GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
August 12th is the date of the trial.

I think often of Leila and Isiah and wonder what went wrong.
I feel like I know that there was so much dysfunction in that family. I wish someone, somewhere, somehow had stepped in to help them, but did anyone realize it was this bad?
I know Isiah is the one accused of the murder of his beautiful sister, but can't help but wonder what a melting pot he lived in.
He's a child, and in many ways a victim himself. Not in this murder but in the home.

JMO

I think often of Leila and Isiah and wonder what went wrong.
I feel like I know that there was so much dysfunction in that family. I wish someone, somewhere, somehow had stepped in to help them, but did anyone realize it was this bad?
I know Isiah is the one accused of the murder of his beautiful sister, but can't help but wonder what a melting pot he lived in.
He's a child, and in many ways a victim himself. Not in this murder but in the home.

JMO

May I ask what makes you say that?

Just my opinion but when I read about him and his mom and dad's situation, custody, visitations, etc. I can't help but think that helped create conflict inside of him, and to me it was obvious how the parents felt about each other. That had to make it hard for him inside the home. Sometimes with parents it becomes tit for tat, instead of about the child. It's about being the perceived winner for the parents and when that happens the child loses.
Again, as I said previously JMO

delayed. again. how long is this kid going to sit in juvee? he's been there a year and a half. is barney still not 'settled' into a house or is the defendant not welcome home???

http://www.recordnet.com/article/20140922/News/140929876

Posted Sep. 22, 2014 @ 8:00 pm

SAN ANDREAS — A scheduled court appearance Monday for a 14-year-old boy accused of killing his younger sister in their Valley Springs home has been delayed.

Isaiah Fowler was transported to Calaveras County Superior Court from a juvenile facility outside the county Monday for attorneys to set a date when witness testimony can begin. But proceedings were postponed to give defense expert witnesses more time to complete forensic work.

“They’re still reviewing the evidence and they have not finalized their work,” defense attorney Mark Reichel said outside the courtroom.

Following the Monday hearing, Reichel said he will be countering prosecution’s forensic evidence with findings from his own DNA and crime scene experts.​
The teen is scheduled back in court Oct. 6 for trial setting. If convicted of murder, the teen may only be incarcerated until he is 23 years old.

http://www.recordnet.com/article/20140922/News/140929876

Thanks everyone for the updates. I have not forgotten about Leila. Any news as to where the parents stand today re: brother's guilt?

Sad: I was reading updates and got this mixed up with the case where it was a (very young) uncle killing his niece. I'm sure you guys know which one I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Defense attorney Mark Reichel said the delay is happening because experts on the defense team who have been doing DNA tests on evidence asked for some additional items. Reichel said his team has just this week requested those items."

Sounds like they are hoping to prove his innocence. Hmmmmmm......

grrrrrrrrrrr -- there will be a meeting in the next couple of weeks to see if the accused can remain 'free' til trial!

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/233486/fowler-murder-trial-delayed.html

''has been postponed to May 18. The defense attorneys will return to court in the next couple of weeks to argue that Leila Fowler’s older brother should be released from custody, until a trial takes place.'"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back