Found Deceased CA - Lauren Cho, 30, from NJ was visiting for 2 mos, Morongo Valley, 28 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The New York City resident said that was the last face-to-face interaction she had with the missing Flemington, New Jersey woman.

It was when Cho brought over a honeymoon meal for the new bride and her husband at a Yucca Valley Airbnb back in May — a $206 dinner the host of the compound suggested the new couple get.

“Everything was vegetarian. It was all super fresh,” the woman said. “I remember we ate every bite. She seemed to be in great spirits.”

It was a different encounter for the newlyweds, who told CBS2 they met Cho, 30, the day before at the pool with her boyfriend.

“I could tell that El was feeling a little uncomfortable,” the woman’s husband said.

“I feel like he was ignoring her a bit, more to socialize with others,” the woman said. “He did say, ‘This is my partner, El,'”

A month after the couple returned home they learned the woman they thanked for cooking them their private meal was reported missing.

Lauren Cho Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

New York City Couple Recounts Pleasant Interaction With Missing Flemington, N.J. Woman Lauren Cho In California – CBS New York (cbslocal.com)

JUL 1, 2021
What happened to Lauren Cho? | Hi-Desert Star (hidesertstar.com)
Lauren Cho moved from New Jersey to the California desert eight months ago, looking for a life of freedom and new possibilities. ...

[...]

Her friend CO is the last known person to have seen her. The two, who met in New Jersey and used to date, were staying on a friend’s property. On the afternoon of June 28, he went into the tour bus that they’d crossed the country in and she apparently walked away.

“There was a 10-minute window there and she evaporated,” CO said in a phone interview Thursday.

According to the sheriff’s report of CO’s call for help, placed at 5:13 p.m., Cho got upset and walked into the hills between Yucca Valley and Morongo Valley. CO tried to find her, then called their circle of friends for help. When they couldn't find her, they called in law enforcement. They told the sheriff’s station she didn’t take her phone, water or food with her.

“I searched all in the hills and no tracks, anywhere,” CO said.

When law enforcement searchers joined the effort, he said, “They found all of my tracks and my friends’ tracks, but none of hers.”

[...]

CO thinks she got into a vehicle with someone. He’s going over and over what happened and what might have happened to the friend he crossed the country with.

“On Sunday she was going out to meet someone and wasn’t saying who. I didn’t pry into it then, but of course now I wish….” he trailed off.

[...]

For RJ Okay, Lauren Cho is a woman with plans and a dream for the future — not someone who would walk away from everything.

[...]

Cho was a talented soprano singer who toured with choirs in Europe ... She held a degree in music education from Westminster Choir College in New Jersey and taught music to high schoolers in Irvington Township. She was also a section leader in a New Jersey church choir.

Dissatisfied with her job, Cho moved out west with CO over the winter, driving across the U.S. in his tour bus. The two had met through mutual friends on Memorial Day and hit it off right away. He had always planned to come out west and she decided to join him.

[...[

In December, they ended their journey in Bombay Beach, a tiny community of about 415 people at the Salton Sea. It’s become known in recent years for attracting artists, musicians and people seeking a freer, more creative life.

[...]

Both men say Cho was beloved by her friends and well known in their circle for her cooking. “She makes this basil ice cream that’s vegan and everyone who tries it tells her she ought to be famous for it,” Okay said.

They were invited to stay at a friend’s house in Yucca Valley and Cho started working as a private chef for a friend’s Airbnb here.

[...]

But she was also troubled.

“El’s a super-talented person. She’s a black belt in tae kwon do and was teaching tae kwon do at age 12. She’s one of those super-talented people who don’t think they are,” CO said. “It’s tragic. That sense of self-confidence isn’t there.”

Okay is convinced she had plans and wouldn’t have abandoned them. “She was in the middle of working on her bus,” he said. “The day she went missing she texted me earlier asking for some help on it.”

She also had a parakeet named Pork Chop that she didn’t like to leave. “She would be worried if she was going to be away from him for a day. So that’s another thing that’s worrying me,” he said.

[...]

“She was apparently trying to take her car at the time but she didn’t have the keys. She had an intention to go somewhere and I know she was dating again. Maybe she doesn’t realize we’re searching.”

On Wednesday, Okay was driving into the low desert, following a vague lead. “Someone said they saw someone matching her description in Thousand Palms so I’m driving down there right now,” he said. “It’s not a very good lead but it’s something.”

Sheriff’s calls show others claimed to see her with a man at a restaurant in Yucca Valley.

