CA CA - Leslie Ben-Iesau, 42, Sacramento, 15 Apr 2022 *meeting someone from a dating app*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand why this is so concerning. The fact that tech companies build such detailed profiles of users’ daily activities and whereabouts is a great help to law enforcement, But in order to find a suspected criminal, police often have to comb through innocent people’s information, which could result in police viewing sensitive information about a person when it's not pertinent to an investigation and innocent people becoming suspects based on coincidental connections to a crime, all without a warrant. I don’t have to explain what a legal nightmare that could become.

So a number of states, including California, have recently passed privacy laws that require police to obtain a warrant to access stored data, like messages and photos, or location information from tech companies and cell service providers. Even then it’s not foolproof; because these companies have full ownership and control over the data they collect they may encrypt certain content so it can only be viewed by the sender and intended recipient. For example, Apple's iMessages and Facebook's WhatsApp are encrypted, and therefore that content is not accessible to company employees or police. But typical SMS text messages and most other forms of electronic communication are not encrypted.

In any case, in California LE would have to get a warrant to get this data, and to do so they would have to show cause that there is the belief that a crime has been committed unless it is deemed an emergency but then there is the chance the evidence might not hold up in court if obtained without a warrant the court doesn’t believe that the emergency surrounding the report was reasonable. It’s not as simple as it may appear, especially in light of these new laws.
Thanks for providing such a thorough explanation. I sincerely hope these new laws don't end up costing lives

The local news has mostly stopped covering this I wonder if the police have some information that hasn’t been shared regarding information about her intentionally leaving the area? I keep seeing her missing person posters around the neighborhood and am not sure why there isn’t more coverage of it so potential witnesses can give information!

The local news has mostly stopped covering this I wonder if the police have some information that hasn’t been shared regarding information about her intentionally leaving the area? I keep seeing her missing person posters around the neighborhood and am not sure why there isn’t more coverage of it so potential witnesses can give information!
I'd been following this case externally but after not seeing any news for a month, I decided to check in on her WS thread and see news here is also on pause. Where is she and what's happening with her search and the investigation??? Her sisters must be devastated. o_O

Thought I’d take a look at Insta and happened to spot this account using the name Leslie Ben Iesau. One post, added 3 hours ago and they only follow 2 accounts one of which is a Sacramento hair stylist. How strange.

Good find!
Now there are 2 posts, 1 made 10 hours ago and 1 made 3 hours ago (As I type this). The most recent is a partial portrait that looks similar to the photo posted on pg 1 of this thread where she has short hair. She is now following 6 people. Her tag line says something along the lines of- living in Utopia with the girl of my dreams. I don’t see a “Bea” amongst the accounts she follows.

Good find!
Now there are 2 posts, 1 made 10 hours ago and 1 made 3 hours ago (As I type this). The most recent is a partial portrait that looks similar to the photo posted on pg 1 of this thread where she has short hair. She is now following 6 people. Her tag line says something along the lines of- living in Utopia with the girl of my dreams. I don’t see a “Bea” amongst the accounts she follows.
So, then it's possible Leslie created this account and is alive and well. This would mean she disappeared on her own free will and has chosen to not contact her family.
OR Leslie is not okay and someone else created this account as a diversion.
JMO

So, then it's possible Leslie created this account and is alive and well. This would mean she disappeared on her own free will and has chosen to not contact her family.
OR Leslie is not okay and someone else created this account as a diversion.
JMO
I'm inclined to think this is a fake account.

In my experience following cases here, LE is well versed in communicating with both the reported MP and their family that it's not a crime for an adult to check out of their life or go off the grid, not desiring contact with their family but once there is any potential sign of life (i.e., they are on SM and/or mobile), LE will go to great lengths to confirm the MP is in fact in good health, and voluntarily absent.

In other words, if LBI is alive, what proof is there that she is not in danger, being held hostage against her own will and making the social media posts under duress. LE has an obligation to track her down and confirm she's well voluntarily missing. Once confirmation is made, their job is done.

I'm inclined to think this is a fake account.

In my experience following cases here, LE is well versed in communicating with both the reported MP and their family that it's not a crime for an adult to check out of their life or go off the grid, not desiring contact with their family but once there is any potential sign of life (i.e., they are on SM and/or mobile), LE will go to great lengths to confirm the MP is in fact in good health, and voluntarily absent.

In other words, if LBI is alive, what proof is there that she is not in danger, being held hostage against her own will and making the social media posts under duress. LE has an obligation to track her down and confirm she's well voluntarily missing. Once confirmation is made, their job is done.
Respectfully I disagree. I don't think missing persons cases without overt signs of foul play are Sacramento PD's most urgent cases. Frankly I doubt Sacramento PD is doing anything with this case at present. To me it seems like maybe she has some MH issues and met someone and dropped off the map. I can't imagine what incentive one would have to make a fake account with actual pictures of Leslie.

Respectfully I disagree. I don't think missing persons cases without overt signs of foul play are Sacramento PD's most urgent cases. Frankly I doubt Sacramento PD is doing anything with this case at present. To me it seems like maybe she has some MH issues and met someone and dropped off the map. I can't imagine what incentive one would have to make a fake account with actual pictures of Leslie.
I dunno. Check out MSM for Gabby Petito where FBI had to shut-down at least 5 fake SM accounts created in her name with loads of her photos. JMO

I dunno. Check out MSM for Gabby Petito where FBI had to shut-down at least 5 fake SM accounts created in her name with loads of her photos. JMO
Gabby Petito was the biggest missing persons case probably ever in history. There was enormous incentive to create fake profiles to extort money or just get attention. This case has gotten basically no media coverage.

Periodically, I check the IG page and I snooped a bit through the Following/Followers. There’s a good bit of people on those lists that have the same last name as her. It makes me wonder if it’s just random people or those are her family members.
JMO

Leslie 2020 FB (only a couple posts)

This flyer shows a tidbit - last seen in the area of "15th Street and N Street"

View attachment 341698
Does anybody have any idea where the phone numbers imposed over the body of the photo lead to?

In the Sacramento City College Community post, they list the number for
Sacramento PD -- different number than the photo.

Does anybody have any idea where the phone numbers imposed over the body of the photo lead to?

In the Sacramento City College Community post, they list the number for
Sacramento PD -- different number than the photo.
See missing person's flyer in this article (FB post by Leslie's sister). According to the flyer, both are numbers for @greenenvyy. Perhaps that is something family-related; I don't know. MOO

See missing person's flyer in this article (FB post by Leslie's sister). According to the flyer, both are numbers for @greenenvyy. Perhaps that is something family-related; I don't know. MOO

Thanks, @PommyMommy -- I was toying with calling the number to inquire if she's still considering missing or if she's safe, and voluntarily checked out. Glad you set me straight! I'd rather call Sac PD. o_O

Thanks, @PommyMommy -- I was toying with calling the number to inquire if she's still considering missing or if she's safe, and voluntarily checked out. Glad you set me straight! I'd rather call Sac PD. o_O
@greenenvyy is one of the sister's, Khandaria Alexander. If I recall correctly, from the news article's, there's another sister named Caroline.

I noticed that @greenenvyy is following the new IG account for Leslie, so that confirms my thoughts about whether or not the following/followers are family. Maybe it's safe to assume the new IG account is actually Leslie.

My understanding is Sacramento Police like all other CA agencies use the California Dept of Justice Missing Person databank, maintained under the Attorney General of California. When entering Leslie's name in the search engine, no record is found. IMO, it appears to me that Leslie is missing voluntarily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back