GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was so agitated by that and some other things that I saw in court today that I posted it on both sites.
The good things I experienced: Dominick Dunne telling someone that there were such good people in this courtroom! The bad? Hearing Spector's son tell the LA Times reporter whata his father had always done to him. And in such a mellow, run-of-the-mill tone. How about the woman in the ladies bathroom who screamed for 1/2 an hour, "Lord, why have you forsaken me?" after her son had been convicted and sentenced to life in prison. And then that pissed-off face of the juror who walked out 1 minute before her other 11 colleagues walked out!
I went today because I thought about Friday verdicts. Then I agonized, am I ready to see a man's life destroyed in front of my face when the handcuffs are put on him? At 5 AM, I decided to go for it and rid this society from the cruelties and ravages of one Phillip harvey Spector. That man needs to be in a locked environment and away from innocent victims.
I do appreciate having some "eyes & ears" from here in the courtrom! Your observations are very insightful, and I'm still undecided about what the hold up is with the jury ~ whether they're painstakingly going over the foreman's many notes or have the voted and don't all agree? I really thought there would be a verdict this week, even though it was a somewhat long trial. I hope they don't waste their deliberation time on Pie but instead just use some common sense and remember "I think I killed somebody". :)

I sure hope so. Man, who in his/her right mind accepted a juror who thought that justice had been done in the Simpson criminal trial? Didn't anybody see any red hot flags??????????? I am really despaired tonight.
And add to that she's been on 2 other juries and called them "eye openers"? You'd think she'd know by now what to expect, unless she's the "odd man out" so to speak, in this jury room. Other courtroom observers posting elsewhere have said she paid close attention to the State though.

And add to that she's been on 2 other juries and called them "eye openers"? You'd think she'd know by now what to expect, unless she's the "odd man out" so to speak, in this jury room. Other courtroom observers posting elsewhere have said she paid close attention to the State though.

DO ME A FAVOR: Go to the (UK) Telegraph and read today's article by Mick Brown. He was in court all day yesterday. He's the very best. If nothing else, he's varified what I was first to tell you all. I always go through Dridgereport.com, scroll down to the UK papers until you reach The Telegraph. His book on Spector is on my list.
I really love the people on Websleuths. The other place is often such a sewer with people knocking you down, alerting everyone that you are a plant, etc. At least here, we all seem to trust one another and put the knives away.

DO ME A FAVOR: Go to the (UK) Telegraph and read today's article by Mick Brown. He was in court all day yesterday. He's the very best. If nothing else, he's varified what I was first to tell you all. I always go through Dridgereport.com, scroll down to the UK papers until you reach The Telegraph. His book on Spector is on my list.
I really love the people on Websleuths. The other place is often such a sewer with people knocking you down, alerting everyone that you are a plant, etc. At least here, we all seem to trust one another and put the knives away.
I also forgot to tell you all that the easel and blackboard was already outside the jury deliberation room. That's how close they are (I think). I have the gut feeling that we have one holdout.

I sometimes find the other place frustrating because of so much convo that doesn't have anything to do with the trial but just making fun of the defense attorneys and whatnot. I do want to read that article so I'll go look for it now. :cool:

I also forgot to tell you all that the easel and blackboard was already outside the jury deliberation room. That's how close they are (I think). I have the gut feeling that we have one holdout.
Hmmmm that is interesting! So much for my theory that they might be going over the foreman's notes, witness by witness. Since you've been there and I haven't I'll trust your instincts. :D

panthera said:
Thanks for posting that! I stayed up and watched it and was so glad I did. An excellent presentaiton ~ just too bad it's still a story with no ending yet.

me too, panthera - stayed up and watched! It was a good show! yes, no ending yet! But from what I'm reading posted by yadler... :waitasec: guess we'll have to wait until Monday for more news! And Thanks yadler for posting about this!

Its good to see you too Yadler!:blowkiss:

Many have thought the defense made a mistake by showing the "Lana Unleashed" tape. However, the defense may have succeeded in their aim of making some jurors (one?) dislike the victim.
William,
I think that you might have been right! What was their purpose? Read Mick Brown's entire article in The Telegraph, printed in today's edition. Go to drudge.com, scroll down to the UK papers.

Read Mick Brown's entire article in The Telegraph, printed in today's edition. Go to drudge.com, scroll down to the UK papers.
I just wanted to thank you for pointing me to that article! It was absolutely one of the best I've read lately. :clap: I just Googled Phil Spector news and found it that way.

William,
I think that you might have been right! What was their purpose? Read Mick Brown's entire article in The Telegraph, printed in today's edition. Go to drudge.com, scroll down to the UK papers.

Yadler,
Yes, that is what I meant. I just read Mick Brown's article. After the defense showed the tape, I saw Beth Karas on Court TV discuss the jurors reaction. She said something like; "During Lana Clarkson's Little Richard imitation, the African American jurors were very, very angry."

By the way, I followed the Simpson trial very closely. When Beth Karas made the above comment, I was convinced that the defense attorneys were hoping to make some of the jurors dislike Lana Clarkson. During the Simpson trial, Shapiro took Baden through the same routine at the start of his testimony that we saw in this trial.

Yadler,
Yes, that is what I meant. I just read Mick Brown's article. After the defense showed the tape, I saw Beth Karas on Court TV discuss the jurors reaction. She said something like; "During Lana Clarkson's Little Richard imitation, the African American jurors were very, very angry."

By the way, I followed the Simpson trial very closely. When Beth Karas made the above comment, I was convinced that the defense attorneys were hoping to make some of the jurors dislike Lana Clarkson. During the Simpson trial, Shapiro took Baden through the same routine at the start of his testimony that we saw in this trial.

