GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Cheese, I haven't and I've been looking. Poor Priscilla looks shellshocked in the first installment. But I have seen nothing on the promised 10 oclock continuation and her statements regarding how she was prevented from attending the funeral.

Thanks, tlcya. I went ahead and emailed the reporter.

I have a hard time imagining a child who was as brutally attacked as Leila reportedly was suffering 20 some stab wounds during the night or earlier in the morning still being alive, although near death, at shortly after noon when responders arrived.

Good outside of the box thinking but I don't think it works here even leaving the brother's account out of the equation. JMO

I have a hard time imagining a child who was as brutally attacked as Leila reportedly was suffering 20 some stab wounds during the night or earlier in the morning still being alive, although near death, at shortly after noon when responders arrived.

Good outside of the box thinking but I don't think it works here even leaving the brother's account out of the equation. JMO

Yeah...I have been rethinking this. Do we know for sure that Leila was still alive or did it take those few minutes for someone to pronounce her dead? I wish we knew more of the basic details....

Could someone have this many stab wounds, and bleed very slowly to death?...Still...Leila would have had to have been somehow immobilized/silenced by one or more of these wounds, or it would seem she would somehow have tried to cry or seek help...So sad!

But if the attack happened the night before, then the son would have to be lying about seeing an intruder that afternoon.

I agree...I briefly forgot about that when I realized she was "in bed." I was trying to think that out...

Could the 12 year old also have been in bed, and perhaps saw someone earlier, but he dozed back off, then when he eventually got up later, found his sister stabbed?

Some people get "sleep paralysis" and aren't fully awake and can't fully move, when awakened in certain stages of sleep. One of my own children was describing this to me the other day...That it happened to them sometimes.

So far no big announcement family has been ruled out but there are statements that the family is cooperating and that LE is still interviewing all possible witnesses and following all possible leads.

There could be a difference between the time of death and the time she was declared dead. I have a very good friend who is a retired peace officer, here, in California. He told me that, only a doctor can declare someone dead, except in the case of a decapitation. It is possible that the time of death was some time before the brother found her, the first responders arrived, she was transported, and declaration of death.

I have been following this forum since the day of the murder. One thing is for sure, no useful information has been released to the public that would help establish a timeline, other than the original account of the brother. I think we are forced to wait for an arrest, them we can begin to understand. The full facts may not be released until the trial. It could be a long wait.

It was reported by LE at either the first or second presser that Leila was alive when first responders arrived. It has also been stated in several articles. The articles I cans see being inaccurate, but I trust LE is giving us the straight facts in that regard. The impression left is that she was alive but near death and unable to provide much (if any) in the way of information.

It was reported by LE at either the first or second presser that Leila was alive when first responders arrived. It has also been stated in several articles. The articles I cans see being inaccurate, but I trust LE is giving us the straight facts in that regard. The impression left is that she was alive but near death and unable to provide much (if any) in the way of information.

IMO it's all as clear as mud at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't released the cause of death have they? Rumor of 21 stab wounds.
I wish we could see the autopsy report. How many of those would have been fatal? Did she die from the wounds or did she die from bleeding out? That would affect the timeline a lot.

I wish we could see the autopsy report. How many of those would have been fatal? Did she die from the wounds or did she die from bleeding out? That would affect the timeline a lot.

It was stated that she died of shock and hemoraging due to multiple stab wounds.

From Twitter..

NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 1m
DEVELOPING: "Significant development" in #LeilaFowler case - 8yr old NorCal girl stabbed to death in her home by an intruder - @kcrakevin

Tweets are flying..

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 55s
Calaveras Sheriff will hold a news conference at 7:15pm regarding death of 8yr old girl watch it live on our 24/7 Bay Area News Channel

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 2m
#BREAKING: Calaveras County Sheriff holding a 7:15 p.m. news conference regarding the death of 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Details to come.

KTVU ‏@KTVU 9m
DEVELOPING: #Calaveras Sheriff to hold news conf. at 7:15pm regarding death of 8yr old #LeilaFowler. No other details released.

autopsy stated she died from shock and hemorrhage...Poor little girl..I can't get this case out of my mind...it's tragic.

Good point!

Tweets are flying..

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 55s
Calaveras Sheriff will hold a news conference at 7:15pm regarding death of 8yr old girl watch it live on our 24/7 Bay Area News Channel

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 2m
#BREAKING: Calaveras County Sheriff holding a 7:15 p.m. news conference regarding the death of 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Details to come.

KTVU ‏@KTVU 9m
DEVELOPING: #Calaveras Sheriff to hold news conf. at 7:15pm regarding death of 8yr old #LeilaFowler. No other details released.

7:15 pacific time? So in 25 min ? If anyone has live feed, please post ! tks

Called Lenore (Union Democrat Reporter) as she's home sick with pneumonia & she called her boss. They've got reporters over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonya702