GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read they have been deliberating since March 26th.

Sorry - yes, it went to the jury Mar 26...days, weekends off, etc., actual deliberation "days" is 8 or 9 I believe. Actual deliberation time about 29 hours

I'm thinkg 2nd degree murder, don't think the involuntary manslaughter applies, hopefully the jury felt the same.
JMO of course.

I'm hoping the fact that they came back today after the weekend and came to a verdict in a little over 2 hours means that they determining which charge he's guilty of rather than coming to a not guilty verdict. I am hoping for guilty on 2nd degree murder and agree that involuntary manslaughter shouldn't apply but would rather have that than not guilty. I'm glad they finally reached a verdict but will be sooooooo disappointed if it's not guilty.

I have to drive home from work now, will miss it I guess. Waiting all the time and it comes right when I will be in the car. Talk to you all later.

They just said on HLN that the verdict won't be read for another 25 minutes.

From Sprocket's blog:

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/

1:12 pm: I just spoke to Miriam Hernandez. It's her camera crew that are here. She stated that as soon as they get inside the courtroom, they are going to do a "test" to see if they can send a live transmission. They won't know until they do a test if the technology will work or not.

1:36 pm: I'm inside the courtroom. I'm sitting to Harriet Ryan's right and Steve Mikulan is to my right. Two great report's I really admire.

Please everyone! Let's try to be kind to other posters, regardless of their opinions.

1:41 pm: They are still trying to seat people. Lana's friends are here in the front row. Juror #9 is here. Richard Doyle from the DA's office is in the gallery.

According to one of my readers, supposedly there is a live feed at NBC. I don't know if there is or not. A verdict has been reached. I see Sandi Gibbons from the DA's office.

There's lots of media here that I've never seen before.

1:48 pm: Louis Spector and his companion Frieda arrived. The courtroom on the left is packed now. There are a few seats left I think for Lana's family.

Answering a comment. I am inside the courtroom and I'm plugged into a wall outlet along with Harriet and Steven Mikulan. The PIO staff is tirelessly trying to seat more people.

1:51 pm: Doron Weinberg arrived with his wife and his wife's sister. Spector's #1 fan has been in the hallway since about 12:45 pm and is inside the courtroom sitting on the defense side.

1:55 pm: The bailiff removes the podium from the courtroom. Truc Do, Alan Jackson and Joshua their clerk arrive.

1:58 pm: I didn't see him come in but Donte is sitting on the defense side in the second bench row.

Continuting from the blog:

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/

1:58 pm: I didn't see him come in but Donte is sitting on the defense side in the second bench row.

We just hear from the PIO that any interviews will be in Department 100 on the 13th floor. Allan Parachini will be making the pitch to the jury in the hopes they will speak to the press.

Several networks have live feeds up. CNN, MsNBC, NBC.

Jennifer Barringer arrived. Earlier, Steven and I had to scoot down one seat for a sheriff. They are sitting to my

2:01 pm: Spector entered and I missed it.

Rachelle is in the front row. A few members of Donte's family are here it looks like.

Lana's mother and sister are not here yet.

2:04 pm: The courtroom is very quiet.

Another Spector supporter is let into the courtroom, along with Richard Gabriel. They squeeze into the front row on the defense side.

Lana's counsel arrive along with her family. They are trying to squeeze into the front row. This courtroom is packed to the gills.

Counsel, ready for the judge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean
Back