Mick Brown sits next to Dominick Dunne in court and immediately (almost) next to the first row of jurors. One doesn't even have to put on one's glasses to see the panel's demeanor. That close. So he saw that the film hit its mark. I didn't know. The man is a wonderful writer and observer. Very, very keen.
I too watched the Simpson criminal trial daily on TV but didn't see what the members of the courtroom saw. I made up for that though. I went to the civil trial everyday. I sat next to, behind that sucker for 5 1/2 months. Saw him testify. Oh well, another trial, another day. Let's just hope and pray that Judge Fidler addresses any and all juror beligerance on the dime.

Yadler, Thank you for recommending Mike Brown's article in the UK Telegraph. It was an excellent article, and I am glad I got to read it. The link is below for those of you interested.

The long, hard wait for the Spector verdict--By Mike Brown

The article is 3 pages....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/15/wspector115.xml

Ditto! What a great column. It is so interesting to see how different spectators see the Jury. It is also very telling that there seemed to be a division Friday as they were leaving.

I worked in a courtroom with Jurors for many years and it is usually very clear to a clerk or Bailiff if there is a division amongst the ranks. Let's hope for a verdict and not a hung jury.:doh:

Ditto! What a great column. It is so interesting to see how different spectators see the Jury. It is also very telling that there seemed to be a division Friday as they were leaving.

I worked in a courtroom with Jurors for many years and it is usually very clear to a clerk or Bailiff if there is a division amongst the ranks. Let's hope for a verdict and not a hung jury.:doh:

Read what I first posted Friday after court. What do you think? Did I exagerate, misinterpret?

Read what I first posted Friday after court. What do you think? Did I exagerate, misinterpret?

I did read that on Friday and my first thought was "oh, sh_t!" You seemed to have nailed it! I am jealous you are able to sit in the courtroom during the trial and during the delibs ( when sometimes there is just as much drama )

All of your posts have been very informative and I have really enjoyed your insight.

I used to walk through the courtroom when waiting for a verdict and laugh and talk with the press, who really had some very good ideas about what they thought was happening in the juryroom. I was in a position that I could not tell them what I observed when entering the Jury room, but they really seemed to know.

Have you had the opportunity to speak with Dominick Dunne? I really like to hear his stories about the families and what he observes.

What about Phil Spector and his wife, are they sitting in the courtroom waiting?? Is there any inneraction with the victim's family and Phils family? I love the behind the scenes stories. Thank you for sharing with us!!!!! :blowkiss:

I did read that on Friday and my first thought was "oh, sh_t!" You seemed to have nailed it! I am jealous you are able to sit in the courtroom during the trial and during the delibs ( when sometimes there is just as much drama )

All of your posts have been very informative and I have really enjoyed your insight.

I used to walk through the courtroom when waiting for a verdict and laugh and talk with the press, who really had some very good ideas about what they thought was happening in the juryroom. I was in a position that I could not tell them what I observed when entering the Jury room, but they really seemed to know.

Have you had the opportunity to speak with Dominick Dunne? I really like to hear his stories about the families and what he observes.

Oh God, yes. I adore that man and the horse he rode in on. While I haven't deigned to talk to him about the Spector case, I do overhear (he's hard of hearing) when he talks to his colleagues. Friday, he was gloating/gloating about what Simpson had done. He asked me what book I was reading and we both deeply commisserated about some unfortunate mother, screaming "Oh God, why have you foresaken me?" after her son was sentenced. The reporters took this all dispassionately whereas he and I understood the tragedy of it. The woman was in agony. It's a small courtroom (5 rows for attendees) and we all somehow node to each other. I never approach the pros. Not my style.
It is such a huge priveledge for me to be in court, watching our system of laws in practice. And Judge Fidler........well, who wouldn't be in awe of him. He's only about 5'7", very wiry and slender underneath his robes.

What about Phil Spector and his wife, are they sitting in the courtroom waiting??
NO! But his two sons are (poor things).
Is there any inneraction with the victim's family and Phils family?
None! Spector turned around once last wk to stare at me. I was getting very anxious. Pure evil. I asked my neighbor, why is he staring at ME? She said that it was Mrs. Clarkson he was staring at, two rows up from me but in the same line of Spector's view. As such, there is absolutely no talking between the two camps.
I love the behind the scenes stories. Thank you for sharing with us!!!!! :blowkiss:
I wish you were there as well! Did I mention that the juror props that they requested were already outside the jury room? The items were the easel and a blackboard.
Thanks for verifying what I saw was right. Like reading tie leaves. Harriet Ryan is an oustanding CRT reporter and of course Mick Brown is over the top!

I wish you were there as well! Did I mention that the juror props that they requested were already outside the jury room? The items were the easel and a blackboard.
Thanks for verifying what I saw was right. Like reading tie leaves. Harriet Ryan is an oustanding CRT reporter and of course Mick Brown is over the top!
Please rea the body of your post........some of my answers to your questions are imbedded there.

Please rea the body of your post........some of my answers to your questions are imbedded there.

Thank you for answering my questions. Fascinating. Actually the "pros" would probably like to hear what you thought when the Jurors were exiting.

The courtroom I worked in had a "back" entrance and I could release my Jurors in such a manner that they did not have to see the press or family as they entered and exited. I think that made them feel a little more comfortable. Especially when family members are basically camped out and watching their every moves, they see everything and sometimes after a verdict will comment on it.

I just hope having the weekend off will give them some time to get their thoughts together and come back and make a decision. I look forward to reading your posts on Monday. Hopefully!

Tuesday, for sure. Monday I have to tend to life, but Tues. I am as free as a bird. If all of us were right about #5, Monday might be the day that Judge Fidler adresses the issue. I always stay till the end so that I can get a gander at the exiting jurors...ya never know. No way for them to avoid us in the courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back