In the meantime, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a body found in the area of Johnson Road and 15th Street north of Desert Hot Springs around 9:30 a.m. Thursday. A Riverside sheriff’s spokesman said Thursday afternoon that no details about the body, including sex, have been released.

[...]

is the boyfriend current or they used to date? He says she was going to meet someone but wouldn’t say who. If he’s the current bf then her meeting with an unknown person could have upset him. Even if he is the ex it could still upset him really. Maybe he thought the road-trip together would reignite their romance but that’s not what she wanted. The fact that she disappeared at what appears to be a busy AirBnB is weird.

Is it on a busy road? 10 mins seems awful fast to hitchhike your way into a ride in what sounds like a remote area. I hope LE has looked closely at all the residents and their guests that day.

Missing in America: Lauren Cho ‘walked away’ from her California Airbnb - California News Times
So, in THIS article, it says:
Cho’s ex-boyfriend reported that he was missing around 5 pm on June 28, telling authorities that there was a quarrel three hours ago, after which she left Airbnb where she was staying.
Huge if true because through all my research it has always implied Cody had walked in to find Lauren angry, and she storms out, and he's just like what the heck but doesn't follow her. If this is true, it changes many a thing.

Random thoughts: What prompted a search for her after two hours? How does CO know she walked into the mountains if he was inside the tour bus? Why didn’t she have the car keys? Were they being withheld from her? If she was dating again, why was she supposedly suicidal? Interesting that all of CO’s “search” tracks were messed up by the search the group undertook later.
You can very well be dating again and suicidal simultaneously. I am unsure about the car keys - I can't find anything on MSM or SM regarding why she wouldn't have been allowed her keys. Maybe it was because her friends were worried about the thoughts she had been expressing.

You can very well be dating again and suicidal simultaneously. I am unsure about the car keys - I can't find anything on MSM or SM regarding why she wouldn't have been allowed her keys. Maybe it was because her friends were worried about the thoughts she had been expressing.
At about 3:11 in the NewsNation video above, the housekeeper says that a bunch of the residents had been drinking “all day” and CO wouldn’t let El have the car keys because she had been drinking.

Is it on a busy road? 10 mins seems awful fast to hitchhike your way into a ride in what sounds like a remote area. I hope LE has looked closely at all the residents and their guests that day.

It is not a busy road. It is an Air b&B that is located on an area that is at least mostly dirt roads. It is tucked far enough back (about 8.5 miles) to be dangerous for hiking to the paved HWY. I say dangerous because of the heat on that day, the terrain and the wildlife. El was in good shape- but according to her "friend" she didn't have water or a cellphone(which likely would have no reception anyway until the highway).

AMOO JMO MOO

It is not a busy road. It is an Air b&B that is located on an area that is at least mostly dirt roads. It is tucked far enough back (about 8.5 miles) to be dangerous for hiking to the paved HWY. I say dangerous because of the heat on that day, the terrain and the wildlife. El was in good shape- but according to her "friend" she didn't have water or a cellphone(which likely would have no reception anyway until the highway).

AMOO JMO MOO

"friend" indeed.

Heads up:

There is information coming from Morongo Basin Sheriff's Dept~

"Update: Human remains located in Yucca Valley; identification process underway"

"On Saturday, October 9, 2021, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department conducted an additional search and rescue operation in the ongoing search for Lauren Cho, who was reported missing on June 28, 2021. During the search, unidentified human remains were located in the rugged terrain of the open desert of Yucca Valley. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"The remains were transported to the San Bernardino County Coroner’s Division where staff will work to identify the remains and determine a cause of death. The identification process could take several weeks. No further information will be released until the identity of the deceased has been confirmed."

Heads up:

"Update: Human remains located in Yucca Valley; identification process underway"

"On Saturday, October 9, 2021, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department conducted an additional search and rescue operation in the ongoing search for Lauren Cho, who was reported missing on June 28, 2021. During the search, unidentified human remains were located in the rugged terrain of the open desert of Yucca Valley. "

"The remains were transported to the San Bernardino County Coroner’s Division where staff will work to identify the remains and determine a cause of death. The identification process could take several weeks. No further information will be released until the identity of the deceased has been confirmed."

Just to add...IF this is El, these remains were located pretty much where she was reported missing. I can't help wonder if someone tipped this in? The area has been searched previously.

AMOO JMO MOO

Heads up:

Thank you so much for the heads up. Just providing a link to the post:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911
Back