this is white Bronco time. That horrible admission by the defense team yesterday makes me wonder what Spector will do between now and Wednesday.
I am toying with the idea of going for the summation. I even begged my girlfriend (the former equivolent of Linda Deutsch in NYC), to beg her to talk to her colleages about letting me in. Her ultimate answer was for me to be at the courthouse early (dawn)and be one of the first in line. So, that's what I will do. If I don't get in I will Tivo it all.

I must have missed that. What horrible admission? I sure hope the jury can see through the facade of the defence's case and find him guilty.

I must have missed it too. What horrible admission by the defense team?

I must have missed it too. What horrible admission by the defense team?

The fact that a lwyer, specializing in both appellate issues and in writing jury instructions tells me loud and clear that the defense knows what the verdict will be. OK. So it's just me but that's how I read it.

The fact that a lwyer, specializing in both appellate issues and in writing jury instructions tells me loud and clear that the defense knows what the verdict will be. OK. So it's just me but that's how I read it.
You could very well be right, the new lawyer joining the team is very telling. Then again, Gary Spector could be right as well, Phil is just spending all the money so the Clarkson's can't get any. I'm sure money is not the main issue for Lana's family, they just want justice. Oh, and Phil will always have residuals coming in. Won't be as easy to hide and cheat as in OJ.

You could very well be right, the new lawyer joining the team is very telling. Then again, Gary Spector could be right as well, Phil is just spending all the money so the Clarkson's can't get any. I'm sure money is not the main issue for Lana's family, they just want justice. Oh, and Phil will always have residuals coming in. Won't be as easy to hide and cheat as in OJ.

With all due respect to GAry Spector, he doesn't know anything about royalty payments for now and into perpetuity. He's thinking of today's liquid money (I thin), i.e. the "castle," the furnishings, his savings. I am thinking about the ka$shing everytime any of Spector's music is played.

At any rate, I was literally shocked at the tacit admission by the defense that it knows what's going to happen. Justice will (hopefully) occur. But will it really? Will Mrs Clarkson ever live her life without feeling the knot in her stomach, like Fred Goldman? Do you think that the civil verdict against Simpson (33.5 million) will assuage his and his daughter's pain?
One positive note is that if the jury renders a guilty verdict, Spector will never, ever again terrorize an innocent woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he's convicted, he'll be taken into custody immediately. As for being released on bond pending an appeal, that remains to be seen. I think the prosecution may be able to make a pretty good case that he'd be a flight risk, especially if they can show proof that he's been liquidating any assets.
Would he still be taken into custody immediately if the conviction was manslaughter? I thought in some cases a person could remain on bail pending sentencing? I do agree that he's a flight risk, even though he would've already surrendered his passport.

He's had plenty of time to take care of that. Lana was killed in 2003.
But he still has a lot of money coming in from residuals and so forth. Wouldn't that be able to be traced if it was going to a foreign bank account? I just can't see how he could flee and hide out in a foreign country without being detected through the money trail.

Would he still be taken into custody immediately if the conviction was manslaughter? I thought in some cases a person could remain on bail pending sentencing? I do agree that he's a flight risk, even though he would've already surrendered his passport.

It would be up to the judge, but I would think he'd be less inclined. Of course, if the prosecution could show that Spector has been acting froggy, he may hold him.

It would be up to the judge, but I would think he'd be less inclined. Of course, if the prosecution could show that Spector has been acting froggy, he may hold him.

He certainly would not be out on bail following a guilty verdict! Heck, NO!

Yeah, this thing is dragging on. Haven't been able to catch up.

Who's on first?

I just found out this weekend that the lesser included charges aren't being given as an option. Just 2nd degree murder or not guilty. :cool:

I just found out this weekend that the lesser included charges aren't being given as an option. Just 2nd degree murder or not guilty. :cool:

Yes, but don't forget that the judge can also step in there. If the judge believes that Phil is the one who actually pulled the trigger, but did so accidentally, he can, and must, step forward and override the jury's decision. So, really anything is possible here.

Hiya Jeanna,

If a judge (particularly Judge Fiddler) found that a guy of Spector's age (and so-called intelligence), with so many years of "pulling gun experience" just ACCIDENTALLY pulled the trigger while he had the gun jammed in some lady's mouth, I would s**t my pants. :blushing:

W

Yes, but don't forget that the judge can also step in there. If the judge believes that Phil is the one who actually pulled the trigger, but did so accidentally, he can, and must, step forward and override the jury's decision. So, really anything is possible here.
I'm confused! I thought the judge said, and both prosecutors & defense agreed, that manslaughter didn't apply here. So do you mean that if the jury returned a guilty of 2nd degree murder, that he'd now change his mind and say it was manslaughter? I know stranger things have happened in Massachusetts! :)

Just caught an article I hadn't seen (not like I'm digging for them, but found this tonight:

"After dispute over closing arguments, attorney for Phil Spector resigns from case"

Well now...

Okay... I have a PREDICTION about the closing arguments from the "defense side" UNLESS they see my message or others like it (if they exist)! I will be watching for this little "hand mime" OR "pantomime" from the defense team (again, unless they see my message and figure the gig is up!)

I watched Cutler and Kenney-Baden during the trial. One thing that was noticeable about both of them and definitely CONTRIVED. They BOTH used their hands (fingers spread apart) to act as if "spewing" items forward, thrusting their hands forward to act like "blood spewed" at a distance.

In Cutler's opening, he used the repetitive thrusting forward hands (fingers open) and phrase, "They had murder on their minds, murder on their minds" about the police. (Well sheesh, why wouldn't they under the circumstances! Does Cutler figure our jurors are stupid? Perhaps. Let's hope that they are not. They are CONSISTENT and faithful! ummm that is something he was NOT. One of the jurors has taken pads of notes, hopefully he will work to refresh the other juror's memories via those notes!)

Kenney-Baden used her thrusting forward hands (fingers spread apart in the same fashion as Cutler) to display how blood could shoot a number of inches forward, in terms of blood splatter. I can't remember the distance, approx. 6 feet, YEAH RIGHT, from an intra-oral wound, and there was nothing between the 6 feet it might have hit, on the floor! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! GADs, if the jurors believe that crap, they are dummer than monkeys -- and I don't think so! (I surely hope not, I haven't seen their faces or studied them) At anyrate, the thrusting hand motions that Kenney-Baden used, to me, were not "natural" for her. My belief is that she was COACHED, by someone on her team (probably Cutler) to use those same open fingered thrusting hand motions.

So...I will be watching, in closing arguments, to see if these "hand movements" of the defense team continue, to see if they are still apparently thinking that this contrived hand jive will grab the jury. If they do not use their past hand jive, I will be watching for a toned down version of it. Perhaps there will be a "cool" finger flicking motion (like flicking water at someone), or sweeping arm gesture (as if to fling something across a room, frisbee style?) They are "hoping" by their pantomime to put pictures in the juries heads.

Hopefully, the jury will remember the pictures of Lana in the chair with her purse, ready to go, and the words of the past bad act witnesses who were similarly ready to go when the cold muzzle of a gun was stuck in their face. Forget the hand jive.

W

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back